[ROM] [CUSTOM] PirateDroidV2 (P736E and P736V) **INT2EXTV2+ RUNNING -> 1GB INTERNAL MEMORY**

Guest Typhus_

Guest Typhus_

Hello!

This ROM it's basically AndroIum but with some changes/improvments.

The main differences are:

1 - Extended Power Menu

2 - MegaBass Audio MOD

3 - Upside down front camera fixed for Vivacity Models

Cya!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest OuahOuah

Another question : is it possible to "backport" your power menu to another ROM like AndroIum ?

Which files do I need to take from your ZIP to another ROM ZIP ?

Do I need to change something else ?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dodgetimmy

And another problem is related with WiFi, it always stuck in "obtaining IP address". No help with static IP settings, tested with two AP. 

Another user of a SFII (P736v) with the same problem as above.

WiFi stuck on obtaining IP address.

I don't really want to go back to a stock everything as suggested, so will just use Androlim instead. Just wanted to say I have the same problem as above.

First I do factory data reset in settings. After that in cwm I wipe cache partition, factory settings and dalwik cache.

do you have more sugestions.

Thank you for effort.

Guest dodgetimmy

First I do factory data reset in settings. After that in cwm I wipe cache partition, factory settings and dalwik cache.

do you have more sugestions.

Thank you for effort.

He already suggested what to do, a hard reset. 

Meaning go back completely to stock settings and stock rom and start over from there.

BTW I also see in your profile you have Telenor Touch Plus.

As far as I know, this is not a ZTE Crescent, but instead ZTE Blade II

This rom is not for your phone I'm afraid. You can double check using the stock rom in the settings of android in the section "about"(Only check stock rom in settings, not this rom). If you have a P736E or P736V. These are the only phones compatible with this rom.

Edited by dodgetimmy

Guest Typhus_

Exactly.

Hard reset is not a "wipe data/factory restore" in recovery, nor cleaning cache. It's a return to the "out of the box" state.

THAT, has to solve the WiFi issue.

Guest dodgetimmy

There is another problem with this rom, it doesn't work with the P736 kernel included in the latest Androlim release (Newest ZTE Kernel). When you replace the stock boot.img with the version from that rom, it gets stuck on first boot.

To get around it, I have been using the older overclock kernel zip file and flashing that in CWM after the installation of this rom, then it boots up no problem.

The problem is, I think the "obtaining IP address" problem may well be at kernel level, but I do not know how to package a kernel for installation seperate, or together with a rom.

SO I guess I have to ask, where is the kernel from with this rom? And how can I package the new one (boot.img) into this rom so it works?

In the mean time I will go back to stock and see if that fixes it, but ideally want to be using the latest kernel.

edit* I found the problem with su access. When you launch the SuperSU application it has an error message "Binaries out of date, please update" neither updating in-app or the reboot method works and the application gets stuck on this message any time you open it. I even tried installing the latest SuperSU via CWM over the top of the existing one, but it doesn't work, still stating "binaries out of date".

Also, I'm guessing because it doesn't work until its updated, all the other applications that need root access fail too.

I fixed it myself by starting fresh with a formatted SD card, deleting the .apk from the system/apps in your rom zip file and flashing the latest version separately after the installation of the rom.

Edited by dodgetimmy

@dodgetimmy

Yes, my phone is compatibile with this rom.from first post:

* Prerequisites *

Spoiler 

If you still haven't CWM Recovery on your phone, install it by following any of the guides available here at the forum.

From here, I'll assume that you have a CWM recovery installed on your phone.

Don't know what's your phone's model?

Not a problem:

P736E: T-Mobile Vivacity, Telenor Touch Plus, Optimus Barcelona and other variants
P736V: Orange San Francisco II, Free Blade S and other variants

Don't know what the hell I'm talking about?

Big problem.

Just close your browser and go make something useful.

I have the same issues like you, with obtaining ip address and with super su. furthermore everything work fine.

Guest Typhus_

@dodgetimmy

As for the kernel, you could unpack both boot.img (the one from PirateDroid and the one from the latest AndroIum), using dsixda's Android Kitchen.

By doing this you can replace just the kernel from boot.img (leave the ramdisk intact).

After replacing the kernel, repack the boot.img and replace it on the ROM flashable zip.

Flash the ROM using the usual methods (wipe data, etc.).

See if that does the job.

Anyway, regarding the su and WiFi issues, I can guarantee that if you come from a "clean stock ROM", you shouldn't have any problems. I didn't have them, nor the people that have already performed the hard reset.

In order to have a "clean stock ROM" you'll have to preform a Hard reset using ZTE update tool (or flash an update.zip for your model).

Anyway ,thanks for keeping this thread alive.

P.S. - I don't know if it's important, but my phone had CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7 installed. Don't know if by using any other recovery will influence the final result on the su binary.

Guest dodgetimmy

@dodgetimmy

Yes, my phone is compatibile with this rom.from first post:

I have the same issues like you, with obtaining ip address and with super su. furthermore everything work fine.

Are you sure the Telenor Touch is a P736E? I thought it was a Blade 2.

@dodgetimmy

As for the kernel, you could unpack both boot.img (the one from PirateDroid and the one from the latest AndroIum), using dsixda's Android Kitchen.

By doing this you can replace just the kernel from boot.img (leave the ramdisk intact).

After replacing the kernel, repack the boot.img and replace it on the ROM flashable zip.

Flash the ROM using the usual methods (wipe data, etc.).

See if that does the job.

Anyway, regarding the su and WiFi issues, I can guarantee that if you come from a "clean stock ROM", you shouldn't have any problems. I didn't have them, nor the people that have already performed the hard reset.

In order to have a "clean stock ROM" you'll have to preform a Hard reset using ZTE update tool (or flash an update.zip for your model).

