• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SPV Battery and consequences of power loss

2 posts in this topic

Posted

I recharged my battery last night (around 6pm), played with it for around 20 mins, surf the web a little and received a couple of phone calls. Woke up this morning and the thing is on 1 bar power already!!!!

Seems to be getting worse already!! I've been careful and made sure that I've turned off the GPRS connection when I'm not using it, disabled unnecessary sounds etc.

When I received my SPV I charged it for 6 hours (it says in the handbook only 3 hours are required). Did anyone charge it for 16 hours or so for the first charge and how are you guys getting along with it?

I've also been reading that some people have been waiting for their phones to totally discharge before recharging and this has improved the battery life. However, in the book, it says that if you totally run it down then you will lose data. The phone ran out of juice a few days ago and though I didn't lose my contacts or my messages, the phone lost it's pop3 settings for my email, lost the owner information, lost the remove programs uninstall for all newly installed apps (though the actual apps were still present), my installed apps had expired or needed re-registering and Active Sync didn't recognise it as a connection partner!!!

It seems power loss lost some bits but not others, all very confusing! I can't see how the battery recharge cycle that some people are doing is practical considering all these problems!!!

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

Posted

The SPV uses a Lithium-Ion battery, so the standard LiIon rules apply:

* They like to be stored fully charged.

* They prefer to be trickle-charged (e.g. left in cradle/charger an constantly topped-up).

* They should *never* be allowed to fully discharge - dropping below about 20% of capcity will reduce the amount of time they will hold out for a number of charges.

* Constatly allowing to fully discharge will drastically reduce the lifetime of the battery.

Personally, I reckon the best bet is to keep some form of charger with you, and perhaps to turn it off at times when you don't want o be disturbed (e.g. when asleep!).