[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

You just have to keep trying/emailing as it varies a lot how promptly they respond.

The second link that you posted is for the SIM/network unlock code and not the bootloader unlock code and they most likely will not give you the SIM/network unlock code.

Did you try DC Unlocker already in case it works for you?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/page-17#entry2168479

Edited by dalyer

Guest trumpet-t1

If I've got turned off mobile data and Wi-Fi, everything is fine. But when I turn on mobile data, phone is restarting very often. It's seems to be a bug.

What have you written? 
I've already sent 3-4 and I still have not received a reply!

Subject: URGENT Request Bootloader Unlock Code.

Dear Sir/Madam

Please may I request the bootloader unlock code for my Huawei Ascend G300? Here are some Details:

Serial Number: (Found under the battery) (it is abbreviated to S/N)

IMEI: (Found with the Serial number under the battery)

MAC: (Found with the serial number under the battery)

Baseband: 2030

Please could you send me the code directly, as I cannot access the product ID on my device.

Thank You

(Your Name)

Guest dipacheco

Hey guys, i really need your help in two topics please!

1- Finally i've a new contract with Vodafone and finally have mobile data 3G always connected. And... i've a problem. From hour to hour i've to reboot my phone because i loose connection. I can't do anything... No calls, no sms, no internet, nothing...

2- I have installed a long time ago Nightly version 20131225... Yesterday i try to install the last nightly but after the download, it asks me to reboot and when enter the screen for installation it says that the file was not found... what could this be?

Thanks a lot guys.

Guest joandrade

Hey guys, i really need your help in two topics please!

1- Finally i've a new contract with Vodafone and finally have mobile data 3G always connected. And... i've a problem. From hour to hour i've to reboot my phone because i loose connection. I can't do anything... No calls, no sms, no internet, nothing...

2- I have installed a long time ago Nightly version 20131225... Yesterday i try to install the last nightly but after the download, it asks me to reboot and when enter the screen for installation it says that the file was not found... what could this be?

Thanks a lot guys.

1 - make sure you have an officially unlocked bootloader. these signal drop/reboot issues seem to occur much more frequently in unoficially unlocked bootloaders, though they do appear when it's unlocked officially.

2 - my guess is that you have your external SD card set as the primary. when this happens, the mount points for the internal and external SD card are swapped in Android, but not in recovery. it looks for the file in /storage/sdcard0, which is where it got downloaded to (the external SD card), but in cwm that file doesn't exist because /storage/sdcard0 is now the internal SD card, hence why it downloads just fine, but when you want to install it using cmupdater, it fails. you can either switch to the internal SD just before you download the update and install it, and it will go just fine, or copy it to the internal SD card when the download is finished, to the exact same folder. e.g. /storage/sdcard0/cmupdater/ROM.zip to /storage/sdcard1/cmupdater/ROM.zip. 

Guest dipacheco

1 - make sure you have an officially unlocked bootloader. these signal drop/reboot issues seem to occur much more frequently in unoficially unlocked bootloaders, though they do appear when it's unlocked officially.

2 - my guess is that you have your external SD card set as the primary. when this happens, the mount points for the internal and external SD card are swapped in Android, but not in recovery. it looks for the file in /storage/sdcard0, which is where it got downloaded to (the external SD card), but in cwm that file doesn't exist because /storage/sdcard0 is now the internal SD card, hence why it downloads just fine, but when you want to install it using cmupdater, it fails. you can either switch to the internal SD just before you download the update and install it, and it will go just fine, or copy it to the internal SD card when the download is finished, to the exact same folder. e.g. /storage/sdcard0/cmupdater/ROM.zip to /storage/sdcard1/cmupdater/ROM.zip. 

Thanks a lot for the answer joandrade. But now i've another doubt, a noob doubt. LOL What is an unlocked bootloader? Lol Sorry for my ignorance.

Guest trumpet-t1

3G reboots because your unlocked the bootloader unofficially?

I didn't unlock in that way but after last update 2014-02-04 phone not restarting. I'll keep watching it. I was follow this tutorial

I didn't unlock in that way but after last update 2014-02-04 phone not restarting. I'll keep watching it. I was follow this tutorial

That's the cause of your reboots so - BootloaderG300.exe is  the hacked/unofficially unlocked bootloader.

You need to unlock officially as mentioned above to avoid 3G reboots due to the hacked bootloader.

Edited by dalyer

Any plans for OC capable 3.4 kernel in this 4.4.2?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-442-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/page-52#entry2191670

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-442-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/page-52#entry2191685

Just wondering... Why people ask the same things all the time over and over...

Edited by rhen

I'm sorry... :/

And what about transparent status bar, int this ROM?

