[ROM] Y300-0100 B199 UK

Guest Kris Dee

Guest Kris Dee

What's the difference between this and the original b199 repack?

I'm not sure about "original b199 repack" but on this ROM status bar not disappearig when overload browser also Power toggles stays after you wipe data.

why does it says update found when you have the b199!!!

That is update for PushService.

Guest TangerineTractor

I'm struggling to understand this - the previously posted Flashable B199 Stock by Shockey (http://www.modaco.com/topic/366704-stock-rom-repack-b199-android-411-g510y300/) works absolutely fine in the UK, has no bugs and it actually has a newer Kernel version (3.4.0-perf-gf909b34-00192 as opposed to 00170, and an identical build number. So flashing this would appear to be a retrograde step?

Guest SaurabhRCk

I'm struggling to understand this - the previously posted Flashable B199 Stock by Shockey (http://www.modaco.com/topic/366704-stock-rom-repack-b199-android-411-g510y300/) works absolutely fine in the UK, has no bugs and it actually has a newer Kernel version (3.4.0-perf-gf909b34-00192 as opposed to 00170, and an identical build number. So flashing this would appear to be a retrograde step?

what if we flash 3.4.1 kernel by cexstel on this. that is based on stock and uses a newer kernel! you tried that??

Guest TangerineTractor

what if we flash 3.4.1 kernel by cexstel on this. that is based on stock and uses a newer kernel! you tried that??

I don't want to. It's not stable. I'm just questioning what's different between theis rom and the previously posted flashable 199 repack?

Guest SaurabhRCk

I am using that kernel with cm 10.1. have not found any problem so far! rock solid! I  don't think there is any diff! its the same! just 2 diff releases! 

Guest kripticmc

This actually is an official ROM as it as the update app and the repack is not I don't think but I don't know tbh what I mean is that is only based on stock I think this is actually stock

Edited by kripticmc

Guest Kris Dee

I downloaded B199 Repack by Shockey and it has bugs on UK Y300, pretty much like every stock based rom i tested.

Launcher default config is wrong, systemUi can be killed etc.

My rom is clean, untouched b199 firmware with 00192 kernel and proper CUST files for UK.

Now you probably wonder  why ABOUT PHONE says Kernel version 00170?

It says that because uk version of hw_defaults.xml has this string:

<string hw_kernel_version="3.4.0-perf-gf909b34-00170-ga479003%sandroid@localhost #1%sSMP PREEMPT"/>

I will fix it in next version.

Guest kripticmc

I downloaded B199 Repack by Shockey and it has bugs on UK Y300, pretty much like every stock based rom i tested.

Launcher default config is wrong, systemUi can be killed etc.

My rom is clean, untouched b199 firmware with 00192 kernel and proper CUST files for UK.

Now you probably wonder why ABOUT PHONE says Kernel version 00170?

It says that because uk version of hw_defaults.xml has this string:

<string hw_kernel_version="3.4.0-perf-gf909b34-00170-ga479003%sandroid@localhost #1%sSMP PREEMPT"/>

I will fix it in next version.

Funny that cause I got this ROM an it says 192 so am a little lost tbh

Cause its said 192 since day one?????

Edited by kripticmc

Guest TangerineTractor

Thanks for the reply... I don't see any bugs in the "other" stock roms, possibly because I remove the emotion ui launcher and use nova.

Guest TangerineTractor

Hmmm... there's something not quite right here... On startup, it's not connecting up to my google account and therefore not getting any of my settings, wifi access points, and worst of all my google play apps. It tries, takes ages, tehn just carries on without connecting to my Google account. It does however work once it's booted up if I go into Google Play and select existing account. This has happened twice, on V1 and V2.

Then once I've installed and app or two, if I go into Google Play on my PC and try to force installation of my other apps, they don't sync.

• 1 month later...

What will happen if I flash it outside the Europe region? I'm from Africa..Secondly, does twrp require root access?

It is a ROM not a Firmware, so, it going to be installed successfully hopefully...

Secondly, TWRP doesn't require root access...

Greetings!