Anyway ,thanks for keeping this thread alive.

P.S. - I don't know if it's important, but my phone had CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7 installed. Don't know if by using any other recovery will influence the final result on the su binary.

Problem is I can't do a hard reset because all the links to the stock roms are down and I can't get into stock FTM when CWM is installed, you need to be in FTM to access fastboot or use the update tool.

As for the unpacking, doesn't Koush'es tool do that automatically and is independent to a rom? I want to make a kernel package that's compatible with all roms, without the need to package into a rom. Sadly my programming experience is very limited. But as I understand, if I convert the boot.img into a zImage format, it can be used with Koushes tool. I do not really understand the process of unpacking/repacking etc

Guest Typhus_

You may use ZTE Update tool having a CWM Recovery.

I've done that several times.

The tool asks you to be on FTM mode but the FTM mode is, in fact, the "default stock recovery". So, there's no problem on running the tool having your phone in CWM Recovery.

Koush's tool? Never heard about it. Sorry.

Unpacking and repacking a boot image does not take any programming skills, since dsixda's Android Kitchen does it all for you.

Anyway, if you're unable to do it, I could try to do it for you, as soon as I have time.

Cya soon!

Guest Typhus_

PirateDroid ROM with new boot.img for P736V devices.

I've replaced the boot.img kernel with the one present on latest AndroIum.

Can anyone test it?

Download from HERE

If it works, I'll add the link on the OP. Forget it, it didn't work.

Sorry for double post.

Edited by Typhus_

Guest dodgetimmy

Thanks a lot for the help Typhus_

I found the problem with this rom and the p736v.

It relates to using a too small system partition in the TPT.

Typhus, correct me if I am wrong, but this rom isn't bundled with CWM recovery is it? Every time I use CWM, it threatens to install its own recovery instead.

Anyway, I installed the original rom from my stock Orange UK version, but I had to do it a very long way around because for some reason the drivers for fastboot don't work with Windows 8/with USB 3.

This meant I had to install CWM recovery to install your rom from the unlocker tool instead. (I used this guide)

Using that CWM I installed Piratedroid. Initially the WiFI worked fine.

I then rebooted because I wanted to install a SuperSU.zip file I removed from the piratedroid.zip package by recovery.

When I rebooted, there was no longer CWM installed, but something along the lines of ???f3e recovery???. It was very basic and didn't have an option to install zip files.

Soooo, in order to install CWM, (since i cannot access fastboot) I installed this TPT (which includes CWM 6) from here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/355870-tpt-for-sf2/ I chose the 200mb system version and installed it from within android, the settings>about>system update menu.

After installing this and reinstalling Piratedroid, WiFI immediately stopped working again.

So I guess it was a simple matter of the system partition not being big enough. For P736V users this can be solved by installing a TPT with a larger system partition(like the ones in the link above). For P736E users (if any have this problem) I guess you have to go back to a stock ROM to install the default 220mb TPT (if you have since installed a different one since stock that is) that's unless someone manages to work out how to create different TPT's and posts larger ones for the P736E. The links on here to the stock roms are dead, so if you can't use fastboot/ZTE update tool like me, just install a stock Blade 1 rom, by doing that you will set your system partition to 220mb which is enough for the rom.

Long story short, the WiFi problem was caused by not having enough system space. I expect the same goes for the problem with the Stock SuperSU.

Now on to enjoying the roms functionality :D

Edit# Total system size for me is 203 mb after installation.

Edited by dodgetimmy

Guest Typhus_

No, the ROM doesn't have any recovery bundled.

I guess the default system size does really matter.

Thank you for testing all that stuff.

By the way, have you flashed the ROM for P736V? The one I've changed boot.img?

If so, than I guess I could put the link for download on the OP.

Cya!

Guest dodgetimmy

I have been having bizarre problems with this rom.

First I used the P736E package, where I removed the system .apks: superbackup & superuser. I also replaced the boot.img with the P736V one, I already had a 220mb system partition installed.

The rom installed fine, it was working with 203mb system space used. Then suddenly it started to have weird slowdowns, pages not loading properly, apps not closing. On top of that, when I switched the phone off, it kept turning itself back on, despite android shutting down because of low battery.

So I then tried the package you posted recently for the P736V, now this doesn't even boot at all. Constantly stuck on green android Logo. I thought perhaps there wasn't enough space, so I removed again superuser and superbackup, still didn't boot. I thought perhaps the TPT wasn't installed correctly so I re-installed the TPT again, still no luck.

Reinstalled the new kernel, no luck.

Tried old kernel, no luck.

Not sure what it is about the version you posted for the P736V but it doesn't work for me.

Guest Typhus_

:(

That's a shame.

I guess unpacking an repacking boot.img (just to change the kernel) isn't the way to go for P736V models. Or, at least, for the latest P736V kernel.

Best to stick with flashing P736E and afterwards flashing a compatible P736V kernel.

Guest dodgetimmy

Its strange because I unpacked the boot.img and placed it in the zip file and it works fine. Wonder what it is that's preventing it to work with your rom.

Guest dodgetimmy

This rom has a working version of the Asus keyboard!! Its the best keyboard out there in my opinion, but how did you manage to port it?

I've tried installing it on other releases, ICS, JB etc and it just doesn't work.

Guest dodgetimmy

Well, I didn't.

That's the default keyboard from the stock ROM, form which, I've based PirateDroid.

Any idea if there's a version compatible with ICS+? The apk shares there same name as the Asus keyboard and it looks the same, but the ones I've tried for later android versions haven't worked.

Had a bit of luck now just copying the apk and user/xt9 and lib/xt9 but although the keyboard swypes, it doesn't actually work.

Edited by dodgetimmy