[ROM][ZTE Skate] H3 Holo (Dolby Audio + Linaro optimized kernel + frandom + ROW I/O scheduler)

Guest H3ROS

when will update with transparent status bar and battery percentage??? :-)

A KitKat theme isn't promised. I'll create one only if I get the time, but I'll publish an official battery percentage mod after the next update I think.

I searched the topic but it's not that clear-

Is 150mb system /2mb cache enough for this ROM. I thought 2mb cache redirecting only worked with CM7?

150MB system with a 2MB cache will be perfect. It works with all of my ROM's :)

You could also add a 1GB SD-EXT (no swap) via CWM and then you'll have room for lots of apps without moving anything to the SD card yourself.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest wildhelios

Hello,

I have just installed this rom on my zte skate, but i encountered a problem that i cannot solve.

I don't want the phone to be able to connect to the internet through the APN of my mobile netwrok, but I want to be able to send and receive MMS. On other rom tis was very simple, since i just had to delete the UMTS data account (APN) and maintain the MMS APN.

In this ROM (H3 Holo) i cannot delete or edit the APN installed by default by my mobile card.

Can any one help me?

Thanks in advance.

@ Jimmie Strimell

I've been full of a cold for the last week, but it's getting better now so I'll start working on things again soon.

@ SimonDeBacker

Impressive. It also shows that theres no wakelock issues.

@ wildhelios

Download this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SIMAPNCheck

Then via the file manager go to /system/etc and move the apns-conf.xml file to your SD card and reboot.

Guest wildhelios

Thank you, H3ROS!

i moved the file you indicated but the pre-configured APNs remained in the settings, without being able to delete them or edit.

By moving the file apns-conf.xml to the sdcard, shouldn't the APNs configured disappear from the settings, upon reboot?

Thank you, H3ROS!

i moved the file you indicated but the pre-configured APNs remained in the settings, without being able to delete them or edit.

By moving the file apns-conf.xml to the sdcard, shouldn't the APNs configured disappear from the settings, upon reboot?

Yeah, unless they got relocated to a database.

I'm not sure if you can download this app, but it's one I use on my phone and I know it allows you to delete all APN info.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paulshirley.android.giffgaffsetapn

Guest wildhelios

Is there any way to reduce the time for the screen to turn on, during a phone call, after i remove the phone from my ear?

Often, I want to use the "high-speaker" function ( I don't know the correct designation in english), but the screen remains black, and so I cannot access the screen functions.

Thank you.

Guest Horstorm

Thanks H3ROS,

firstly I have to say: unbelievable amazing ROM. Good-looking, stable, easy installation and with no bugs or errors. Great job!

Unfortunately, I have to say that I'm experiencing an issue. It's about Dolby audio. I like it, but I want to have it swithed off on default. The issue is that when i reboot phone Dolby is on, while in settings it looks like it is still switched off. I have to turn it on and off and everything is ok. It is just insignificant bug, but if it could be solved, the ROM will be totally perfect.

And there is another bug, that can have nothing to do with ROM but with my service provider. Sometimes, using HSDPA, it gets stuck on upload and cannot do anything. Turning mobile data off then on does fix it. Also insignificant when there is switcher in notification bar.

As you can see after using this rom for 3 months i found only these two issues. It's unbelievable how stable the ROM is, with all the functions, no bugs and it is still being developed and supported! Thank you a lot. Hats off to H3ROS!

Can't wait to see another update. I'm looking forward to have battery in percentage.

PS: I hope that it is intelligible. My english is not good enough.

Another bug with dolby, idk if you already know about it. When dolby on with other souds, for example dial pad tones, when using dial pad  there is a quiet sound coming from speaker after i touched something... Don't know how to put it in english... Its like have your pc's speakers on, and on high sound and you're not listening to anything and you can hear an interference sound or something. 

Anyways, downloaded this rom just to try when released, using it ever since :) I kept my phone wothout reboot for 1000+ hours, no bugs or bigger lags appeared. Now thats a quality!

All of the Dolby issues are unfortunately issues found in the stock Orange Monte Carlo ROM, so they're not fixable. I could maybe work around the Dolby setting not being remembered after a reboot though. I'd just need to figure out how to enable and disable Dolby again and I could then include that fix into my audio rerouter app.

