[ROM][ZTE Skate] H3 Holo (Dolby Audio + Linaro optimized kernel + frandom + ROW I/O scheduler)

Guest H3ROS

Guest kidbetin

went back to my old rom

will try to flash again.

one question though;

how do i keep the kernel the same and what is the procedure?

thanks for the reply.

h3blues was great!!

Guest H3ROS

By keeping the kernel the same I meant did you flash C3C0's kernel or something onto my ROM after installing it.

In general you just need to make sure you do exactly this:

• From CWM wipe data/factory reset
  • Go to mounts and storage and format system
  • If you've got an SD-EXT partition then format that too
  • Select to install the zip from the SD card
Edited by H3ROS

Guest kidbetin

thanks h3ros

followed your instructions to the letter

everything is super fast and lots of cache space now.

was using Jelly Bean and it took a lot of space!!!

great ROM

now to install wifi backup data.....

will keep you posted

thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sakiboj

Hi h3ros, great rom, super fast and everything working. I was wanted to ask you about those buttons on phone. With this rom it is like in attached picture but in other house button was home button and 3 lines button was menu. Is this something that should be like this?

-zte-skate-novslikao3485.jpg

And I must ask about % and styles on battery, can it be changed somehow?

Edited by sakiboj

Guest H3ROS

It sounds like you've flashed the wrong version of the ROM. The regular version would have the home button on the left and the menu button in the middle, but the SFR version has the menu button on the left and the home button in the middle. The SFR is similar to the ZTE Skate, but it's got a different layout and it's kernel is also slightly different.

The battery percentage isn't an option. I've gone for the AOSP look, so it's exactly the same as ICS or Jelly Bean would have it. I think someone posted an unofficial addon somewhere in this thread or on htcmania though.

Guest sakiboj

Thx, can You tell me why I get constant messages about google service stoped working? Not on just this rom, on all roms I tried, that message constantly popps out.

Guest gajo94

Is there will be another update, i have one minor problem, i cant get working int2ex+ script i have  512mb ext4 partiton, when i install script rom wont bootup????

By the way congrat for this awesome rom.

Edit: I managed to bootup but phone restarts after a while and i loose google play and other google services.

Edited by gajo94

Guest H3ROS

Is there will be another update, i have one minor problem, i cant get working int2ex+ script i have  512mb ext4 partiton, when i install script rom wont bootup????

By the way congrat for this awesome rom.

Edit: I managed to bootup but phone restarts after a while and i loose google play and other google services.

You don't need to flash any scripts with this ROM.

Create a 1GB EXT partition with no swap in ClockworkMod and then install the ROM. It'll automatically set everything up for you :)

Guest gajo94
You don't need to flash any scripts with this ROM.   Create a 1GB EXT partition with no swap in ClockworkMod and then install the ROM. It'll automatically set everything up for you :)
I cannot create partiton in clockwork i created it with mini tool partiton wizard as primary both partitons, I installed rom but its crashes at all aps (settings, playstore...) he see partition but wont work correct, can you tell me step by step what to do. Thanks for reply ;) Edited by gajo94

Guest H3ROS

Backup everything from your memory card and fully reformat it. Next create the EXT partition and then copy the ROM to the SD card and try it again.

When installing the ROM you're following the guide and doing all of the wipes as in post #1, right?

How come you can't create the partition in ClockworkMod? ClockworkMod v4.0.1.4 should work perfectly.

Guest gajo94

When i partititon in clockwork he says done, but when i go to log i see there some errors? When i put sd card in pc mini tool partition size tells me unpartitoned space that i formated in cwm (4.0.1.4) I nearly managed to partiton sd card and boot this morning, but still same problem it crashes when i have tried to update youtube. I am doing all steps from frist post.

Guest H3ROS

I'm not sure what else to suggest. If the ROM was downloaded correctly, you've wiped the system partition and your SD card then it should work without fault. My bet is that the faults with your SD card and the way in which it's being formatted, since nobody else has any problems with ClockworkMod.

What version of ClockworkMod do you have installed? Also have you adjusted the TPT at all? You need at least 150MB for the system and a 2MB cache.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest gajo94

I fixed problem. Microsd card was a trouble maker, i changed it and now is perfect. Thanks for help :)

Is there will be another update.

Do you know how to fix vibration (hardware) it wont work on any rom(i did not try stock rom). Maybe i damaged something when i

removed simlock from my skate??

Sorry for grammar English isn't my first language.

Edited by gajo94

Guest H3ROS

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been rather busy lately. I might release an update at some point, but I'm currently not using my Skate. There's no major issues to fix though.

If vibration isn't working on any of the ROM's for you then you might of damaged something as vibration is something that works on every ROM.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djchena

Nice rom, but i have problems with data connection. I've tried everything I've seen in many forums, but I have been unable to run the Data Connection. The APN is correctly configured, as I have always configured in all roms, I've tried all combinations with options, but nothing. Help please.

[sOLVED] finally it was by poor settings in the APN. In APN type the first letter lower case he had to go, it's weird, in all roms let me put it in capitals.

Edited by djchena

Guest xander21

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been rather busy lately. I might release an update at some point, but I'm currently not using my Skate. There's no major issues to fix though.

If vibration isn't working on any of the ROM's for you then you might of damaged something as vibration is something that works on every ROM.

I plan to change phone since few months because many apps refuse old rom (Chrome as main exemple).

What phone replace your skate ?

Maybe you would advise me to only change the rom ?

Guest KorjnacaRade
Hi, am using this device and at moment have no need for anything better.  I am using C3C0 CyanogenMod 7.2.0 ROM , but i would like to try this one because its newer and promise to be better, and hopefully has louder in-call sound.  What I need is stability and functionality (everything working as it should).
Anyhow can you please reupload latest version of ROM on some other server, ubuntuone is not working anymore (Unfortunately this file is no longer available, the service has been discontinued. For details, see: http://blog.canonical.com/2014/04/02/shutting-down-ubuntu-one-file).

Guest xander21

I've only temporarily got a Huawei Y300, but that's only to fix a few issues. I'm planning on buying a Moto G soon.

And why choose this one ?

Motorola isn't so much repute in front of many other brand.

Is it 4G ?

When i see its price and its battery life, it looks a bit more attractive !

Edited by xander21

Guest H3ROS

@ KorjnacaRade

I'll reupload it later today. I'll need to find my backup.

@ xander21

The great battery is the main reason, but it also outperforms the Nexus 4 which tends to sell on eBay for more than the Moto G.

The only thing I don't like is that there's no SD card slot, but there's a new version that does have an SD card slot and it also adds LTE.

New 8GB version (includes LTE and SD card slot) link

Old 8GB version link

Edited by H3ROS

Guest xander21

@ KorjnacaRade

I'll reupload it later today. I'll need to find my backup.

@ xander21

The great battery is the main reason, but it also outperforms the Nexus 4 which tends to sell on eBay for more than the Moto G.

The only thing I don't like is that there's no SD card slot, but there's a new version that does have an SD card slot and it also adds LTE.

New 8GB version (includes LTE and SD card slot) link

Old 8GB version link

I'll think about the idea of buying it then. ;-)

And do you plan to dev roms for it ?

Edited by xander21