I Can't install update.app

Guest danroba

Guest danroba

Thanks for read this post...

I can't install the 'update.app' file on 'dload' folder that i have on microSD card. The 'pink' progress bar load to middle process but freez and then show me a message 'update failed'

The firmware i'm using is: V100R001C00B952-Normal

And i want to install: V100R001C40B942-Mexico.Movistar

I hope anyone can help me to install it...

I need this firmware because that i had before i install tha 'B952' :(

Thanks

Are you sure that you are putting /dload/update.app on your external sdcard? Some people don't do this correctly - e.g. copy the zip itself, don't create the /dload folder etc.

Are you sure that the download is intact and not corrupted?

Have you tried a forced update:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/?p=2128104

If none of the above works then you may need to flash a "middle package" before the ultimate update.app that you want. There are several of these for different purposes/transitions. Search the forum for more on this.

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Guest danroba

Are you sure that you are putting /dload/update.app on your external sdcard? Some people don't do this correctly - e.g. copy the zip itself, don't create the /dload folder etc.

Are you sure that the download is intact and not corrupted?

Have you tried a forced update:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/?p=2128104

If none of the above works then you may need to flash a "middle package" before the ultimate update.app that you want. There are several of these for different purposes/transitions. Search the forum for more on this.

Hope this helps.

Well, i attempted install the 'update' file (1kb)... but, install failed again...

Now show the bar progress on 'installing' but stopped and show 'update failed'.

I check the 'dload' folder on micro sd and i see a 'txt' file that show the follow message:

"filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xd2000000, len_tmp=0x6000"

What means? What can i do?... thanks

Guest penthaler

If you really want to update to B952, you have to zero your imei, because the update is region restricted and depends on your IMEI. Read carefully all manuals here and you will gain what you need

As I said above - there are multiple "middle" packages and you may have to try different ones to get from where you are (which is what ROM?) to something like stock ICS B952.

If the force update does not work then going via a suitable middle package probably will but it may take some searching and experimentation.

I would not recommend the IMEI zeroization route myself.

Guest danroba

As I said above - there are multiple "middle" packages and you may have to try different ones to get from where you are (which is what ROM?) to something like stock ICS B952.

If the force update does not work then going via a suitable middle package probably will but it may take some searching and experimentation.

I would not recommend the IMEI zeroization route myself.

Where can i get the "middle packages"? i saw only one over this link (http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/?p=2128104) and not work...

I repeat... my original firmware is "V100R001C40B942_Mexico-Movistar_05011FRD", but i installed the world wide huawei firmware "V100R001C00B952,General Version"... now i want to return to my original firmware but i can't :( (barr progress stopped and say "update failed)

Where can i get the "middle packages"?

If you search the forum you will find several.

If the site search doesn't work then Google "modaco g300 middle package" or something like that.

You may have to try different middle packages.

There are different ones for different purposes.

You can use Huawei upgrade tool (window tool). Good Luck!

Where does that come from?

Are there any links to discussion or instructions for it?

No offence but I would be wary of this until it is established as genuine.

I never heard of a PC based flashing tool from Huawei before on this forum and if it was widely known and known to be good I would have expected it to be mentioned here before now.

Guest danroba

Well i have tried 'all possible things' but i'm not lucky for solve my problem... with middle packages, force update, etc... nothing work for me.

Thanks to all for replies.

Guest penthaler

There is no middle package to update from yours build to B952. And as I told before, the only way is to zero your imei (backup before zeroing)... No one recommend it, but if there is no way, you have to do it.

I got the same problem, but not anymore, because I dont want to use stock ICS or any stock ROM. (all of them really suxxxs and are laggy more than custom ones)

Do not use 5irom, use the PC one to zero it...