• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

4.3 android features that are surely not only on Cyanogenmod

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys!

Ive recently purchased a Moto G and having come from a device that could only get 4.3 using the aid of Cyanogenmod i have a few features/shortcuts that i used to use on the old device that i cant seem to use on this device. There are elements that i cant imagine that are only availiable on Cyanogenmod which is why ive come to you guys as maybe the option has moved or is hidden on this version of Motorola's Moto G?

1. The lockscreen password which is set to PIN. When i enter the correct PIN, it would automaticlly enter the device without me pressing the enter button. Is this not avaiable on the stock rom?

2. Home screen options. Number of home screens. Im sure you will probably suggest a launcher replacement for this

3. Hide/Remove the google search bar from the homescreen

4. Quicklaunch buttons selection like on CyanogenMod? I want to be able to pick and choose what and what not to display. There is an unusal thing with the wifi button. when i select the wifi button, i would like it to just turn on wifi not load up the wifi options for me to then turn it on

Any help and advice you can provide would be most appreciating on how to achieve these options

Thanks alot for your time

Posted

yeah, they are all CyanogenMod features, not sure about 1. but 2 & 3 are just features of the launcher it uses  (Trebuchet)

Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher from the market have those features and more.

Posted

To remove the google search, simply uninstall the application.

Posted

Apex launcher alllows one to remove the google search bar without removing the underlying application, along with lots of other nice stuff, resizing icons etc.

Posted

Many thanks everyone for your replies. I will look into a new launcher replacement but how about the PIN on the lockscreen?

Would a replacement launcher also be able to modify what can be displayed on the quicklaunch tiles?

Posted (edited)

If you are prepared to root, Xposed Installer with the 'GravityBox' module will solve problems 1 and 4.

Edited by jlost

Posted

Long pressing on the WiFi icon will turn it off or on

Posted

Many thanks everyone for your replies. I didnt realise about the long press on the wifi but that was an awesome tip and has saved one annoyance. i will install a new launcher to resolve some other issues but other than that thanks guys! :)

Posted

1. The lockscreen password which is set to PIN. When i enter the correct PIN, it would automaticlly enter the device without me pressing the enter button. Is this not avaiable on the stock rom?

This is a CyanogenMod feature. Unfortunately, it seems to be missing in CM11 at the moment.

2. Home screen options. Number of home screens. Im sure you will probably suggest a launcher replacement for this

This is fixed by default in stock 4.4, as it takes out homepages that have nothing on them. I don't know if there's an upper limit to the number of homescreens you can have.