[RECOVERY][Y300]Return to complete STOCK instructions

Guest maniv

I struggled to get my phone back to stock as I could not get any update.app to work. I was finally able to achieve this through the help of others on this forum, and as promised, I have put together instructions and all the relevant files needed to get back to stock.

My phone is a UK phone with the following build number: Y300-0100V100R001C00B194, purchased in July 2013

So the stock recovery included is specifically for this, but maybe you can use it for your country.

For this to work you will have to have TWRP recovery already installed. Also, if anything goes wrong then please do not blame me, as I am only sharing what I know.

Download the Stock.7z file and extract it wherever you like.

The checksum for this file is:

MD5: BFA1D584BB8B629C0394EE775339E6A2

Do the following in order.

From the "ROM BACKUP - as from purchase" folder

1. Place the TWRP folder in the root of the micro SD - so your path on the micro SD card should look like \TWRP\BACKUPS\...........

Place these 2 files in the root of the micro SD

2. recovery-stock.zip

3. remove_su_binary.zip

4. Boot into TWRP recovery on the phone - If the phone is off then keep hold of the volume up and power button

5. Choose restore from micro SD

If this fails then you might have to run a TWRP backup of your phone first and then replace all the files it creates with the ones I have supplied. You will need to maintain the folder structure.

If SU needs to be removed

6. Install "remove_su_binary" from root of SD via TWRP

To remove TWRP

7. Install "recovery-stock.zip" from root of SD via TWRP

8. You now have Huawei Recovery - Boot into Huawei Recovery - Hold volume up and Power button till you see the Android and red triangle

9. Wipe cache partition

10. Wipe data/factory reset

11. Reboot

Done - Your phone should be exactly as it was when it came out the box, except for if you have unlocked your BootLoader, which you probably have.

BootLoader relock instructions

You need to know your unlock code, as it is the same code to relock.

Necessary drivers and adb have to be installed on your PC.

1. Boot into BootLoader - powered off, hold the volume down and power button for 10 sec.

2. Connect the phone to your PC

3. Open up command prompt

4. Navigate to ADB folder using the “cd” command, so your path might look like c:\adb\

5. Type "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" - without speech marks

6. Enter

7. Now you can see if your Bootloader is locked or unlocked

8. To relock

9. Type "fastboot oem relock xxxxxxxxxxx" - without speech marks and the "xxxxxxxx..." represents your unlock password

10. Enter

If anyone wants to add their suggestions/tips then please go ahead. Hope this helps someone. Edited by maniv

i got a problem at step 5. when pressing restore button, i find nothing...and i am pretty sure that i placed the TWRP folder in the right place. any advice?

i got a problem at step 5. when pressing restore button, i find nothing...and i am pretty sure that i placed the TWRP folder in the right place. any advice?

Make sure that in recovery mode you have selected the micro sd card and not the internal one.

Make sure that in recovery mode you have selected the micro sd card and not the internal one.

yes, i have...besides, i placed this folder into both the micro sd card and the internal one...

actually, i guess i can flash a stock rom directly instead of restoring it. I will try it later.

actually, i guess i can flash a stock rom directly instead of restoring it. I will try it later.

Were you able to restore your phone. If you haven't then have a look at instruction number 5, I have made changes.

Edited by maniv

Guest RedNick

Is it possible to cleanly relock the bootloader?

sudo ./fastboot-linux oem get-bootinfo

returns LOCKED from new, UNLOCKED following official unlock and RELOCKED after following this guide.

As a result, although I have tried to restore to as-new condition for return under warranty, there is still evidence I've been messing.

Edited by RedNick

Is it possible to cleanly relock the bootloader?

sudo ./fastboot-linux oem get-bootinfo
returns LOCKED from new, UNLOCKED following official unlock and RELOCKED after following this guide.

As a result, although I have tried to restore to as-new condition for return under warranty, there is still evidence I've been messing.

I am not sure if there is anyway to get to a locked version rather than relocked. The above bootloader locking procedure is the same as that from Huawei's website.

If you do find a solution then please do post it on here.

• 1 month later...

Seems to be downloading for me. Unfortunately I do not have any other location to store the file, though I might be able to stick it on Google drive.

Edited by maniv

• 2 weeks later...

" Seems to be downloading for me. Unfortunately I do not have any other location to store the file, though I might be able to stick it on Google drive. "

Link works just fine now

• 1 month later...
Guest LisaLiLisaLi

Thank you! I registered just so I could say a big THANK YOU for posting this guide and saving my ass. You rock! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

:) :wub: :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest maniv

Thank you! I registered just so I could say a big THANK YOU for posting this guide and saving my ass. You rock! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

:) :wub: :P

You're welcome. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Neso78

I have the same problem on Huwei G510 ,any could help me please..

I struggled to get my phone back to stock as I could not get any update.app to work. I was finally able to achieve this through the help of others on this forum, and as promised, I have put together instructions and all the relevant files needed to get back to stock.

My phone is ascend G510 I bought in Bosnia from operater Telekom Srpske

Phone is Version:4.1.1 and was it Kernel version:G510-0200-user 4.1.1 GRJ90 C00B195 release-keys

I rooted the phone,and  unlock bootloader with huawei unlock bootloader. After that on phone is disable notificattion panel,and my kernel back on B189 firmware stock

I want to back enable notification panel,and on kernel GRJ90 C00B195195 firmware

I find update to firmware .. B200 on huwei sit for ascend g510 ,but a could not update phone it say me update failed..

Please help me how to solve my problem

• 1 month later...
Guest albyhart

Hello maniv

I'm a newby and would like to ask where to get the recovery-stock.zip   I managed to find the remove_su_binary.zip

I am having problems with my Y300 bought in the UK it keeps trying to download an updated file of 127MB but fails and then tries to download again. it has downloaded about 7 times -- I have to keep it switched off to stop it. so your guide seems a godsend if I could only get the file downloads.

Thanks

albyhart

PS I posted this on the duplicate topic before I noticed your request for someone to delete it

Guest RenatoNismo

yesterday I unlocked bootloader and installed CM11.

now I just reverted back to everything stock and relocked bootloader.

I tried to flash dload of b189 and it said failed to update.

it's all because the splash screen has image of network provider and I don't like, I want the splash screen of general version like b189 have.

Edited by RenatoNismo