[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

I've a question about The new art runtime...

Is The instability caused by cm app?

A totally pre-compiled app must be more stable and smooth Then The old java interpreted code....

And...wtf a compiled-interpreted code become a only compiled code?

Ohhh good old ANSI c....i miss you

The instability caused firstly because ART. ART is experimental in the "official" and stable 4.4 too. So I don't suggest to use it on an experimental ROM as CM11.

Also many apps don't work well with ART. App devs need time to prepare for ART too.
It is not an accident that ART is not the default and it is only in developer options.

I updated my stripped gapps package based on PA's new (released today) gapps package: http://goo.gl/szeoQN

Here are the changes from previous (20131126) version:

- Core Base updated to 4.4.2-937116 (KOT49H)

- Introduced new Google BrowserSync Addon for those who use stock/AOSP Browser (download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760975523)

- Removed Google Bookmarks Sync (no longer needed:See above - also causes problems with ART)

- PicoTTS No longer removed

You can install it over previous version. Only need to wipe Dalvik cache.

Cheers :)

(the one in the first post is still the 20131126)

Edited by rhen

Guest ukimann

I updated my stripped gapps package based on PA's new (released today) gapps package: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxi5Y1_K_OXEV1FKVE42ZVQ0R0U

- Introduced new Google BrowserSync Addon for those who use stock/AOSP Browser (download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760975523)

- Removed Google Bookmarks Sync (no longer needed:See above - also causes problems with ART)

I think there's a problem with the gapps link. It took me several tries to start the download and the "speed" is about 2kb/s  :)

Thanks for your modified gapps, saved me from a lot of headache.

I think there's a problem with the gapps link. It took me several tries to start the download and the "speed" is about 2kb/s  :)

Thanks for your modified gapps, saved me from a lot of headache.

It's gdrive, so if there is problem with download speed, it is google's fault. I tried it now and the avarage download speed was about 1,4MB/sec.

Maybe I'll make a mirror later.

Guest qwertyu123

I just updated through OTA from nightly 09/12 to 12/12 and  I got to the part where the phone says "Finishing boot" and stays there forever. It looks like the launcher didn't start.

I had to format /system, wipe dalvik cache and cache and flash again in order to make it work. Reset to factory default was not necessary.

Same thing happened when I updated from BeepBeep to 09/12

Guest agrnomist

Second one, from Daz's place. http://android.thebronasium.com/pa_gapps-stripped-4.4-20131126-signed.zip

Search bar doesn't work because the gapps doesn't contain the google search app.

If you install it from Play Store, it should be work.

Or you can hide it if you don't use it.

WiFi hotspot doesn't work and it is a known "bug".

Can you tell me what version OF KK  Which works by portable WiFi hotspot

I need it  necessary

sorry for my bad english

I just updated through OTA from nightly 09/12 to 12/12 and  I got to the part where the phone says "Finishing boot" and stays there forever. It looks like the launcher didn't start.

I had to format /system, wipe dalvik cache and cache and flash again in order to make it work. Reset to factory default was not necessary.

Same thing happened when I updated from BeepBeep to 09/12

Same here, but I did restore to 4.3 after finishing boot loop... I'm losing network and need to reboot few times per day, so i'll wait few weeks for sh*t to put together. I need my phone to be phone at first. :)

Edited by Archix

Mine was working great (09/12) until today, I rebooted my phone after changing primary memory for apps from sd to internal, and rebooting it's stuck on cm logo. Well, gonna try and flash 13/12, was going to do that anyway but I'm kinda sad about my texts not backed up :/

I installed the rom and so far is working 100%!  :D 

The only problem is I can not send mms.  <_< 

Ps: With Vodafone Portugal

Is your APN configured correctly for MMS?

Try the Tweakker APN app from the Play Store if necessary.

I updated my stripped gapps package based on PA's new (released today) gapps package: http://goo.gl/szeoQN

Updated the post with a fixed version of gapps.

Difference is only that the new version is delete ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk and MediaUploader.apk if you update your existing install.

If you already installed the previous version and this was a fresh install, not an update, you have nothing to do.

But if you installed it as an update and plan to use ART, I suggest to update to the new one, or delete this two file from /system/app/.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Edited by rhen

Can you tell me what version OF KK  Which works by portable WiFi hotspot

I need it  necessary

sorry for my bad english

I seen working WiFi tethering only with 3.0.8 kernel.

You can use latest CM10.1 or older CM10.2 with 3.0.8 kernel.

I suggest 10.1 if you want a stable ROM with working WiFi tethering.

Guest ac_lourenco

Is your APN configured correctly for MMS?

Try the Tweakker APN app from the Play Store if necessary.

I was trying to install this app and Play Store returns this message: "Error: Could not install on USB storage or SD card"

I've been experimenting with other app's and only happens with some of them.

Guest replic8r

I was trying to install this app and Play Store returns this message: "Error: Could not install on USB storage or SD card"

Had similar experience with app: Diag My Toyota. Even TitaniumBackup of this app can not be restored.

I was going to report this problem too. 

Can't install most games because of that error. Badland was the 1st to work

Edited by gmotta

Guest drama20050202

+1

Guest plewis1981

hi guys, I flashed yesterday's build using the 15mb project slim gapps found hear http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2265564 and have had no FC's or issues with playstore. :)

I found this link in the CM10.1 thread posted by rhen so all thanks to him :) there are TINY gapps for all android versions so its defiantly worth a look.