Smoothest ROM

Guest kompot

Hi guys,

It's my first post here, I don't know much about  rooting, custom roms etc. so please be considerate :) I just got bored of my stock rom, slow working G300 (having it for a year and sth) and I'm looking for the best way to improve it's speed and general performance. Could you advice me as which ROM should I choose?

I've seen I can find all the tutorials on how to root, install custom ROM etc. here, now I just need to know what should I install. I'd be grateful for your help here.

EDIT: If it's of any help, I'm not really using my G300 for games, mostly browsing internet, occasional youtube and photos.

Cheers!

Edited by kompot

Guest DarioGTI

I am very satisfied with GB Slim v7. I'm using that ROM for 3+ months. I just like the simplicity of GB.

If your job or something else not depends on that phone, try a few ROMs. Have them installed for a week or two, just to see if you are OK with them (RAM, maybe lags, will you get used to it...).

If you don't like the stock GB launcher (I hate it) - try some custom launchers like GoLauncher, Holo Launcher...

On this forum you can find everything about the G300, just search ;)

Guest between3and26characters

If you're going for Android 4.1 and up I would say that 4.3 is the smoothest. I don't really have much experience when it comes to 2.3 or 4.0 ROMs (I've been using Android since 2.1, not on this phone though) because I always want to be running the latest version of Android available for my device  :D  Also there is a KitKat (4.4) ROM available for this device but it's not exactly the smoothest or the most stable ROM out there (It's still usable daily, at least in my use).

If you decide to try 4.3 (or the experimental version of KitKat) or any ROM with a 3.4 kernel make sure your device doesn't have Hynix memory because I've heard that if you install a ROM with the  3.4 kernel on to those devices it will brick them...

e: Even though I don't mind, some people get mad when you post these kinds of threads in to the development area (I suppose they have every right to do so, as there are sections specifically made for these kinds of questions)   ;)

Edited by between3and26characters

Thank you guys! I guess I'll first check my memmory version, if it's not hynix, hopefully I'll go with 4.3 (I like being as much up to date as I can too :P), if it is though, I'll try GB Slim.

Thanks again!

Smoothest ROM

The latest variant on the "which is the best ROM" theme...  :wacko:

Anyway - in my experience it's GB but I haven't used a lot of the latest stuff like CM10.2 etc.

I'm on superslim right now but soon to try CM7.

Hey! 

Just to finish here, I've finally decided to downgrade to GB and install superslim. Exactly as you were saying, it's really fast and smooth, no lags anymore (on my stock ICS facebook was turning off each time i've tried to open notifications :) ) Thanks again!

Guest Meglestus

Hey man, I have used many roms now (although my signature doesn't say so) 

There are a couple of roms I could advice you;

Electra ROM by Kyan (keep in mind it is not very up to date because kyan was having computer problems)

PAC milestone ROM by jordilopez94 (It's very stable but needs some overclocking to work smoother)

READ EVERYTHING BELOW HERE PLZ!

Android 4.4 Kitkat by Dazozo  (I think this is the best ROM out there even though it's in experimental)

(the links are on page 2 which I refer to, if you have any troubles with it, read the posts after it and if needed just post a comment there and a lot of people will try to help you) (It may be an EXPERIMENTAL ROM but its pretty damn good, and it's more stable than you expect!) (do not use this if you have Hynix memory, it can brick your phone)  (if you need to find out which memory you have klick here)  (also I advice you to read everything there about 4.4 so that you don't make mistakes!)

Succes!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nomaximux

Im sorry for using this thread, but the title suits my question well ;)

Hello all and M. xams to all and happy new year!

I have a Samsung galaxy Trend!

I've been searching tools to unlock the phone but im not certain in what i've found... even from xda... really dunno

So i started to search about CPU!

Qualcomm MSM7227A

Huawei G300 / LG L7 / Samsung Galaxy ACE Plus / Acer Liquid Glow / Sony Xperia E use the same CPU...

So i ask... Using a rom build for G300 will it work at samsung trend? because i have a G300 with KK 4.4.2 cyanogenmod and i love it

I want to install cyanogenmod in my samsung galaxy trend! Dunno if the aplication at cyanogenmod page works at my phone (root/unlock and install the rom auto. )

Cheers...

and happy hollydays!