I'm still not sure what to do with the launcher for the next update, since Holo Launcher now looks like KitKat and this ROM's designed to look more like Jelly Bean. Other launchers e.g. ADW and modded Chinese ones have drained the battery much faster during my tests due to the animations and extra bloat. The Chinese ones have a lot of suspicious code within them too, so although they appear to be very smooth I feel it's too much of a security risk to include one. I may just modify the last ICS/JB themed version of Holo Launcher so that it can't be updated. The other option is that I put off the update for a while longer and create a basic KitKat theme.

Guest Horstorm

All of the Dolby issues are unfortunately issues found in the stock Orange Monte Carlo ROM, so they're not fixable. I could maybe work around the Dolby setting not being remembered after a reboot though. I'd just need to figure out how to enable and disable Dolby again and I could then include that fix into my audio rerouter app.

I'm still not sure what to do with the launcher for the next update, since Holo Launcher now looks like KitKat and this ROM's designed to look more like Jelly Bean. Other launchers e.g. ADW and modded Chinese ones have drained the battery much faster during my tests due to the animations and extra bloat. The Chinese ones have a lot of suspicious code within them too, so although they appear to be very smooth I feel it's too much of a security risk to include one. I may just modify the last ICS/JB themed version of Holo Launcher so that it can't be updated. The other option is that I put off the update for a while longer and create a basic KitKat theme.

Thanks for response.

About that launcher, i suggest not-updateable modified Holo launcher and mod, that will make it updateable if it isn't too much extra work. Basic KitKat theme is needless for me. I love this theme.

The main problem I have with a KitKat theme is that the current theme is designed to use the dark Holo colour scheme, but KitKat uses whites a lot more. That could mean that I'd need to redesign things like the dialer, which isn't easy to do when you're not working from source.

I guess I might release the next update with the ICS/JB themed Holo Launcher and then I'll start work on a KitKat theme for them who want it.

Guest ousZTE

@H3ROS

2 months i'm using your rom no problem ,no problem at all...until yesterday i'm havig FC on media (android.process.media has FC) pleas help me ,i can't play music NO sonde on call nor notifier :(

edit:

can't eaven connect play store and DroidVPN can't detect a port and i'm geting Error when turning WiFi on from statut bar

Edited by ousZTE

Do you have anything liked to the SD-EXT partition? It sounds like your SD card had some corruption or something.

You could try clearing the cache and rebuilding the dalvik cache from CWM, but I'm not sure if it'll work.

Guest Horstorm

Yesterday I have experienced another bug. The battery was low and I needed sth to do so I turned it back on and when it started to shut off again the battery was totally empty and it doesn't turn off properly. After I turn it on, I noticed that all system settings were set to deafult, even security pattern. Is there sth to do, that it won't happen again?

PS: How does it look with an update?

If you've got an SD EXT partition set up and it loses power suddenly when shutting down then there could be data loss. Think of it like how if you unplug a USB memory stick from a PC without unmounting it first. Sometimes it'll be fine, but sometimes things can go very wrong.

As for the theme update, I've not started work on that yet. Android stuff in general is a low priority for me right now as I'm still working, but I'm looking for a new job. If the Skate was a newer device and I was receiving donations then I'd work on it more, but it's old now and doesn't get much attention anymore. That plus the few donations I did receive were for the ROM itself, which has less issues than even the official Skate ROM's.

In a few months I'll probably get a new phone as I want something better than ARMv6 and my phones covered in little scratches. Even the usb sockets loose from charging it and all of the debugging I've done.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Horstorm

I kew that it hasn't anything to do with rom. Thanks for making it clear to me. About an update, I do understand. I'm thinking about buying a new phone too. But could you help me with another issue..? When I'm trying to install a new app, the phone reboots and don't install it. It's a problem, because I can not get any new app. Where is the problem?

EDIT: Problem solved... UGBADQ

Edited by Horstorm

The ROM's currently not designed to work at anything but the default DPI. Using fixed sizes is a design choice I had to make when creating the ROM to work around some issues to make it look more like Jelly Bean.

I do plan on addressing DPI issues, but for the time being the workaround is to install the Gingerbread version of Xposed framework and use the XposedAppSettings module as that'll allow you to set per app DPI.

Edit: I think the most you can get is 200 DPI. That'll have minor UI bugs, but no matter what launcher you use it'll be slower.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest marko_serb

Thanks man! The ROM really looks fast. DPI can be set to 190 without any problems, and it also works fast (scrolling is not hardware accelerated anyways).

Guest Randomness.

Hi there, nice work on the ROM! I'd like to try it hoping I'll stay on it for a while, but...

malicious.jpg

I'm a bit confused now. How can we fix this? Cheers

<Edit> Downloaded it with another browser, it's all good now.

Edited by Randomness.