[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest razor74

I run some tests yesterday and i discovered that camera take better photos with 95% jpeg quality (set as super fine) and not 100% (set as best). So, for those who have s5k4e1 sensor this settings will give a bit more good result from sharpness point of view...  With camera FV 5 it is more evident. But it work with default camera too...

Guest Sighn

I get bad battery life with CM11, trying the Modded ROM, above, and today's 27th. It's only if I use Wireless. The wireless icon has it's downwards arrow flash about every 2 seconds continuously. Looking at battery usage information, Wi-Fi is way above anything else.

Everything is fine if I just use 3g.

Guest razor74

I get bad battery life with CM11, trying the Modded ROM, above, and today's 27th. It's only if I use Wireless. The wireless icon has it's downwards arrow flash about every 2 seconds continuously. Looking at battery usage information, Wi-Fi is way above anything else.

With wifi activated i have lower battery consumption, even than 3g... Maybe google play do some updates in background when detects wifi is activated?

Edited by razor74

Guest darthmaul88

Check if you have wifi scan always active. (wifi - settings- advanced). Do not allow google to search for wifi networks.

Also reporting location to google and location history activated eat up a lot of battery.

If you deactivate those you will see a lot of improvement. Especially if you deactivate the first one.

Guest trumpet-t1

anyone has tried the last nightly ? i installed it and google play dosn't charge, it says retry. sorry for my english, any help ?

Works fine for me.

I've got this problem after every update

I run some tests yesterday and i discovered that camera take better photos with 95% jpeg quality (set as super fine) and not 100% (set as best). So, for those who have s5k4e1 sensor this settings will give a bit more good result from sharpness point of view...  With camera FV 5 it is more evident. But it work with default camera too...

I have shot all sample picture at 95%. So maybe not the camera sensor type, but the JPG quality cause the picture quality problem?

Are you using the proper gapps package?

Guest razor74

I have shot all sample picture at 95%. So maybe not the camera sensor type, but the JPG quality cause the picture quality problem?

Yes. It seems to be jpeg compression related. Because all pars from the pictures which represent lines and higly contrasted objects looks good and part from the pictures which represents grass for example, look too blendy and unclear like a too high jpeg compression. Because of that i think , maybe it is possible to add some tunnig in software. Only if someone know what to do ...

Edited by razor74

Guest Danchiman21

you have to install the gapps when you install the new nightly, if you install every day nightly you would have to install every day the same gapps package too

you have to install the gapps when you install the new nightly, if you install every day nightly you would have to install every day the same gapps package too

This is not true.

You have to install gapps package only when updating gapps. I updated this ROM many times without reflashing gapps package.

If you have to reflash every time, something is wrong with your setup.

Guest _St0nE_

Hi all!

This is my daily rom, but I miss the original Huawei FM Radio app.

I tried Spirit FM but this app don't work on my G300... or maybe, I don't  know how to use it...

Can you please explain how to install and make Spirit FM works on G300 with Dazz's CM11?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Danchiman21

This is not true.

You have to install gapps package only when updating gapps. I updated this ROM many times without reflashing gapps package.

If you have to reflash every time, something is wrong with your setup.

oh , okey, sorry

Guest Danchiman21

i need help on something, i am using the 03/22 nightly, since 1 week ago, everything was working perfect, but suddenly today when i got home, and activated wifi, a few minutes later i noticed that wifi wasn't connected, so i tried to connect my wifi and it said "error couldn't connect" and my wifi was working. so i rebooted the phone, then when i activated wifi it said activating wifi and keep loading forever, and when i go to configurations the wifi section it's like blocked and i can't make it stop trying to activate wifi, what can i do ? did i said everything right? sorry for my english, thanks anyway 

Edit: i even installed the 03/25 nightly and the same keeps happening, i can't turn on wifi, it's like in grey like blocked

New Edit: i flashed the stock rom, with every wipe and all clean update, now i can activate and desactivate wifi, but when it's activated it doesn't show me the networks, i don't now if that is the correct word, everything else is working perfect, i don't know what else to do and why that happened

Edited by Danchiman21

Guest capellinni

Hello!

