KitKat

Guest nxkealen

HI, guys on czech android forum (http://androidforum.cz/topic49855.html) tried this ROM. I´m waiting for finish of download.

Their experiences:

Video record dont work

Browser dont work As rado9 says, browser works, but there are scrolling lags.

Notification bar is not transparent but black

After boot there is about 200Mb free RAM

Some settings is missing

Can´t choose default storage (sd card/inside)

Its very fast, youtube videos in HQ without any lags

You must use CWM 6.0.4 R7(http://g300.thebronasium.com/recovery/recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-u8815-R7.zip) or newer, TWRP is not working

Edited by Guest

Okay, this ROM is very, very good. And it is just experimental version! It´s pretty smooth and fast, like gingerbread. ICS is slower then this. Whoa! So now just repair problems with camera, status bar, and browser, and everything will be ok ;). Big thanks Dazz!

EDIT: Not so good :D But it is just experimental, still good job .

Edited by Guest

Okay, let´s create buglist and feature list, I will add bugs and features to this post.

Buglist:

• Video recording is not working
  • Browser working, but very buggy. Someone have scrolling lag, I have keyboard lag in browser.
  • Notification bar is not transparent
  • Some (especially launcher settings) settings is missing
  • Can´t choose default storage
  • RIL not works
  • Apps in external storage will dissappear after reboot
  • Titanium Backup is not working properly

Features:

• Very smooth and fast (like GB, faster than ICS)
  • Camera is fast, not like CM 10.1/10.2
  • New launcher from KitKat (Here it is called Launcher3)
  • No overclocking
  • No power widgets, just tiles
  • Simple 5x5 menu without widget section
  • After boot, there is about 200Mb free RAM
Edited by Guest

Guest S4crifice

Well, about the smooth ... I just think that every 100% new installation is smooth (except Baidu :D) - you can talk about smoothness in 5-7 days ... But its good to know that it seems fast in future ;)

Guest Meglestus

my phone was broken after kit kat instalation. does anybody has the same problem?

I have, I am trying to fix it, its 11 pm here so it wont be today probably, ill post fix if I find one

Guest Meglestus

Hhhmm, I think it could be a wrong instal or something like that, I don't know programming, I just am trying to find a way to get it to work :)

All dem people say its sweet and we just sitting here without it...

Guest baboonuk

I had the same problem - no launcher installed when ROM installed. A wipe/re-install fixed it for me. The only thing I can think of that I did differently was that when it worked, I connected to wifi during setup, whereas when it didn't, I didn't. Not sure if/why that would make a difference but give it a go.

The only other problem I've encountered (apart from the known issues listed above) is that any apps installed on external memory disappear on reboot. But it's a super ROM.

Guest baboonuk

In fact I've had 4 installs of the 4.4 ROM, two with wifi and two without. Both times with wifi worked fine, both times without didn't. Go figure.

I had a number of crashes/hangs/reboots with my first install, but none so far with the second successful install. Fingers crossed, although I guess it's experimental so can't expect stability.

Guest Meglestus

Hmmm, I installed it for the 12th time now, it still is broken, even without the wifi.... I managed to get to play store with wifi though, wanted to install nova launcher but I couldn't, it just kept loading..... Coul someone with the same problems react and help solving?

Guest Meglestus

WELL I FIXED IT!!!

I still had a backup from previous roms, installed it and started phone, nothing happened (stayed in boot screen), went to recovery mode, installed the rom and gapps (NO RESETS OR ANYTHING), started phone and voila! it made 2 apps compatible and it worked!

my god, this ROM is amazing!

try it out yourself, everything works so much faster than ics/jb roms. switching between recent apps is actually doable now, cause 3-4 last used apps really stay in cache.
of course it is a bit raw and rough, but it shows just how much potential this ROM has. awesome!

on the camera: downside is, it takes quite blurry pictures.

but the camera has never been so snappy, you get an instant preview of the picture taken, the filmstrip view is finally snappy etc.

just awesome!

huge thanks to all of the devs!

EDIT: just a heads up, my phone crashed when I tried to install google search. not gonna try again.

Edited by supdup

Guest nomaximux

my god, this ROM is amazing!

try it out yourself, everything works so much faster than ics/jb roms. switching between recent apps is actually doable now, cause 3-4 last used apps really stay in cache.

of course it is a bit raw and rough, but it shows just how much potential this ROM has. awesome!

on the camera: downside is, it takes quite blurry pictures.

but the camera has never been so snappy, you get an instant preview of the picture taken, the filmstrip view is finally snappy etc.

just awesome!

huge thanks to all of the devs!

EDIT: just a heads up, my phone crashed when I tried to install google search. not gonna try again.

so true! i just have to add... if this is JUST EXPERIMETAL, what about the final version!!!!! ???? lol i dont wnat to know! amazing job!

about google serach i had no problems! yet!

To bad it has few options... but even so... good job!

Edited by nomaximux

Okay, everybody who has problem with no launcher after instalation. I had the same problem.

Here is the solution:

1. Restore or install some other rom
  2. Boot phone wit this other rom
  3. Go to recovery, wipe all/factory reset
  4. Install 4.4 ROM
  5. Instal GAPPS (4.4!!!)
  6. It is working now :)

And i have new bug, which is very annoying. If I move some apps to external storage (sd card) or when I restore them using Titanium Backub to external storage, after reboot all applications which were in external storage are missing. Dont know how to fix it, it makes this rom unusable for me. And there are one more bug. TItanium Backup does not work properly on this ROM. Restoring freezes, and all work with this app is slow and bad.

Guest Meglestus

Helium works perfect for me. (instead of Titanium Backup).

I will try to find a fix for the micro sd glitch, probably wont because I don't have it, ill share my ideas here.