[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest laurisss

Hello,

First of all I want to thank all the people involved making this unbeliable rom. It is amazing that we can use kitkat on the old g300. Thanks again Daz

I have a question I never saw a clear answer.

Does anyone knows why battery life is much worse in CM's roms (11, 10.2, 10.1...) compared to stock ICS? Specially when using 3G connection battery drains so fast.

The fact is while with Huawei B952 ICS Stock ROM I can reach from 1 day to 1,5 days of battery life using 3G all the day, with CM's roms I cannot reach the end of the day...

With CM11 maybe there was an improvement compared to 10.2 and 10.1 but it still much worse the stock ICS.

Any idea? I was thinking that maybe is CM's sources fault (or characteristic)? Anyone knows if AOSP has the same behaviour?

On the other side, does anyone know if is there a kitkat AOSP rom updated with all the new kernel stuff, blobs and sources that Dazz has been applying on the CM11? I'm not an expert but it is so difficult to port them to AOSP? All the hard work has already been done by Daz. It would be nice to have a kitkat AOSP R2...

There is a kitkat AOSP but it has one (or more) serious bug(s) - when you hold down the home button to go to the recent apps  the systemui force closes., and its not rooted. - http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=745750, you can root it by using this - http://www.kingoapp.com/ already tried and working.

Guest gigis

So! Starting 3-4 updates back it started freezing in apps like Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and when receiving notifications. it sometimes freezes for reboot and there's nothing i can do about it. i installed the latest update last night on a clean wipe. another issue that bugs me from the first day i started using this CM11 is that after every reboot i can't lock the phone immediately, i have to wait for like a minute, the lock button doesn't work before that and sometimes the back and menu button don't work. 

last night i had an issue with whatsapp, i couldn't install it, it keep saying insufficient storage space, but it had over 200mb left.

i`ll get back to release from the 10th of april, because i know that didn't have the freezing system thing.

Guest IceTapanho

If you have FC after CMupdate try to clear data and cache of that app, worked pretty well for me.

Are ART and KSM working on last nightly?

Edited by IceTapanho

Guest qwertyu123

There is a kitkat AOSP but it has one (or more) serious bug(s) - when you hold down the home button to go to the recent apps  the systemui force closes., and its not rooted. - http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=745750, you can root it by using this - http://www.kingoapp.com/ already tried and working.

Yes, I know this is R1 that was made by Daz some months ago. I meant an updated one with the latest improvements from Daz CM11.

AOSP is not being maintained

Guest laurisss

If you have FC after CMupdate try to clear data and cache of that app, worked pretty well for me.

Are ART and KSM working on last nightly?

What is "KSM" ? Kernel samepage purging? Allways working.. ART is too i think but some apps aren't compatible with it for exmpl nova launcher is force closing.

Guest bluesharry

Hey guys! 
I've installed this rom, gapps by rhen and I'm having some problems.
When installing apps, such as facebook, facebook chat, etc I get some errors - package invalid, and after that the error "-24".
I've tried some things like - clearing cache of google apps, removing the facebook related files from ~/data/data and installing via 3g instead of wifi. 
Still nothing, same error, once even 939 although I've got plenty of space. (but that looked like a bug). 
Could you please help me? 

Guest bidzapfc

So! Starting 3-4 updates back it started freezing in apps like Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and when receiving notifications. it sometimes freezes for reboot and there's nothing i can do about it. i installed the latest update last night on a clean wipe. another issue that bugs me from the first day i started using this CM11 is that after every reboot i can't lock the phone immediately, i have to wait for like a minute, the lock button doesn't work before that and sometimes the back and menu button don't work. 

last night i had an issue with whatsapp, i couldn't install it, it keep saying insufficient storage space, but it had over 200mb left.

i`ll get back to release from the 10th of april, because i know that didn't have the freezing system thing.

Read whatsapp FAQ. You need to delete whatsapp folder from /data

Guest stevewhite1

I've been getting app crashes too, especially in whatsapp. Also, the system freezes now and again so I have to battery pull and reboot.

I will try reverting back to 10th April. Thanks

Guest trumpet-t1

@rhen I've got 2014-04-15 build and still doesn't work. Is there any them working with new theme engine?

On 2014-04-17 build themes working for me.

Now only overclocking would be nice, because phone lags.

Besides ROM is great.

Guest IceTapanho

I have less lag than ICS, nightly 19/04 working perfectly with ART and KSM (kernel samepage merging). Very fluid, I'm really impressed with kk performance on this old phone

Edited by IceTapanho

Guest razor74

Hello

Big problems with latest CM11 with mail and google account generally. I cannot send any mail. Only receiving works. I cannot receive hangouts - only sending working. I have some mails sended in the morning , and even now after 9 hours  - gmail is it in the "sending" state. The problem is with all internet connections: 2g, 3g, wifi...

Later edit...

resolved ... Was from gmail and hangouts. Uninstalled and reinstalled . Delete data qand cache. Probably damaged from so much updates...

Edited by razor74

Guest me_lobo

Anyone has problems with lost connection generally?

There are days that I have so many missed calls when I was unavailable and stuff. I think its getting stable with last nightlies, however I still experience this from time to time.

I think previous versions of CM (ICS I think) had this too however from certain version it stopped, if I remember correctly it was connected to the baseband somehow. Maybe I have missed few posts and this issue is allready resolved, but I can find it in search..

Guest JovanNS

It may not be the right question for this topic, but since I started having problems on this ROM i want to downgrade to stock ICS or GB. Can anyone tell me what is the procedure? I've never downgraded my G300 before. Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Guest dalyer

If you are on the 2030 baseband and use a multi baseband ROM then you should just be able to flash it.

I normally do all wipes and formats for a clean install and to avoid any problems with an old ROM contaminating the new one.

If you need a ROM that only works on the 19808 baseband then you should be able to downgrade the baseband here and then flash the ROM (with all wipes/formats again).

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361310-downgrade-upgrade-from-recovery/

If you have any problems maybe use an older CWM than CM11 needs.

Hope this helps.

I can't install any app on today's nightly. Package manager crashes.

Also can't use CM updater. It also crashes.

This is just a status update for people who plan to update.

I don't need help.  :P 

Edit: I get the same freeze as aidanr. But after pull out the battery and reboot the phone, the above problems disappeared.

Edited by rhen

Guest aidanr

I've been getting app crashes too, especially in whatsapp. Also, the system freezes now and again so I have to battery pull and reboot.

I will try reverting back to 10th April. Thanks

I've seen crashes today when getting notifications in facebook, I hear the notification sound and then when I press the power button to wake the screen the screen stays black and the menu, home and back buttons light up briefly. I have to pull the battery to recover.

Guest pejicgoran

Flash Pure_Grafik HD rendering version zip from xda from recavery.Unlock and everything is mutch smooter.

Edit:On last build i can not install any apk from sd card.

Edited by pejicgoran

Guest Meglestus

Flash Pure_Grafik HD rendering version zip from xda from recavery.Unlock and everything is mutch smooter.

Edit:On last build i can not install any apk from sd card.

links?