[ROM] [CUSTOM] PirateDroidV2 (P736E and P736V) **INT2EXTV2+ RUNNING -> 1GB INTERNAL MEMORY**

Guest Typhus_

Guest ken238

I have only today come across this and I must say it is great.

However, I do have one problem relating to OTA update.  Every time I attempt the update I get an error relating to the signature.

I am unable to comp0lete the installation and my phone keeps informing me that an OTA update is available,

Does anyone please have a solution to this problem,  I would be most grateful if any solution is explained in simple terms.  I am of the silver-haired generation.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Typhus_

Install the update manually through your recovery.

Either that, or update your recovery to allow the installation ignoring the signature issue.

Guest -FoRza CR-

I have a zte atlas w cool p736e. The android version is 2.3. It's really bad. I want to take snapshot. If I load this rom, can I take snapshot?

Guest psychomech

I have only today come across this and I must say it is great.

However, I do have one problem relating to OTA update.  Every time I attempt the update I get an error relating to the signature.

I am unable to comp0lete the installation and my phone keeps informing me that an OTA update is available,

Does anyone please have a solution to this problem,  I would be most grateful if any solution is explained in simple terms.  I am of the silver-haired generation.

Thanks

I had a similar problem when I tried this ROM with an older version of clockworkmod recovery.  Upgrading to a later version solved the problem for me.

I am now having an issue where the phone switches itself back on 10 minutes after shutting it down though, which is weird.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest psychomech

That bug happens on P736V models. I do not know what the hell is causing that. I'm sorry.

LOL, it's a mild annoyance at worst mate.  If I want it off I tend just to switch it onto flight mode and occasionally reboot it if I feel it needs one.  This is still the best ROM I have used for this phone so kudos to you :)

• 2 months later...

ihave problem with youre build.... constanly sync with something and dran batery like hell... and mesages dont read some numbers that i added it in google acc.... can amyone help me with this i have p736e

• 3 months later...
Guest rukalukavina

Hello everyone!

I've been using this ROM for quite some time and I think this is the best ZTE Vivacity can go. Very satisfied. Except for one little thing.

GPS offline navigation does not work. I've tried various apps, about 20 of them. Nothing seems to work.

Now, the app itself does open but I can't download successfully all the maps for navigation.

My favorite is MapFactor Navigator, which downloads maps through P2P. Somewhere in the middle of the process the downloads just hang and never resume.

I suspect that this is due INT2EXTV2+ (because MF Navigator puts maps and other downloaded data on external SD) but maybe someone had this issue and knows more.

Edited by rukalukavina

• 1 year later...
Guest momist

Hi.  I have only just discovered this ROM, and so far I like what I see.  For others in the same position, my experience of the OTA update was this:

First, find the OTA app in your apps, and run it.  It tells you that the update is available, so get it.  When I ran the app, it downloaded the update and started the install, saying I should wipe cache and dalvic cache, and then offered the option to 'Wipe cache' and/or 'Wipe Data'.  I selected both, but that may have been wrong.  Anyway, it went into a screen with a ! in a triangle and a miniature droid, and locked up there.

Pulled the battery and then rebooted into CWM 5.0.2.7 where I wiped cache and dalvic cache.  I installed the update from there, it appears in the list of items on the SD card.  The install worked, but the reboot didn't, and I got a whole lot of repeating warnings about lots of elements not running.

Pulled the battery again, and tried a reboot.  Same story, text system not running, Google something not running, the warnings flood in so fast you can't read them.  I'm now going to try a re-install of the v2 and try the upgrade again.

Edited by momist
correct error.

Guest momist

Hi again.  Yes, it seems this was probably my own fault, I should not have wiped my data.  I re-installed v2.0 and then once I had that running, before I did anything else, I installed the OTA update 2.4 from the SD card.  Now, it works OK.  As for how well it works, well it's early days yet; but this is certainly the most responsive the phone has been on any ROM since I rooted it and started installing other ROMs.  The only other big success I had was with iHarryBao's ROM on ICS, but even that had problems.

I'll return with a further report if this works out OK.

Guest momist

Umph.  This now reboots itself 20 minutes after I've switched it off.  I can't live with that.  Had enough now, I think I should give up on the old Vivacity.

Edited by momist
Going away . . .

Guest sjoyce666

I've just put this ROM on my Vivacity and all seems to be OK but I cannot download the OTA update. It seems to have downloaded somewhere but I cant find it to install it when it reboots into CWM

I haven't done anything with my SD card at any point though. It still has everything on it from when I had a stock ROM