Picture Quality

Guest Sebastian404

Guest TescoHudl

They don't look too bad in my opinion, but it would've been nice if they'd added a slightly better camera to the phone. I really wanted to use the Moto G as a video camera for my Youtube videos, but by the looks of it, it only records in 720p... What a shame. :(

Guest MrPuddington

They don't look too bad in my opinion, but it would've been nice if they'd added a slightly better camera to the phone. I really wanted to use the Moto G as a video camera for my Youtube videos, but by the looks of it, it only records in 720p... What a shame. :(

The camera seems to be the key problem with any cheap phone. The Orange San Diego can record Ful HD (fast CPU), but it is quite terrible in terms of noise. 

Guest h@mster81

Hi Seb,

Sorry for bothering you with such silly things but missus just spotted the marzipans on my screen and she would like to know where those picture were taken as she loves marzipan. :) :) :) (I'm not joking)

BTW I can't wait your custom ROMs! My daughter still uses my old San Fran and I have really good memories installing ROMs every weekend. :)

Many thanks,

Alex

Guest Sebastian404

Sorry for bothering you with such silly things but missus just spotted the marzipans on my screen and she would like to know where those picture were taken as she loves marzipan. :) :) :) (I'm not joking)

It was a stall at the Hyde Park WinterWonderland..

http://www.hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/

They had a loads of different types.  I'm not sure I'd recommend a trip there, most things where hugely overpriced (even by London standards),  I saw they where selling churros for 5UKP..  about 3 weeks ago I paid 2USD for one in NYC and felt ripped off..

Guest h@mster81

Cheers mate. Winter Wonderland is a rip off but both wife and daughter will enjoy a day in London provided it's not freezing. :)

Thank you again.

Btw can we expect any ROMs from you?

Guest TescoHudl

I do a lot of photography in my spare time, usually at car shows. Normally i'll use a Canon 650d DSLR camera. Spotted a Lamborghini Aventador this afternoon in my local town, so i took some photos on the Moto G as that was all i had on me. As you can see, the photos aren't great, but it was really dark at the time; much darker than how it looks in the photos.

g6toXYV.jpgNenXIJZ.jpgLfEjEsW.jpgKGCuyrY.jpg60lfo3s.jpgAdsUUK0.jpgSaWFz45.jpg

Guest Sebastian404

Btw can we expect any ROMs from you?

Probably not, Paul and others seem to have the root/recovery end of things sorted, there's not really that much in the way of customization that needs removing from the stock image.. I've got my own device where I have made it more like my Nexus4 in terms of installed software, but thats about it..

Plus I'm hella busy at work on a (secret) android based project so I'm not sure I've got much time to devote to messing about with personal projects of late.

Oh also, my wife has stolen my Moto G now after she left her phone in London, so until I talk sweet talk it back off her, not likely :)