[ROM][ZTE Skate] H3 Holo (Dolby Audio + Linaro optimized kernel + frandom + ROW I/O scheduler)

Guest H3ROS

Guest Randomness.

Oh yeah, wanted to ask something else about the ROM. What Android version does it run on?

And another thingy: It won't install on my device (says it's ''bad'').

It's a heavily modified version of the stock Orange Monte Carlo ROM, which is Gingerbread v2.3.5. It has Dolby audio and everything works unlike the Jelly Bean or KitKat ROM's. It's less smooth as it doesn't have tripple buffering, but it's very fast.

If you've got CWM v4.0.1.4 installed then it should work providing that the zip file has a matching hash.

MD5: 8d76e448bc702e8cf4dd429cc3ba3b6c

Edited by H3ROS

Guest xander21

Hello,

i am running the 1.0.0 since the beginning and i wonder if i have to update it.
I haven't find any problem for my use (bluetooth update on 1.0.1 isn't needed) and updated all app (update 1.0.2) without problem.
​Is the kernel update and the improve of the toggle button are a reason to update it ?

Edited by xander21

I'd say it's worth updating, but you could hold out for the 2.0.3 update. That'll include a patched launcher so that it doesn't change to the KitKat themed one.

Guest javilopi

This rom is great! The fastest and smoothes I have try. Great job.

The only problem I have is when I activate the usb storage to transfer files to my sd card. The transfer is extremely slow. The card works nice with other roms, with a card reader or even mounting it from recovery, but it is very slow from the rom. I have a 8GB Class 10 sd card, with 1GB for sd-ext and the rest for storage.

Am I the only who this happens?

Thanks.

Edited by javilopi

Guest Horstorm

This rom is great! The fastest and smoothes I have try. Great job.

The only problem I have is when I activate the usb storage to transfer files to my sd card. The transfer is extremely slow. The card works nice with other roms, with a card reader or even mounting it from recovery, but it is very slow from the rom. I have a 8GB Class 10 sd card, with 1GB for sd-ext and the rest for storage.

Am I the only who this happens?

Thanks.

Dunno how much it helps but I know that BFQ I/O scheduler is best for usb data transfer rate. don't know how faster it will be, i'm not experiecing slow transef rate because I use ftp client a transfer data through wifi.

Edited by Horstorm

Guest xander21

I have tried my GPS again and use "GPS test".

I have 4 to 8 satellite under 20 SNR (average between 11 to 17) in use but no exact position ( around 2000m accuracy) or speed during few minutes.

After 15 or 20 min, i'm at 11 satellites and finally get a speed but far from real speed (around 5 to 10 kms per hour upper the reality) with a 15m accuracy and not stable at all when i'm at a regular speed in the car.

I have tried GPS app but wasn't able to get a real position from GPS, only 3G was giving one time to time and wrong.

So my chip is working but very bad.

Any idea to enhance SNR and what could avoid getting position when i use few satellites ?

I think that's a problem with the way the stock ROMs mount it. There's some settings in build.prop that might help if removed or changed, so I'll try that soon. But I do know that a Linux OS e.g. Ubuntu has none of the problems that Windows does.

@ xander21

The GPS servers were modded in this ROM, unlike in H3 Blues. You could try to further enhance it yourself.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cochibo.gpsstatus

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Double.FasterFix

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.canaryx.gpsaids

@ Jimmie Strimell

Soon. It's not really a big update. It just fixes some minor bugs that you probably won't notice, converts some apks to system apk's and it'll revert the launcher update by installing a version that can't be updated.

@ Prokai91

You're welcome :)

Guest Cloudvdr

Hello, since you created this ROM I have it in my phone, and I think that the problem with the battery isn't the Kernel. The real problem is NoFrills cause I am using SetCPU and the battery is improving. I created an icon pack JellyBean battery with %, if you want I can share it... 

Is there some possibility to change the Lockscreen to Jelly Bean without using any app? I am using MagicLocker to get it because it is better than HoloLocker.

I am trying to compile the app settings to change in the CPU options NoFrills to SetCPU

Can you change it and try this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iolrpr8x5grpi6z/screenshot-1391267320841.png

Edited by Cloudvdr

NoFrills shouldn't cause a problem as it's inactive by default. The default governor should be SmartassH3 as that's battery efficient and the I/O scheduler should be ROW as that'll prioritise read requests over write requests, which is what you want an a mobile device.

There's no way to change the lockscreen without an app. I tried. Personally I use a lockscreen pattern lock anyway, so I wouldn't notice the difference as I did theme that to look more like Jelly Bean.

I could probably change the settings menu to link to NoFrills, but I can't supply NoFrills because the author doesn't want ROM's to be released containing the app. That's why I had to stick with NoFrills.

As for the the battery status, I've not made an official one yet because each time I change the framework-res it'll break your battery icon. It could also cause people to install an older framework-res file which might break things, depending on what I change within the ROM.

Edited by H3ROS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AbrantesPT

Hi 

Rom looks like ICS and very fast! 

But i have a major issue: When i try to download or update an app via market (PlayStore) it returns an error: ill translate:  "CANNOT TRANSFER UPDATE DUE TO AN ERROR (403)

How can i fix this?

thnks! 

Guest AbrantesPT

i found solution: i set factory default... loged my gmail account again, now market works fine

Is there anyway to get status bar transparent???? and status bar icons white??? u know what i mean.... :D

I've been working on an update, but I've been very busy lately so I may just change the minor update into a larger update so that some things become KitKat themed. That would give you the white icons, but it might not have the transparent statusbar because that can look awful in some situations.

Guest AbrantesPT

Nice ;)

This rom is too far the fastest for skate, and looks like ICS, I love it :-D

My proximity sensor is not working. I have already went rom settings and used the calibration tool. Then I reboot, still not working :-(

This is the only issue I have. Is there a way to fix it?

A question : some one knows where to buy online a flip case for our skate?

Edited by AbrantesPT

Guest AbrantesPT

Nice ;)

This rom is too far the fastest for skate, and looks like ICS, I love it :-D

My proximity sensor is not working. I have already went rom settings and used the calibration tool. Then I reboot, still not working :-(

This is the only issue I have. Is there a way to fix it?

A question : some one knows where to buy online a flip case for our skate?

I dont have a file called "prox_data.txt" (should be in "//data/misc" like other roms?)and i have a file "prox_threshold.txt" that as some numbers mixed with letters.

Realy need help on this please :)

Guest betterthanjordan79

Hi I've tried 2 install this rom but it keeps boot looping and I have install the correct version and also wiped data etc. I think its to do with the partition size... Can anyone help me out? Many thanks!!!