[Requesting] Android 4.4 Kitkat

Guest zsolt64555

Guest nirmalbalaji

We can't expect it any time sooner. We need a source code from CyanogenMod to port it for Y300/G510 which is not an easy task. We still don't have a Stable CM 10.2 ROM for our devices. Of course even the official CM 10.2 builds are still "Nightly" at the moment.

Here is the official statement from CyanogenMod team about Android 4.4 KitKat and its availability:

Android 4.4 Source

Source is now being pushed to the AOSP trees. Of course, when it is all there we will begin the process of figuring out what changed, needs work, and/or is no longer feasible or needed.

**We are not in a rush to get 4.4 builds out.**

We are going to continue the process of working on CM 10.2 M1 - getting that out the door and onto your devices. Further, we will 'finish' the 10.2 code base, similar to what we did with 10.1.

As a friendly reminder, please don't flood us with requests for 4.4 - we all want new and shiny things, but we will not do so at the expense of abandoning the hard work our contributors have put into 10.2.

Final note, a lot of folks are reading into the "512mb" item on the release notes. No, this does not mean a sudden resurrection of older hardware, there are dependencies beyond the RAM (and CM has enforced that minimum since ICS).

**Please note, it is too soon to tell if/what devices will be updated and which will not. Thanks for not asking **

Guest MadHatterRyu

sorry to break this to you guys but 4.4 isnt really THAT big of an update... I know the memory management is a nice feature but honestly, google is worse than apple in terms of what they bring to the table for front feature

Guest reedo_17

Happening intensifies. :)

Sorry about the zero chatter, I've been busy sorting out some real life stuff. Thought I should get that out of the way before 4.4, and hey look what happened today. :P

I'm probably just going to go straight in to KitKat. I don't really see any reason for this to coexist if we have a good damage report.

Guest rymate1234

We can't expect it any time sooner. We need a source code from CyanogenMod to port it for Y300/G510 which is not an easy task. We still don't have a Stable CM 10.2 ROM for our devices. Of course even the official CM 10.2 builds are still "Nightly" at the moment.

Here is the official statement from CyanogenMod team about Android 4.4 KitKat and its availability:

Android 4.4 Source

Source is now being pushed to the AOSP trees. Of course, when it is all there we will begin the process of figuring out what changed, needs work, and/or is no longer feasible or needed.

**We are not in a rush to get 4.4 builds out.**

We are going to continue the process of working on CM 10.2 M1 - getting that out the door and onto your devices. Further, we will 'finish' the 10.2 code base, similar to what we did with 10.1.

As a friendly reminder, please don't flood us with requests for 4.4 - we all want new and shiny things, but we will not do so at the expense of abandoning the hard work our contributors have put into 10.2.

Final note, a lot of folks are reading into the "512mb" item on the release notes. No, this does not mean a sudden resurrection of older hardware, there are dependencies beyond the RAM (and CM has enforced that minimum since ICS).

**Please note, it is too soon to tell if/what devices will be updated and which will not. Thanks for not asking **

We need CyanogenMod? 

Guest rymate1234

No, for nexus 4 have arleady done an aosp 4.4 without cyanogenmod

Daz said No :P and he has started working on kitkat

guys it was a rhetorical question - i know we don't need cm

Guest infernape763

asis_92 dark nightmare and I 're compiling 4.4 since yesterday and has not build any fault, we will now see the bugs in the ROM when you go to test

(translate google)

original

Asis_92 Dark nightmare y yo estamos compilando 4.4 desde ayer y la build no ha dado ningun fallo, ahora veremos los bugs de la ROM cuando lo vayamos a testear

mas tarde paso capturas de la compilacion

Guest MadHatterRyu

would you guys calm down? hes barely got the display working.. NOTHING else.. literally.. and seriously.. there isnt a HUGE leap from JB to KK