I'm sorry... :/

And what about transparent status bar, int this ROM?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-442-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/page-38#entry2186050

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-442-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/page-25#entry2182499

Second one is easier, but I suggest the first one. (I don't use any of these)

There should be a FAQ for CM11 with common questions. These questions (and some other) are asked sooo many times. But I don't know where would be the ideal place for this where people actually read it.

Edited by rhen

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-442-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/page-38#entry2186050

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-442-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/page-25#entry2182499

Second one is easier, but I suggest the first one. (I don't use any of these)

There should be a FAQ for CM11 with common questions. These questions (and some other) are asked sooo many times. But I don't know where would be the ideal place for this where people actually read it.

Any plans for making it transparent by default? Is there any performance impact when it's enabled?

I think booth ways are a little too much for me, or I'm just lazy..

Guest trumpet-t1

That's the cause of your reboots so - BootloaderG300.exe is  the hacked/unofficially unlocked bootloader.

You need to unlock officially as mentioned above to avoid 3G reboots due to the hacked bootloader.

Thanks for response. After last update only once phone rebooted. But I'll try to unlock by official way. Maybe it will help with Spirit FM because it doesn't work for me. 

Any plans for making it transparent by default? Is there any performance impact when it's enabled?

I think booth ways are a little too much for me, or I'm just lazy..

It is not an accident that transparent status bar disabled on these devices by default.

If you change the ro.config.low_ram to false, you said to the system that you have enough ram to display and run all the extra stuff. And apps can distinguish how it work/look based on this property too (not implemented by lots of apps at the moment) so they turn the extra features on and become too heavy for our device.

Anyway, Balerion write a method for transparent status bar that works without changing this property in CM11 thread.

People should realize that this phone will not be more powerful and faster with new ROM's (maybe just get worst due to no proper driver support for this hardware for android version above ICS). You have to make compromise with this hardware. You will never get an experience of a more powerful phone.

Sorry that I just link and quote today, but I wanted to show (not just for you) that almost all the question is already answered. You only have to use the search box. :)

Sorry that I just link and quote today, but I wanted to show (not just for you) that almost all the question is already answered. You only have to use the search box. :)

It's fine :) But... I've seen a lot of ARMv6 devices with good CM11 ROM's...You talked about no driver support.

I use a build from 30.01., and it's pretty good, it's fast, not like CM9 ROM's, but in range with 10.1.. It will be even better with OC, for gaming for example (1GHz Single Core is not a best solution for gaming, I know).

It's fine :) But... I've seen a lot of ARMv6 devices with good CM11 ROM's...You talked about no driver support.

I use a build from 30.01., and it's pretty good, it's fast, not like CM9 ROM's, but in range with 10.1.. It will be even better with OC, for gaming for example (1GHz Single Core is not a best solution for gaming, I know).

ARMv6?  :blink: I doubt KitKat can work on ARMv6 devices.

Yes, there is no driver support. Check out the IRC log. We use old drivers with hacks to make it work with KitKat. The most problematic is the graphics (latest version is for android 4.2) and OMX driver (latest is for 4.1). Remember the green youtube things, tvcatchup bugs etc...

Now youtube HQ playback is still "blocky". We use the old webkit rendering engine instead of chromium webview. etc.

There is a lot of changes and hacks that make this old hardware work with KitKat.

Dazzozo have done the most of the work.

Edited by rhen

ARMv6?  :blink: I doubt KitKat can work on ARMv6 devices.

Yes, there is no driver support. Check out the IRC log. We use old drivers with hacks to make it work with KitKat. The most problematic is the graphics (latest version is for android 4.2) and OMX driver (latest is for 4.1). Remember the green youtube things, tvcatchup bugs etc...

Now youtube HQ playback is still "blocky". We use the old webkit rendering engine instead of chromium webview. etc.

There is a lot of changes and hacks that make this old hardware work with KitKat.

Dazzozo have done the most of the work.

LG P500 is ARMv6 and CM11 works fine on it.

Guest MetalDroid

There is an error between the microphone and speaker for VoIP calls. They will never fix this bug than a month ago worked well?

That problem is experienced in LINE app (Error 104: There is a problem with the microphone and speaker) and is produced by a fault cyanogenmod updates. In December the latest nightlies works well...

First of all excellent work Dazzozo and then! I have come straight from stock ICS and this ROM runs faster and smoother.

I have a few issues. The main one you are aware of is that WiFi hotspot doesn't work. It activates with no apparent error yet no signal is received by other devices.

Other than that there is a small problem with SD cards not mounting properly, for updates and may be causing issue with some apps this can be gone manually via CWM for nightlies however.

The other Small problem is with Apollo which may be linked to the above. Play Music works fine.

Thanks again to all involved! Great work.

One other thing. I moved from the 27/01 build to 07/02 and seem to have lost the ability to change column and row numbers. And also set/unset the ui search widget.