Battery Issue

Guest Gibson.1

Guest Gibson.1

Anyone else having this issue with the battery?

The large drop is the phone telling me its at 0% and turning off. Sometimes it does this at 20%, sometimes higher, sometimes not at all.post-993139-13839282740762_thumb.jpg

Guest dt_matthews

my battery completely died after just a few months, phone has been a bookstop since then as orange refuse to do anything and the only place I can supposedly get a new battery looks decidedly dodgy...

utterly frustrating

Guest Gibson.1

my battery completely died after just a few months, phone has been a bookstop since then as orange refuse to do anything and the only place I can supposedly get a new battery looks decidedly dodgy...

utterly frustrating

They won't take it under warranty? I've not really had to deal with orange as I've been lucky, but from other peoples experiences I'll be staying far away when I replace my OSD with my next phone. Just wondering what's going on with this battery as sometimes it drains fully down so I don't think the capacity is degrading.

Guest BlueMoonRising

You could try one of the battery checker apps to see if anything is using the battery in an extreme way but that drop off is quite startling.

Guest Gibson.1

You could try one of the battery checker apps to see if anything is using the battery in an extreme way but that drop off is quite startling.

Whenever it happens, when I put it in to charge when it comes on it will say however much charge it had before it turned off e.g. 26% so the phone knows its not at 0%, the battery hasn't actually been used by anything and the battery can drain right down to 0% sometimes so I don't think the capacity has diminished, I was wondering if it could maybe be a software issue? Is this the kind of thing re-installing the xolo update might fix?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Since you mention the Xolo rom I'm guessing you're rooted? In which case try one of the battery apps which can reset the batterystats.bin file.

I suppose re-installing the Xolo rom would do the same but an app will be a lot quicker.

Guest Gibson.1

Since you mention the Xolo rom I'm guessing you're rooted? In which case try one of the battery apps which can reset the batterystats.bin file.

I suppose re-installing the Xolo rom would do the same but an app will be a lot quicker.

Yeah, I've already used a battery calibration app but it didn't do anything, I'll try a fresh install of the xolo rom and see if that helps

• 2 months later...