Removed battery now phone won't respond.

Guest LeeWillRockYou

Guest LeeWillRockYou

I just rooted my phone and everything went fine but whilst the back was still off (after having to remove the battery for 10/15 secs) the battery fell out, whilst the phone was still on and when I put the battery back in, the phone won't boot back up. Is there any hope, have I fused something or scrambled the battery's chips? I'm not sure what it could be? There is no charging light from either the laptop or mains charger. The only response I get it when I disconnect the phone or the battery from the laptop, the laptop recognises that something has been removed (makes the notification sound).

The phone worked perfectly before albeit a little slow, wish I never bothered tinkering now.  :unsure:

Guest LeeWillRockYou

Thanks for the welcome.

I have tried every combination of battery in/out, laptop/mains charging. It's currently being left in the mains, hoping that it will just pop on :/ But the battery is not getting warm and neither is the phone. I just can't understand why removing the battery would kill both the battery and phone (does some sort or write out/ummount have to happen?)

Thanks for the hope, I will not give up for a few days tinkering about with it anyway. Thanks for your replies too.

happens the same to me some weeks ago. it's a dead motherboard :(

i sended my phone to the warranty and came with a brand new board. they will not notice if you have an unlocked bootloader or root access since the motherboard is dead

The symptoms are:

-phone don´t turn on and don't give any signal of life

-when you connect it on a computer, windows detect an unknown device

Edited by vice17

Guest LeeWillRockYou

I've just received a reply from Huawei who have told me to "give it a good charge for 8 hours" and if I still have an issue, to call their hotline for a detailed diagnostic and if required book a repair.

So does this cost me anything? I'm not sure if I'm still in warranty or not? I'll have to find some records and make sure.

same as me, so why Dazzo dont remove the new recovery when its killing phones OMG...

Dazzozo always has a disclaimer, so it's your problem if you choose to flash one of his things. He isn't liable at all, and he can choose to leave it up if he wants.

Guest akarana
Pulling the battery and leaving it out overnight can sometimes work miracles.
OTOH pulling the battery while the phone is running is a fairly sure way to scramble the rom,
and according to the literature a fairly sure way to fry flash memory chips.
I've always been surprised how well my G300 battery stayed in while I turned 
it over with the back off.

Might be time to put it all back together neatly in the box and try for a return.
If the memory chip is fried your typical servicedroid can't tell what caused it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest george109

I probably shouldn't have done it but I have pulled  the battery on running phones (including the G300) many times without frying anything.

Me doing that has an even better effect! :P It makes the battery percentage go up by about 2-5%! :o  No Joke! 

Edited by george109

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LeeWillRockYou

To update: I returned my phone to the Huawei repair centre (at my own cost of about £4) and received it back exactly a week later with a new board inside.

After a few days I'm reminded again of how sluggish it can be and I'm tempted to root it once again but I'm not sure I dare now :(

I just can't stand the delay when I click an app, especially after now owning a Nexus 7 for a few weeks :/

Why are you worried?

It's difficult to brick the G300 unless you do something really dumb - or still have Hynix eMMC and flash the 3.4 kernel based CWM or CM10.2 which allegedly causes problems (and since removed for download anyway).

Then read up on things and learn about it. There's lots of useful information here and a community willing to answer questions that are not covered adequately already.

Otherwise don't mess with your phone if you don't know what you're doing.

Guest whutwzl

happens the same to me some weeks ago. it's a dead motherboard :(

i sended my phone to the warranty and came with a brand new board. they will not notice if you have an unlocked bootloader or root access since the motherboard is dead

The symptoms are:

-phone don´t turn on and don't give any signal of life

-when you connect it on a computer, windows detect an unknown device

I have the same problem with you.My g300 totally have no responds any more,aaa :(