Audio Port Issue

Guest Zephyr101198

Guest Zephyr101198

For some reason yesterday the audio port on my San Diego developed an issue. Now when you plug headphones in the sound is much fainter and distorted, but if you twist the headphones a bit it will go back to normal, until the headphones are shifted out of position. Which makes walking and listening to music a lot harder. I'd had this happen to headphones before, but it was an issue with the headphones, but this happens with any headphones I plug in so it looks like an issue with the phone. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone have an idea of how to fix it?

Guest BlueMoonRising

You'd need to pop off the back and check the connection to the headphone socket. Can't say I've ever heard of anyone having trouble with it before.

I was trying to have a look at it on http://www.chipworks.com/en/technical-competitive-analysis/resources/blog/inside-the-lava-xolo-intel-penwell-inside/ but their site seems a bit iffy at the moment.

Guest Zephyr101198

I did that, and it does appear to have been a faulty connection. There was a silvery piece of metal on the right of the audio port which, when pressed, made the sound stop being distorted, so that seemed to be the problem. I think it may have been pushed away from the port a bit, because when I put some metal between it and the port it worked, so I just cut off the end of a staple, put it in, and screwed it back together. It seems to work fine now, so thanks for the advice

Guest BlueMoonRising

I did that, and it does appear to have been a faulty connection. There was a silvery piece of metal on the right of the audio port which, when pressed, made the sound stop being distorted, so that seemed to be the problem. I think it may have been pushed away from the port a bit, because when I put some metal between it and the port it worked, so I just cut off the end of a staple, put it in, and screwed it back together. It seems to work fine now, so thanks for the advice

Lol, the OSD /X900 has turned into the Heath Robinson phone of the mobile world.

I must admit that the build quality of the phone when you pop off the back is shoddy to say the least. Most of the soldering looks like it was done by hand and that by an unskilled amateur. Oh well, we live and learn.