• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Android 4.4 Kit Kat

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hello guys and mainly KonstaT since this is inteded for you. It's what I would ask you over personal messages but there's no way to contact you.

Since Android 4.4 is releasing today, it brings better optimization for phones that have 512MB of RAM which means that our phone would perform better and be much smoother than it already is. Wanted to ask what are the chances that we're going to get Android 4.4 on our phones?

I saw that you posted that you're going to find new ways to continue with your hobby and that you're done with internet message boards which I'm very said to see.

Nonetheless, one big thank you for your work and don't let internet boards affect you as a person. There'll always be guys who are trying to dispute your work.

Regards

Posted (edited) · Report post

kitkat <3 if google optimization for 512mb device.. the new cyanogenmod are more fast and smooth as cm10 or more more more *_*

google playstore post the new nexus5 for 349€ its amazing **____** i want it i want it

and i want the new CM with 4.4 *_* the new launcher is beautiful

Edited by D4NY3L

Posted · Report post

They should, they will, It will!! As they mentioned it few months ago.. Google'll kept what they say!

Posted · Report post

Hello guys and mainly KonstaT since this is inteded for you. It's what I would ask you over personal messages but there's no way to contact you.

Since Android 4.4 is releasing today, it brings better optimization for phones that have 512MB of RAM which means that our phone would perform better and be much smoother than it already is. Wanted to ask what are the chances that we're going to get Android 4.4 on our phones?

I saw that you posted that you're going to find new ways to continue with your hobby and that you're done with internet message boards which I'm very said to see.

Nonetheless, one big thank you for your work and don't let internet boards affect you as a person. There'll always be guys who are trying to dispute your work.

Regards

Everything that you ever do in life affects you as a person, that is the human condition. I don't think it's that people are disputing his work (i am aware of no one that is) but rather that it's entirely unappreciated and that people in this forum cannot read or cannot comprehend even the simplest of instructions (i had to remove some things because of it).

I've looked through it and i don't see it as being optimized for 512MB, could you explain to me how it is? (code only)

It's certainly not for the faint of heart using QCOM stuff, only thing i see any optimizations for is tegra3 and i don't think there even is a phone using that chipset with 512MB's.

Would be nice if it was a native thing for older phones but it's absolutely not.

Posted · Report post

Android is the worst OS ever :( I don't expect anything special in 4.4 

Posted · Report post

Android is the worst OS ever :( I don't expect anything special in 4.4 

???? Please look at some statistics and do not troll the forum. You have right to your own opinion, but that is like you said that the Ferrari is the very bad car.

Don't be philosopher. :)

I really have no time to answer your question about optimization but you could search for news that comes with this version of OS and what Google is aiming for. Also, Google bought a company which is optimizing apps for Android. They're messing around with Dalvik cache and some other things. I'm not developer so I can't really tell you what are the changes on the optimization field but you can figure it out by googling.

I just wish that KonstaT would see this thread and answer if he has any plans on porting this ROM on our devices.

Edited by jakonicki93

Posted · Report post

Of course I'm going to do it. ;) Just not sure if I'm ever going to release it (it's months away anyway).

post-834050-0-58656100-1383339936_thumb.

Posted · Report post

Wow, nice :)

Okay man, do what you got to do. Maybe one day we'll see it on our phones too.

Posted · Report post

KonstaT if your want I could try to help you :-)

Posted · Report post

Of course I'm going to do it. ;) Just not sure if I'm ever going to release it (it's months away anyway).

attachicon.gifscreenshot.png

Wow :)

Posted · Report post

Cant wait to see this done  :wub:. Thanks for all the work you have done for our phones.

Posted · Report post

KonstaT this is amazing,you are incredibly fast,keep up

Posted · Report post

@Konstat
Pls make it for Blade 1 users :(

Thanks for the great work on zte blade... Nice rom n wish u a happy birthday in advance all the way from kenya with my pals here... We appreciate your work, we still use this phone here since its good value for money n ua roms make it more bearable.. :P  :P

Edited by spiklex

Posted · Report post

OMG why can't ZTE do anything ? At least the kernel 3.8 or something :D It would make the device a lot faster ... Too bad for my first smartphone... KonstaT is the only single person supporting Blade 3 ... What are ZTE devs doing srsly ? :D Kitkat may be quite good performance wise...There is no cyanogemod based on android 4.4 yet .. KonstaT, you seem to be faster than CM team :D nice job

Posted · Report post

so how is the developing going?

Posted · Report post

OMG why can't ZTE do anything ? At least the kernel 3.8 or something :D It would make the device a lot faster ... Too bad for my first smartphone... KonstaT is the only single person supporting Blade 3 ... What are ZTE devs doing srsly ? :D Kitkat may be quite good performance wise...There is no cyanogemod based on android 4.4 yet .. KonstaT, you seem to be faster than CM team :D nice job

I have a same feelings for you plantroon, but there are only very few devs who are very smart like KonstaT that are willing to develop Roms for us for free. :D Companies are also abandoning sources and unwilling to develop them cause it will incur a lot of money for them... All we can do is to say thank you to devs or donate to them or help them develop or cheer them up!!! :D B)

Posted · Report post

I have a same feelings for you plantroon, but there are only very few devs who are very smart like KonstaT that are willing to develop Roms for us for free. :D Companies are also abandoning sources and unwilling to develop them cause it will incur a lot of money for them... All we can do is to say thank you to devs or donate to them or help them develop or cheer them up!!! :D B)

I got Blade 3 because it was the cheapest device in my country :D I went for the cheapest one .. why? the answer is simple, got no money :(( donating any bigger amount of money to devs in case of Blade devices would be paying more for the software than for the hardware lol :D 

Posted · Report post

you know guys you can buy fast device as motoG for 135EUR now?

Posted · Report post

I believe that most of us got this phone for free on the lowest contract,at least I did,but yea ,your right about that.

Posted · Report post

but no kitkat, that was my point :) besides that i have optimus one and only thing that i can say is: never again phone from wash machine maker ;)

Posted · Report post

git repository at least ,maybe?