• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Help to root, bootloader and others

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all, I'm here because I want to help my friend to install a rom custom in his device.(Huawei U8815) And sorry I don't speak very well english ^^ I have a Sony Xperia SP so I know many things about, root, rom custom and bootloader but I'm a nooby in a Huawei so I need your help :) To begin, I recommend him to install Ice Cream Sandwich so he follows this: http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/check-and-update-your-baseband/   He had the 109808 baseband and now he has the  B952 update. He root his device with this tutorial: http://www.modaco.com/topic/353386-how-to-root-your-huawei-ascend-g300-for-windows-mac-and-linux/   Now, the problem is that when he call someone, the phone freeze so I want to reinstall the firmware without root but I don't see any link to explain that. I see how to update and downgrade but not how to reinstall so I ask you how to reinstall a firmware. I think that we need to follow the same link here http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/check-and-update-your-baseband/ But I don't want to brick his device so I prefer to ask you :). And I see that it's better to unlock officially the bootloader so we are waiting the unlock code.   Thanks you in advance for you help and sorry again for the bad english ^^  

Edited by Shinsuu

Posted

Posted

Thanks you :)

We will try that and send you feedbacks.

Posted (edited)

Detecting phone : selection :

manufacturer - Huawei phones model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found Applications port COM7 Found Diagnostics port COM6

Model : Huawei Ascend G series

IMEI : 86122xxx

Wi-Fi MAC : 88:53:Dxx

BlueTooth MAC : 88:53:Dxx

Voice feature : unknown(read failed)

SIM Lock status : unlocked

It doesn't show me the unlock code, I install the drivers.

Edit: Huawei send him the code so it's nothing now

Edit 2: All works, thanks you a lot :)

Edited by Shinsuu