[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Taiji2078

The fonts are just where I started to notice the problem, since it's the only thing really disturbing me right now ... Adreno 205 has all the KitKat updated drivers, but 203 no .... My fault that I play that silly game where I cannot read anything without emoji :)) I actually thought that it is a simple matter that I cannot fix ... then I saw other people problems and started to realize that it is really bad not having updated drivers for our GPU.

Just to annoy you, my 3 years old Samsung Galaxy S Plus just got its Adreno 205 drivers updated this evening (for second time this month), to improve by 5% its performance ... and we don't even have an Adreno 203 driver for KitKat ... can you understand my frustration ? :)))))

Well ... doesn't matter anyway ... I'm using mainly my Samsung and waiting for Adreno 203 drivers in the mean time.

Cya all and good night ! 

Edited by Taiji2078

Guest mockingbird

For me....games run better on kitkat . I play Hay Day a lot and on kitkat it runs smooth on higher resolution than on JB. I don't get why you complaining...

Guest fonz93

For me....games run better on kitkat . I play Hay Day a lot and on kitkat it runs smooth on higher resolution than on JB. I don't get why you complaining...

Some games are better, some are worse

Guest Taiji2078

Qualcomm already stated they will not support our Adreno 203 GPU with later android operating systems. At least they answered.

Huawei didn't even care to answer to any e-mails. 

You didn't have the chance to use a full KitKat updated device. Then you would understand why. With newer drivers your phone works better, communicates better with the new operating system and everything works much smoother. The performance is greatly improved.

To understand more about drivers, check this link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Device_driver

Guest mockingbird

Qualcomm already stated they will not support our Adreno 203 GPU with later android operating systems. At least they answered.

Huawei didn't even care to answer to any e-mails.

You didn't have the chance to use a full KitKat updated device. Then you would understand why. With newer drivers your phone works better, communicates better with the new operating system and everything works much smoother. The performance is greatly improved.

To understand more about drivers, check this link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Device_driver

I have a Nexus 7 with kitkat and is 95% the same as with JB...

Guest Taiji2078

On my Samsung Galaxy S Plus it's a big performance difference. My 3 years old Samsung running the latest build of CyanogenMod on Adreno 205 latest drivers is a lot faster in games and apps than my Huawei Y300. I don't think that it is such a great hardware difference between Adreno 203 and 205. I think the drivers are the problem. But again, this is only my impression.

The physical fact that annoys me is that I cannot see emoji on Huawei's KitKat and I can see them on my Samsung ... maybe one day I'll manage to understand why ... for now I can only blame the drivers.

I'm installing every nightly build of CM 11.0 in the hope that I'm wrong and it's only an internal problem and with one the updates it'll be fixed :)

Thank you for your reply ! I'm happy to see that people are trying to help !

Guest step89_la

can anyone with this rom run antutu benchmark

I run antutu benchmark without problem. I have have chil360 kernel and dragonx monster swap. Score is 8000+.

Guest SIMONPRO

I run antutu benchmark without problem. I have have chil360 kernel and dragonx monster swap. Score is 8000+.

thanks but i have huawei y300 and my score is 6000+ 

i dont know if my device is the same as yours and i am running stock rom B189

Guest step89_la

I have g510 and i'm running cm11 dazzozo rom. It's very good rom, fast and without random reboot. My free ram memory is from 150 to 200 mb. Trust me about this switch to this rom install chil kernel and dragonx swap and send antutu score.

Edited by step89_la

Guest SIMONPRO

I have g510 and i'm running cm11 dazzozo rom. It's very good rom, fast and without random reboot. My free ram memory is from 150 to 200 mb. Trust me about this switch to this rom install chil kernel and dragonx swap and send antutu score.

do you have link to chil kernel and dragonx swap

Guest step89_la

SIMONPRO You have link for kernel in development slimkat rom topic and dragonx link is standalone topic also in development for ours phones. Sorry for my bad english. ☺

Guest SIMONPRO

SIMONPRO You have link for kernel in development slimkat rom topic and dragonx link is standalone topic also in development for ours phones. Sorry for my bad english. ☺

no worry English is not my primary language. I am Tanzanian, Swahili is primary language

Guest j-beltran

I have the G510 and can't make the benmark. It starts perfectly but when it begins the 3D graphics test it just make the phone to restart, with or without the rendering on. What could it be?

Guest Taiji2078

The drivers m8. Our Adrendo 203 GPU drivers aren't updated for KitKat. It is normal to have random restarts. The only thing you can do is to install evevrything like step89_la says.

Guest david-rf

Could you please be a little bit more specific and give links to download this stuff? Thanks

no worry English is not my primary language. I am Tanzanian, Swahili is primary language

How do you say "My phone reboots every 30 seconds" in Swahili? :) Mine does.

Edited by david-rf

Guest SH3H1

Is this an official cynogenmod forum for U8833.

Can i post logcat here...will it be fixed?

It is the official forum of our Unofficia Cyanogenmod..,Since the developer is quit for several months the chance to get problems fixed is low :(

Guest spikypotato
This ROM is working good. Yeah, there's some random reboots sometimes but this ROM is still NIGHTLY, so, what do you expect, right? ;) Still can't believe our Y300 can run KitKat, though. :P Now my Y300 looks more Nexus 5-ish. 

Some games I usually play on Jelly Bean runs better on KitKat (maybe it's just my feelings or something). For example Need for Speed Most Wanted was a bit stuttering sometimes on Jelly Bean (4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.2.2) but runs more smoothly on KitKat (very, very, very little stuttering). I'm pretty sure it will run more smoothly if our phone drivers were updated for KitKat. 

----------------------------------------------

About that Chil360 kernel, I don't know if it's just me or... when I flash this kernel on this ROM, my phone keeps popping up "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped". So that's why I reverted to dazzozo's stock CM 3.4 kernel.

I also have flashed DragonX Neutral Swap but I sense no improvement on the performance of my phone. 

Thank God I made a Nandroid backup. :D