[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM] [ALL]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest nirmalbalaji

Hi Dazz. Rom is great (1021). Only issue, you are aware of is not working hw graphic acceleration. This is working much better in Kra1o5 cm 10, but also have some occasional distortions.

I assume this is also causing most reported issues like gaming performance or battery drain (in my experience 1 hour hw accelerated video in mx drains some 10%, sw accelerated same video on same rom drains 20-30%).

Hope hw acceleration to be fixed soon :)

Running on G510-0200

Are you sure SW accelerated videos are draining more battery than HW acceleration?

Guest cvele992

Is the announced fix for mounting isuses out yet for TWRP?

EDIT

Back to stock rom, touch works fine...

Won't work with this CyanogenMod

PS

In cwm there is no touch no matter what rom I have

CWM is not supporting touch...

Guest Dazzozo

Catch up time, sorry. G300 has a pretty huge issue right now so I've been occupied with that.

Dazz, this is barely related, but how do nightlies work? do they have bug fixes in them? are they like updated versions of CM straight from the CM guys? the compiling surely doesn't take place on a server, so is it coming from a pc that you have? and what's the benefits of updating? 

Some of those questions are relevant to the topic, some aren't. sorry :/

They come from a server and sync with CM at the start of the build.

Dazz, everytime we get a new nightly do we have to do every single wipe before flash it? Or can we flash it without wipe anything?

No, you can upgrade. You've been able to do that forever.

I found bug with max cpu frequency, it doesn't save when you change it (eg. I underclocked my device to 1GHz for better battery lifetime, but it is still going to 1.2GHz).

here are links to screenshot and logcat :)

screenshot2013-10-21-19-.jpg

log - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4vlvgu-Z3m4UmM2bklYUlJPRlE/edit?usp=sharing

You can't set clock speeds yet as far as I know, that will come with overclocking.

Ok SOLVED

Touch works fine now when I installed the rom trough TWRP instead of CWM recovery.

Blody CWM.

Pretty nonsensical. I've used CWM since the start and this is the only report of this issue.

Guest danny19901

How do I add reboot to recovery to the reboot options?

go in settings then about phone the tap build number until says you are a developer then go in dev settings then its in there :)

Guest danny19901

Daz, can we use this app to update the ROM or something like this will be done for Y300 in the future?

What app if delta updates then no but possibly in future

I'm currently running cm-10.2-20131021-NIGHTLY but it prompts me to update to cm-10.2-20131020-NIGHTLY

So by number logic is asking me to update to a older version or what?

Guest danny19901

I'm currently running cm-10.2-20131021-NIGHTLY but it prompts me to update to cm-10.2-20131020-NIGHTLY

So by number logic is asking me to update to a older version or what?

Change settings in updater to new versions including nightlies

Hmm I restored some wifi acess points using titanuim backup and now I can't even turn wifi on, any way to undo this and reset the whole wifi without resseting the whole rom?

thnx

Guest danny19901

Hmm I restored some wifi acess points using titanuim backup and now I can't even turn wifi on, any way to undo this and reset the whole wifi without resseting the whole rom?

thnx

I'm not sure most of my WiFi access points get restored through Google sync or I use an app for WiFi passwords which stores them and restores them when you switch ROM and get app back

Guest Dazzozo

Delayed nightlies tonight, CM merged a RIL update and that broke the RIL class, I've fixed it and I decided to rebuild them since I didn't want people to panic when the 3rd ever nightlies weren't there. :P

Edit: ok CM is actually broken tonight for another reason too, nvm no nightly :D

Guest Hassams

It seems that I can't uninstall apps from the drawer, I have to go in settings_app to do it, have you got this issue too?

Its not an issue, its a feature you're missing which you usually have with a custom launcher like nova/apex. Trebuchet don't have one of those but you can drag the app to app_info then uninstall it

Guest jackosterman

Anyway, general 4.2+ woes I'm intermittently attempting to rectify: -Getting my external SD card to actually mount to /sdcard, not /storage/sdcard0, etc. (I don't mean checking the external storage option in the Storage UI) -Reverting to the old 4.0 recent apps switcher behavior, where the foreground app stays off the queue (hopefully there's an Xposed module out there, somewhere) Some of this looking grim so far, but hopefully I'm just an idiot.

Edited by jackosterman

Guest Silencer96

Here's a mini-tutorial for everyone asking about swap space:

Here's how to boost your ram to a gig +

1. Install CM10.2 By Dazzozo. 

2. Disable ZRam (It should be off by default). 

3. Install RamExpander V2.0+

4. Let it select the "optimal" amount of swap space for you, or select 512mb. 

5. Wait for a minute or two while it creates your swap partition. 

6. You're all set; now you've a phone with over a gig of ram!

I hope that helped.

Guest sacranone

hi all,

I verified that google music is not working well.. sometimes it plays, sometimes it reboot the phone...

Another thing that is not working well is hangout.

All the other for me is working well