Pimp My Rom Beta Tweaks for CM10.2 [DISCONTINUED]

Guest danny19901

Guest danny19901

DISCONTINUED NO LONGER HAVE Y300 SENT OFF TO @TILLAZ

These tweaks I have tested for a while now and my device seems to be a hell of a lot better but please note if you do try these tweaks you do so at own risk and please don't hold me responsible as these tweaks can't or shouldn't do massive damage to your device that would cause device to be bricked if you get bootloop go in recovery and reflash if you want to try again do so but like I say I have been using a while and reboots. OK first off these tweaks i have only tested on @Dazzozo CM10.2 The following tweaks have boosted my performance and battery life also i have had no reboots You will need Pimp My Rom Beta from Playstore.   ok first set of tweaks done are in Pimp My CPU CPU Control max is 1008MHz - Min is 320MHz Governor = Ondemand IO Scehuler = ROW When done have set on boot then access Kernel Tweaks then when entered you shall see CPU Governors Tweaks Tick Ondemand Check Box I/O Schedulers Tick both I/O Stats and Scheduler Sysctl Tweaks Then Disable Vsync as you will get better FPS (Frames Per Second)   Android Features   Everything turned on except 16-Bit Transparency and Lock Launcher in Memory   Telephony   Everything left as is but turned AMR Wideband on   Screen & Display   Everything Left as is but boosted SurfaceFlinger Minimum Velocity to 9800 Maximum Velocity to 10000   Miscellaneous Tweaks   Everything on   when done go back until you hit Pimp My Rom Main Menu and should be in tools go down to Entropy Generator and go in to Entropy Generator then Set On Boot On Then Leave everything as is then go to the bottom and press Detect Average Value on both Random Read Wakeup Threshold and on Detect Average Value for Random Write Wakeup Threshold   When done head back to main menu then head to tweaks   Enter Network & Internet   Put Wifi Scan Interval full (400 seconds) TCP Congestion Algorithm as Cubic Tick Faster Media Streaming Tick Faster DNS Tick Enable HSUPA for Internet Security Tick IPv4 Tweaks All these make internet a hell of a lot faster i have seen a big difference in media streaming also a little off topic a sec but i have an amazing app i will share for you movie lovers :)   Multitasking   OOM groupings = Low Minfree Values = Low zRam Compression = 128mb Tick Adjust the Kernel's Behavior tick Adjust the Dalvik VM's Behavior   Dalvik VM   Leave as is but turn JIT on   Apps & Mods   I haven't used any of them except bravia just turn on and press install   Beats last time i tried broke audio completely Xloud and Clearbass caused distortion   OK thats everything i will re edit soon and put screenshots up if need any help just let me know and i will try hardest to help.    Also Sorry if spelling mistakes or bad punctuation and Grammer. Movie app really good Video Mix Pro https://db.tt/KsPMPrpI

Edited by danny19901

Guest Tawsifp

Sounds good. Is it safe? I think you should add a warning at the beginning of your post to say that the phone may mess up and its not your responsibility if it does. Do it at your own eisk

Guest fartfire

I really want to try this but I don't want to brick my only phone. I'm just looking for fast low ram ROM... surfing through the forum and found plenty. Need to catch [try] them all.

Edited by fartfire

Guest danny19901

Sounds good. Is it safe? I think you should add a warning at the beginning of your post to say that the phone may mess up and its not your responsibility if it does. Do it at your own eisk

OK will do cheers and been using for a while no reboots yet even with heavy useage

Guest danny19901

thank you ... one last question ... do you really know this tweaks? i mean do you know what you have set or have you tried them blindly?

I know mostly what they do I just tried to keep thread a little short I didn't want to go in to much detail as it took me a while to type up and doing it all on my phone was a little stressful but like I say I have been using a while and no problems and I have Y300-0100 :) also since thread a little boring I'm gonna upload a app for movie lovers watch any movie, TV series for free :)

Guest danny19901

Also soon I may I try and get Ubuntu or other Linux and may try and build CM :) this is a maybe but I will see how things work out I may start on stock B197 Base then go on to CM

Guest danny19901

in this case good luck ... but it's absolutely not easy

Cheers I have a little experience but I want to make a stockish based ROM with tweaks and debloated then if it goes OK I will work CM or try port Super nexus ROM very stable but cm without all the features pretty much pure AOSP

Guest danny19901

another question ... entropy generator ... i haven't got what it does and if it is necessary for these tweaks

Reduces lag its not necessary but less lag is good to have

Also here's that movie app

https://db.tt/KsPMPrpI its awesome I will put link in thread and will put link for pimp my ROM beta

Guest kripticmc

Now try it with init d on an normal reboot from settings not hot reboot an its not all good just pressing install does not add bravia engine ether

Edited by kripticmc

Guest danny19901

Now try it with init d on an normal reboot from settings not hot reboot an its not all good just pressing install does not add bravia engine ether

I will try but everything seems to be smooth without init'd as I think kernel for CM10.2 already supports init'd

Guest danny19901

Also check your build prop the settings it applies are totally different from the ones you choose

I turned init'd and done a full reboot and seems good also I will check build prop

Guest kripticmc

Checked my build prop tweaks are there on my build prop

They are there but some values are different an when you said ceastel kernel frose was you using pimp my rom

Guest danny19901

They are there but some values are different an when you said ceastel kernel frose was you using pimp my rom

Ceastel kernel froze my phone without tweaks from pimp my ROM also all values are what I put in