I've put my personal 'ringtones', 'alarms' and 'notifications' in system/media/'respective folder' (sounds are .mp3) but when i choose them from the menus (ex: whatsapp notification sound) it plays a diferent sound. Do i have to convert them to .ogg? or is it something else?

Another thing: i enjoy very much the huawei g300 stock weather widget but i cannot load them on this CM11, how can i put it to work, is it possible?

Thanks!

By the way, awesome rom :D

Guest trumpet-t1

Are you using the proper gapps package?

I'm using 1-16_GApps_Core_4.4.2_signed.zip and 1-16_GApps_Standard_4.4.2_signed.zip to work Google services.

Why after 2014-03-28 update is huge battery consuming by system, over 30%

Guest me_lobo

Hi,

I have just switched to CM 11. Now I am using nightly 20140330 with pa_gapps-modular-really-micro-4.4.2-20140316-signed gapps (clean install). These gapps were the first one that fitted without "not enough space" problem.

Everything is fine (or I can live with it :-) ), however camera is not working. It says "cant connect to the camera". I have searched for this problem without success, which means that I am not good in searching or I have missed something during the installation.

Any leads appreciated. I have no problem to do another clean install.

Thanx

Guest pejicgoran

Camera works on every nightly.Something is wrong with yours instalations.Flash rom again.r8 recavery and wipe and format everything except sd card .

Edited by pejicgoran

Guest fiona_stargatefan

Hi,

I've recently done a clean install of this ROM and now getting on much better :D. However, a couple of minor niggles:

- I only have 2 pages on the home screen and can't seem to find the option to change this :unsure: . Can anyone help

- I can't find the options to adjust the keyboard settings e.g turn of hepatic feedback. I've looked under Language & input but again can't find it.

Currently using 20140329 version.

Ta,

Fiona

Guest wards5150

Hi,

I've recently done a clean install of this ROM and now getting on much better :D. However, a couple of minor niggles:

- I only have 2 pages on the home screen and can't seem to find the option to change this :unsure: . Can anyone help

- I can't find the options to adjust the keyboard settings e.g turn of hepatic feedback. I've looked under Language & input but again can't find it.

Currently using 20140329 version.

Ta,

Fiona

For the first one. A new page will be created just by dragging a widget or icon to the far right of home screen. The second question I am using Google keyboard. There is an option in keyboard settings... vibrate on keypress. Just untick it. Turns of haptic feedback on keyboard only. I think you can turn it fully of in developer options. Edited by wards5150

Guest nunovsky

Hello, today i have many problems with current nightly.... i´m using art with no problems but today i experienced many unexpected stop working (unfortunately, com.android.incall, dsp manager has stopped)

press ok and it loops without going further....

What can i do?

It don´t go to home screen.

Thank you  for the hard work

Guest pejicgoran

@Fiona:Install NOVA launcher from google play.Trebushet launcher laggy very match.It is not fluid like nova.Try and you will see difrent.

Guest me_lobo

Camera works on every nightly.Something is wrong with yours instalations.Flash rom again.r8 recavery and wipe and format everything except sd card .

OK, here we go again, not that I didnt do it before ..but:

Recovery  CWM-based Recovery 6.0.4.5 R8

Wipe /data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

format cache, system,data, cust

wipe dalvik cache

reboot recovery

install cm-11-20140330 from sdcard0 - success

install PA GApps Micro Modular 4.4.2 - 20140316 Stripped version - success

reboot

And voila, camera works. Thank you. Hope this will also resolve the problems I had with my bluetooth handsfree in the car.

Guest nunovsky

in portuguese, settings.apk the translations are ones in english and others in portuguese

Can any one fix it?

Edited by nunovsky