[ROM][ZTE Skate] H3 Holo (Dolby Audio + Linaro optimized kernel + frandom + ROW I/O scheduler)

Guest H3ROS

I'm working on the launcher in my free time.

Once I've got everything how I want it then I might update parts to look like KitKat. No promises though as KitKat is kind of ugly in areas, in my opinion.

Guest RogyHyde

I'm working on the launcher in my free time.

Once I've got everything how I want it then I might update parts to look like KitKat. No promises though as KitKat is kind of ugly in areas, in my opinion.

Can you do a patch, so then we can choose between JB and KK?

Maybe. I did mention on my website that I might do something if I've got some free time, but right now I'm wanting to improve the launcher and address battery related issues.

Not many people have said that battery was ever a problem with H3 Blues, so as this is built off of H3 Blues nothing should of changed that'd effect battery life. So I guess what I need to know from people suffering from battery drain is if H3 Blues (my version, not modified versions) also drains the battery quickly for them. If it does then I'd have to rebase the ROM off of my earlier AtomICS ROM.

Edited by H3ROS

AtomICS is based on a generic version Android with hacked in Dolby audio where as H3 Blues and Holo are based on the Orange firmware, so they don't log any audio related errors at all. I did have to patch some stuff so that the Orange firmware would display all network names correctly though, since they tried to lock it down to only a few network names.

I think SKatie uses a different generic version of Android to AtomICS, so how does a fully up to date version of SKatie fair for you?

I think battery can be fairly hard to judge since everyones will behave differently and our devices are pretty old now. The last 2 days though I've been using an app called OnePowerGuard so that I could see which apps were using the most power. The ones that come out as the worst for it was the email app and Swype. Everything else was OS related or network related (WiFi or the radio).

Guest nicksoph

Re Battery:

I run it pretty much as built - dont use Bluetooth, use the browser for at least an hour a day, bit of email/facebook/maps, 20mins of calls a day. never failed to get through a day.

At least as good as Blues - seems a bit better to me.

nick

Is the 1.6x zoom for photo normal ? Shouldn't it go up to 4x ?

That's normal. It does it with all stock GB cameras.

@ nicksoph

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I do and it gets me through the day with no problems. I'd have to be playing games or watching a lot of YouTube with WiFi constantly on for it to make a dent in the battery usage.

Debugging something when nobody can actually show an error is hard.

Guest Dusan001

Its probably dumb to ask this, but what format shoud SD-EXT partition be, since when it was on FAT32 set as primary the phone was suck at bootloop, so I reformated whose SD and phone boots normally, does it need to be EXT4 to load the external partition?

Guest Titan777

Hi, it is possible to recognize Flac files on the phone, or in the list of media files and audio.

Because otherwise I have to start them individually from the file manager every time.
Thanks

Guest krissassassin

Really nice ROM with great performance and no bugs!!! I've tried it and I'm staying on it for sure!!! :)

I would like to know is there some ways to turn-off/delete the camera shuter sound?

Also, it would be great if you add some built in (or optional) feature for DPI scaling. It's not mandatory but scaling to 200-220 would be really great...

Its probably dumb to ask this, but what format shoud SD-EXT partition be, since when it was on FAT32 set as primary the phone was suck at bootloop, so I reformated whose SD and phone boots normally, does it need to be EXT4 to load the external partition?

Go to CWM, select advanced, partition SD card, 512M or 1024M and set the swap size to 0. It'll then setup the correct partition type for you.

The SD card as a whole can be FAT or FAT32.

Hi, it is possible to recognize Flac files on the phone, or in the list of media files and audio.

Because otherwise I have to start them individually from the file manager every time.
Thanks

To play flac you may need Poweramp, jetAudio or Astro Player.

Really nice ROM with great performance and no bugs!!! I've tried it and I'm staying on it for sure!!! :)

I would like to know is there some ways to turn-off/delete the camera shuter sound?

Also, it would be great if you add some built in (or optional) feature for DPI scaling. It's not mandatory but scaling to 200-220 would be really great...

Putting it into silent mode before taking a picture does stop the sound, but you can also remove it by going to /system/media/audio/ui/ and deleting or renaming camera_click.ogg

Changing the DPI is something that's work in progress. There's some things I need to fix up so that they scale correctly, but you can have per-app DPI by using the Gingerbread version of Xposed.

Guest Dusan001

Thanks H3ROS, i tried CWM way of formatting and it again didnt work, so i formatted whole card again, booted it up, and tried AParted app, partition was made, and system boots flawlessly :) Also thank a lot for the ROM, its awsome by any mean :) I see this is gonna be my new day to day ROM :D