• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

There's quite an echo in here... come on devs! :-)

34 posts in this topic

Posted

This thread over at XDA has some info about triggering TabletUI (on Nexus 7, but it has the technical info required, so it should be possible to replicate it for Hudl I guess): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1780970

You could also try just modifying the DPI on your tablet to trigger TabletUI.

Also note, there is an Xposed Framework module called "Xposed App Settings" which lets you set DPI on a per-app basis, which allows you to use TabletUI for just certain apps. (a la Paranoid Android). Dunno if it works properly on Hudl or not, but I see no real reason for it not to.

Already using XPosed Framework and App setting module. The problem is not the Apps, they switch mode to tablet with DPI change but the System UI doesn't change i.e notifications remain at the top,

I'll have a look at the above link to see if I can figure anything out.

Posted

Already using XPosed Framework and App setting module. The problem is not the Apps, they switch mode to tablet with DPI change but the System UI doesn't change i.e notifications remain at the top,

I'll have a look at the above link to see if I can figure anything out.

The xposed app settings module is much like Per App DPI on paranoidandroid and other ROMs. It doesn't change the system DPI, only the individual app DPI

Posted

The xposed app settings module is much like Per App DPI on paranoidandroid and other ROMs. It doesn't change the systrue tablet DPI, only the individual app DPI

I understand, but the apps change to tablet mode (dual panel) without XPosed so in this instance XPosed doesn't serve any purpose unless any apps misbehave and needs specific dpi.

I guess true tablet mode is no go at the moment.

Posted

I understand, but the apps change to tablet mode (dual panel) without XPosed so in this instance XPosed doesn't serve any purpose unless any apps misbehave and needs specific dpi.

I guess true tablet mode is no go at the moment.

Have you tried changing the global DPI (by which I mean, the DPI for the whole tablet, found in build.prop)?

Posted

Have you tried changing the global DPI (by which I mean, the DPI for the whole tablet, found in build.prop)?

Yes, I used Rom Toolbox to edit the build.prop file..

Posted

Not sure how this would give me tablet ui, tried it anyway. It does what it claims, not tablet ui.

Darn, posted the wrong link. This is the one I meant to post: http://repo.xposed.info/module/pl.suzume.xposed.tabletui

Posted

Darn, posted the wrong link. This is the one I meant to post: http://repo.xposed.info/module/pl.suzume.xposed.tabletui

Ah, OK, although that doesn't work either. Thanks anyway, I guess we'll have to wait for kernel source for custom ROMs