[ROM][ZTE Skate] H3 Holo (Dolby Audio + Linaro optimized kernel + frandom + ROW I/O scheduler)

Guest H3ROS

whatsapp working here to (french) 

@H3ROS 

any way to add arabic to swip keyboard cz it's missing 

I'll have to delay the patch until tomorrow as there's one small thing I'd like to clean up, so along with German I'll add Arabic if I can (it depends on if theres compatible language files for the OEM version).

Guest johnny07mdc

Look's very interesting

been on rootbox from C3CO for last 6 months and very happy with it but i am going to give this a go

Thanks H3ROS for all the hard work you must have done will post again in few days after testing :D :D

I'll have to delay the patch until tomorrow as there's one small thing I'd like to clean up, so along with German I'll add Arabic if I can (it depends on if theres compatible language files for the OEM version).

And portuguese, please. :D

Guest xander21

I just checked my system space and my SD EXT partition wasn't here.
I had 1Gb free at first boot but not anymore since i formated the FAT32.
I have probably formatted the full SD into FAT32 by error.

I have reformated EXT partition under CWM (1Gb EXT and no swap) and after first boot, i was unable to mount or even see FAT32 partition under android.
I rebooted under CWM, check partition by mounting USB, one was FAT32 and one was unreadable under windows so it looked good for me.

I restored ALL my SD files and reboot and it's fine, FAT32 partition is readable on phone and on computer, and system says that i have around 1Gb free.

I don't know what wrong between android SD FAT32 partiton formating and CWM partition making but they look to not like each other.

Do i need to install Link2SD ?

Edited by xander21

Guest honigfisch

Hey H3ROS- the german keyboard is wrong - i havent checked the keyboard clearly yesterday I think there isnt enough space for the keys ü,ö,ä on the right side And to be honest - the swype keyboard is a bit laggy The key ü and ö should be placed one above their current position and ä two above - so on the right side of ö Edit: @ xander21 just flash another cwm With 4.0.14 its working and no you dont need link2sd

post-1008380-13830444356536_thumb.jpg

Edited by honigfisch

@ xander21

As suggested, try using CWM v4.0.1.4. If you create your partitions via that then everything should be fine.

@ honigfisch

Unfortunately I can't edit the keyboard layout files as they're encrypted. I can try to look for a different version of the language files and hope that that'll change the layout though.

The keyboard has never seemed laggy to me, but I'm only using English. I don't how it fairs with other languages.

I could suggest downloading the following if I can't get the langauge pack.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=inputmethod.latin.ported

Guest honigfisch

Can you please make an addon (flashable zip file) with the old android keyboard ( the black one) if possible

Edited by honigfisch

I'll try, but of course I'll have to theme it a little first.

By the way, you do know that if you hold down on a key it'll give you more options? Sadly if you set it to the German language though then ö isn't found under o and ü also isn't found under u. They're there when set to English though.

@ ousZTE

Unfortunately this OEM version of the keyboard doesn't support Arabic.

I'd recommend this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=inputmethod.latin.ported

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ics.languagepack.ar

Edited by H3ROS

The update is now being pushed via OTA updates. Fresh full versions of the ROM will be posted soon. The first post has been updated with new links.

For the testers that are still running the pre-release version, the update will work on your version, but it's best you ditch that and switch to the public version as that contains a few other changes.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Dusan001

I'm having a problem with this rom, after doing a clean install rom starts up, but after the first reboot, it gets stuck at bootloop, any ideas what it may be? i installed version 1.0.1 from link, and installed through CWM 4.1... I'm sure I did everything as I should :/

Here's a checklist:

• 150MB or larger system partition
  • Use the correct version of the ROM for your device
  • Wipe data and cache
  • Format /system

H3 Holo v1.0.1.zip

MD5: 00322a2280d1ffbf13da60b43a743099

H3 Holo v1.0.1 SFR.zip

MD5: 6aef76eda2d4f60b3c7220421acdc11a

If you've done the above and if the downloaded zip isn't corrupt then it should work.

Edited by H3ROS

can anyone test that the www.tippmixpro.hu site is loaded in the browser or not with this rom?

I look that other gingerbreads dont like, so im on JB with my skate long time ago, because its important for me :)

Thank you

Edited by fagyi

Guest cyberke

Hello I was on  Blues, I was very happy with it and will upgrade to Holo Thank you very much !

Otherwise on a ZTE SKATE Medion Brand, After the rom installation it stays at the Android H3 Holo logo, the rom does not start the phone

will try the sfr version

Edited by cyberke

Guest ChrisNicol

Hi, I installed this ROM onto my Skate, very happy an impressed with the performance but only downside is the battery life. Is there a way to make it last longer or anything I could install to help it? Cheers.

can anyone test that the www.tippmixpro.hu site is loaded in the browser or not with this rom?

I look that other gingerbreads dont like, so im on JB with my skate long time ago, because its important for me :)

Thank you

It doesn't work, but I can take a guess why. It's probably blocked in the hosts file.

@ cyberke

It should be okay as long as you wiped everything. The first boot can take a few minutes while it builds caches and sets up data. I'd say about 5 minutes max.

Also make sure you've got everything done like in this post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/366117-romzte-skate-h3-holo-dolby-audio-linaro-optimized-kernel-frandom-row-io-scheduler/page-4#entry2169801

@ ChrisNicol

Try a full discharge and the a 100% charge, but not via USB to a computer.

I've run the ROM for a while now and have checked for any leaks via BetterBatteryStats, but it never reports any wakelock issues. So that leaves only 2 other options, ARM power management in the kernel or ROW is taking a little more battery for some reason, in which case go to the CPU settings and try changing it to SIO to see how that fairs.

Edited by H3ROS

Android keyboard :s ?

Will be working on it now that the updates out and ROM's uploaded.

Here's what I'll be doing:

• Stock keyboard addon
  • Suggested translations for the settings menu
  • Might test a version of the kernel with ARM power management disabled

In fact, if people who think that the battery seems to be going a little quick create a backup of the ROM in CWM then they could try flashing the normal version of C3C0's S2 kernel.

For me the battery seems to behave well. It drains no faster than any of the Android 4.x builds.