Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[AOSPA:Android4.3.1] Paranoid 3.99 RC2

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

make a bug list after trying the rom out! I am on CM 10.2! Don't wanna switch if it has any major bugs!

Posted · Report post

make a bug list after trying the rom out! I am on CM 10.2! Don't wanna switch if it has any major bugs!

+1 do u guys think it's any better than cm10.2 ?

Posted · Report post

+1 do u guys think it's any better than cm10.2 ?

I found it a little "heavy" and bloated - too much stuff on it that I don't want/need - the gapps package has loads of stuff I dont want and had to remove, I don't want halo or pie (that's what the buttons are for) and the tiny font in the settings is just irritating. There is no option to display battery percent in the status bar except for using the circle display, which isn;t compatible with most themes. Had one reboot during installation but nothing since - but it just didnt feel smooth or quick.

Posted · Report post

I found it a little "heavy" and bloated - too much stuff on it that I don't want/need - the gapps package has loads of stuff I dont want and had to remove, I don't want halo or pie (that's what the buttons are for) and the tiny font in the settings is just irritating. There is no option to display battery percent in the status bar except for using the circle display, which isn;t compatible with most themes. Had one reboot during installation but nothing since - but it just didnt feel smooth or quick.

thanks for quick response, ok then i just stick with my cm10.2 :P i'm loving it, very smooth and stable aside from video playing

Posted · Report post

Is anyone having problems with GPS on this rom? I can't get GPS to turn on.

Posted · Report post

I agree also the keyboard was constantly crashing so couldn't sign in (or anything else) and i couldn't find any kind of file manager.

Shame because i would have liked to play with it a while, may try again when I've got more time.

Posted · Report post

Yes i flashed back my back-up because i couldn`t import my .vcf contacts from sd-card. I`ve seen a few roms that have this and i don`t know why but usually i just open the .vcf from the file manager and it works but i couldn`t here because there`s no file manager and i never keep spare apps on the phone and i don`t use any of gapps because they are just to heavy on the system for the 1-2 times that i need to access google play. 

Posted · Report post

Do we have to use the pa-gapps, 200mb and i only want play store. Can we use any 4.3 gapps I'm sure theres a slim one somewhere.

Posted · Report post

I used the 4.3 slim gapps and it works just fine

Posted · Report post

I used the 4.3 slim gapps and it works just fine

Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Less control choice more simplified but give other things more choice like tangerinetractor said

Posted · Report post

Amazing ROM ain't it love tablet mode best ROM out at minute

I will have to try any reboots ? And how's performance/gaming

Posted (edited) · Report post

I will have to try any reboots ? And how's performance/gaming

It was good on both for a while but got really laggy after couple of days

What's jelly beer like you tried it

Edited by kripticmc

Posted · Report post

It was good on both for a while but got really laggy after couple of days

Oh shame I was gonna download and try so far it seems anything other than CM seems to have issues like PAC and paranoid

I changed ROM on my y300, I left cm 10.2 and I installed this ROM. It's my first paranoid experience infact I have a question: is it possible resize the floating window( the halo popup)? Sorry for my bad English

Edited by lucap00

Posted · Report post

Back button and Menu button doesn't work for me :\

Back button and Menu button doesn't work for me :\
They work great on mine. Test to use navigation bar on screen. Anyway, someone gas an answer at my question? Edited by lucap00

Damn fast with Nova. So sad, the youtube videos are pixelated....... :(

Edit : my voice echoing during the phone call...

Edited by Sigray

Posted · Report post

wew To complete the installion and to make Halo work you'll need to install pa_gapps, and after installing there is NO WIFI OR BLUETOOTH, but the Paranoid ROM works well ALONE no bugs but after upgrading and installing the pa_gapps(to many bugs) made it worst? LOL anyways here are the other links to the roms dnt know if this is the source

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1794562

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2413543

Posted · Report post

how can you hide soft keys in tablet mode?

Posted · Report post

so which pa gapps should I install to have halo, wifi and bluetooth full working?