Y300 with Firefox OS by Telefonica Venezuela

Guest Romagnolo1973

Guest infernape763

Why port Firefox OS when Huawei will do it for you? :P

Dazz I'm in charge of compiling g510/Y300 Firefox OS for when I get my new pc ready and finish with my other ROMS xD

Dazz I'm in charge of compiling g510/Y300 Firefox OS for when I get my new pc ready and finish with my other ROMS xD

Wow...You guys are counting down every single ROMs :wub: ...it's really only imaginable for guys like me...

Simply wow.....thanks alot.. :wub:

Guest jimbobvfr400

So potentially there might be an official FFOS for our phone, even if it won't flash directly surely it might help, even Android ROMS seem to be better at the moment if they're based on stock rather than AOSP/Cm.

Personally I'm not sure FFOS is for me but I'd prove to give it a go.

If this can help me wean myself off Google then I'm going to give it a damn good go. I'm sure it'll be hard to adjust, but with the way Google is going it's probably worth it

Guest ragan_y

// I just checked - there is clone with windows. Its called huawei w1. From what I saw its has almost same spec and back cover. We only need some magician to make it work on our device ;)

Guest ragan_y

Thanks fonz. So w1 is only pretty close with visual style. Really if there would be some clone with windows our phone could be really popular for dev. But I also would be happy to try Firefox os.

Guest Romagnolo1973

Ascenf W1 is sell in Italy (Italians like windows phone more than in others country) and is a complete different phone, but this Firefox phone is a twin of our Y300

Guest Ducsidu

Thanks fonz. So w1 is only pretty close with visual style. Really if there would be some clone with windows our phone could be really popular for dev. But I also would be happy to try Firefox os.

It's not possible to run WP on the phone, because the systen does not support the Y300's SoC.

why??

My reason is that I'm trying to wean myself from Google for various reasons. FIrefox OS is the only Android alternative I trust, but till now it's always been on really crappy hardware

Guest EndruBoy1

My reason is that I'm trying to wean myself from Google for various reasons. FIrefox OS is the only Android alternative I trust, but till now it's always been on really crappy hardware

Or buy Nokia 3310 :D. Sorry couldn't resist.

Guest jimbobvfr400

why??

For me it's curiosity more than anything else.

The other thing is I also have a Nexus 7 so my phone needs are relatively basic, if FFOS is smooth and does what I need it's got to be worth trying, the reviews of the ZTE phone I've read seem to suggest it's a decent experience on much worse hardware than the Y300 so it could be perfect for me.

My requirements are:

Phone Calls

Email

Texts and messaging

Basic Internet

Tethering for my Nexus

• 4 months later...