A Warning to All G300 Owners! Please Read! [Hynix Flash Memory Problem]

Guest george109

Guest unaszplodrmann

I had Hynix memory on a previous board. After an accident involving cursor keys, backspace, enter and dd, I got a replacement board under warranty... Luckily this one has Samsung flash. Serendipity, eh!

Good find Ge... err, Paul... err, Daz ;)

Guest george109

我来自中国~我的闪存是“SJS00M”2/2012

EDIT: The Chinese is the same as the english. Happy now? :wacko:

Edited by george109

Guest george109

I have the samsung one .From Belgium bought may 2012. Is it save to flash cm 10.2 rom and witch nightly is save? 

If you have samsung then it is safe to change ROMS. CM10.2 nightlies have been canceled, so I would flash the latest one from http://www.getcm.thebronasium.com/?device=u8815 (19th October.2013)

Edited by george109

Guest 不知不觉

I was just telling people what the Chinese part meant.

I do not understand English, Google Translator ... hope do not mind, ha ha
10.2, the future is not updated?

Guest george109

I do not understand English, Google Translator ... hope do not mind, ha ha
10.2, the future is not updated?

There might be, I do not know at the moment. 

Guest Tentmaster

Well, here's my story. Have installed most roms that have been released for the 300. For sheer dependability I have found the Chinese roms and their derivatives to be the best for me.For the past week I was using the last Mokee 4.3.1 rom .Last night while reading this thread I saw a link on this thread for a nightly on 21/10/2013 from Dazzozzo. I checked & confirmed that I had xinyh flash memory.I installed the nightly and tested that it could perform to my satisfaction, using the phone continuously for about 2 hours. After that I decided to have a look at Bidzapfc's hybrid. Installed that after doing full wipes and tested it. Shut the phone down for the night.

This morning the phone would not boot up :angry2: . Absolutely no response from the power on button.  :angry2:

What I'm wondering is, is there something in Daz's nightly that is not wiped even in full wipes. Or, alternately, is there something in Bidzapfc's hybrid thats bad news for the xinyh memory.

Can anyone advise of Huawei UK's attitude is to a phone having a custom rom when returned to them for repair? I bought the phone from Amazon.co.uk. Date of purchase is 12th Nov. 2012.

Guest Tentmaster

Why on earth did you install the 3.4 kernel based stuff when you knew that you had Hynix eMMC?!?

Well, as you probably know, curiosity killed the cat........... and obviously my G300 as well :blush:

I honestly thought that the full wipe would get rid  of the damn thing.Obviously not And its not that I'm a noob. I had a Blade before the G300 that I had modded etc. :(

Also, surely Bidzapfc's hybrid dosen't have 3.4 kernel?

you can check the memory type with any root explorer as well - just follow the path up the directory tree from instructions (ignore "cat", and open "name" as text file)

got samsung btw

Well, as you probably know, curiosity killed the cat........... and obviously my G300 as well :blush:

I honestly thought that the full wipe would get rid of the damn thing.Obviously not And its not that I'm a noob. I had a Blade before the G300 that I had modded etc. :(

Also, surely Bidzapfc's hybrid dosen't have 3.4 kernel?

It was made very clear that you shouldn't flash CM10.2/3.4 Kernel if you have Xinyh/Hynix memory. I'm still puzzled on why you would try it.

Just to make things clear, it was mentioned that the 3.4 kernel actually accelerates the death span of the hynix flash memory. This means when you flashed the ROM, you were slowly killing your phone, and wiping the phone would not revert the damage. It's a hardware flaw, so it can't be reverted magically by software.

At this stage I guess that you should just take the chance on sending it back to Huawei for repair. 

Just say it stopped working and don't mention any hacking obviously.

I think others have received repaired/replacement phones in similar circumstances.

Good luck.

Guest HujerosZTE

xinyh

date : 08/2012

bought : march 2013 - Vodafone Czech Rep.

but i running pure stock 952 ROM/ unlock bootloader/ custom kernell/ OC 10%/ TWRP/

Edited by HujerosZTE