You can have any coloured hudl as long as it's black!

Well glad I bought my blue hudl back at the start of the month (arrived after 14x day delay) - now looking to buy a red one for my partner.

Thing is, up here in the Northeast there aren't any  :o  and Tescodirect only has black available  :wacko: - looks like the hudl is this years must have Christmas present. All local'ish stores are completely out and only receiving 5-6 hudl's at a time when they do get any. Needless to say these are also just black - I could probably buy multicoloured hen's teeth quicker!

Leaves me to think either Tesco launched the hudl as a 'punt' and didn't think it would be a big seller or more likely completely under estimated how many they should stock prior to the run up to Christmas  :(

IMHO apart from the cameras the hudl's spec is amazing for the price - after talking to a number of very big Tesco stores, the previous tipped *must have* tablet for Christmas i.e. the Nexus 7 (2013) model, that stock is just gathering dust in the stock rooms (possibly due to ongoing screen/touch issues being reported all over as well as the hudl's price point). 

Well, come on Tesco, get that far off production line output increased but in the process don't lower the production quality or I'll just get an earful for Christmas  :D

Guest glossywhite

This is a shining example of poor product launch and bad marketing. Thankfully the device is cheap, and I'm happy with black (although purple was my preference), and I spend my time looking at the screen, not the casing :)

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Guess what GlossyWhite...?

The second Hudl has now turned up too.... ;) Finally, both Hudl's purchased have arrived... :)

1) Black one for my brother came last week, and as ya seen from Camera thread... has issues with Skype/Hangouts.. But it appears it's only in these Apps it has issues with... in stock App its fine.

2) Purple (no, you can't have mine....) has just arrived today.... So mum will be happy now. Charging it for the standard 3hrs... and then I'll get my grubby mitts on it, to set it up for her... (might get me hooked too it, but can I warrant another Android device in my room...?? lol)

Cheers, Lister

Guest glossywhite

Guess what GlossyWhite...?

The second Hudl has now turned up too.... ;) Finally, both Hudl's purchased have arrived... :)

1) Black one for my brother came last week, and as ya seen from Camera thread... has issues with Skype/Hangouts.. But it appears it's only in these Apps it has issues with... in stock App its fine.

2) Purple (no, you can't have mine....) has just arrived today.... So mum will be happy now. Charging it for the standard 3hrs... and then I'll get my grubby mitts on it, to set it up for her... (might get me hooked too it, but can I warrant another Android device in my room...?? lol)

Cheers, Lister

Hey Lister, that's great news! :D I know how long you have been eagerly anticipating them. Ah, you may keep your purple hudl :P

Guest quixers

Good luck getting even a black hudl now - I've just had an order on tesco direct cancelled a few hours later for no apparent reason.  Contacting support they are going to re-order it for me, but I suspect stock problems...

Guest glossywhite

Good luck getting even a black hudl now - I've just had an order on tesco direct cancelled a few hours later for no apparent reason.  Contacting support they are going to re-order it for me, but I suspect stock problems...

I take it you've done the obvious, and tried a physical store? I know that's an obvious question - just wanted to check. :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Yup tried tried the local tescos, no stock unfortunately

Whereabouts are you? I am sure I can locate one for you :) - inside info ;)

Edited by glossywhite