Question-How to Root Huawei Ascend G300 in ICS and install CWM/TWRP?

Hi MoDaCo.

I've got some questions.

Recently, i've adquired a G300, and I want to root and install cwm, but i've already updgraded to ICS.

Can I root in ICS and install CWM/TWRP, without risks of brick my device.

Thanks

Send feedback fast please

i did't get very well.

so the superrecovery method works in 4.0

can i install roms in cwm without bootloader unlocked.

can i even install cwm or root without bootloader unlocked.

please answer

I already linked to a post that explains what to do!  :wacko:

You can root in ICS. I did it using the "explained like you're 5" tutorial (but don't use the bootloader unlock from there!).

I presume that the root method in this post works on ICS too but read the thread to be sure that there are no issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest asbesto

Please unlock your bootloader using my tut in the signature - unlocking with the huaweig300.com method causes bricks.

God, I hate that tool! :P

hey George, i have followed huaweig300.com method to unlock the bootloader from here;

1. If it isn't already, connect your phone to your computer.
  2. From your computer, download BootloaderG300.exe and save it to your desktop.
  3. Once the download has completed, open BootloaderG300.exe.
  4. A black window with white text will popup. If it freezes at < waiting for device >, Windows is probably downloading drivers in the background, so be patient. This may take up to 10 minutes.

Troubleshooting

If you are stuck on < waiting for device > for longer than 10 minutes, or receive error device not found, unplug the cable from your computer and plug it into another USB port. It's best to plug it into a port on the back of your computer. If this doesn't fix the problem, disconnect your phone, restart your computer and phone, and then try again. If this still doesn't fix the problem, make sure you have installed the USB drivers correctly.

5. Wait until your phone reboots.
  6. Power off your phone and disconnect it from your computer.

to there,

Right now my phone boots normally but I really do not want to brick it and I read your message concerning NOT TO USE the huawei300 method..

So can you please help me?

I really would like to install this recovery:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359191-recovery-cwm-clockworkmod-recovery-v6045-cm-last-updated-2112/page-19

and then this rom:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-442-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/

HELP!

Using the BootloaderG300.exe method for unlocking the bootloader is not a good idea.

It can result in random (3G related) reboots.

Better to use George109's tutorial to do an official unlock of the bootloader and avoid such problems.

You don't need any more help to do this - George109's detailed tutorial explains how to do it.

The tutorial is linked from George109's signature.

You could also try the DC Unlocker approach first in case it works but it doesn't work for everybody.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/page-17

In both cases you need to be on original stock ICS (e.g. B952) to do the unlocking.

Once you have done this you should read the CM11 thread for up to date details on what recovery, ROM and gapps to install.

Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...