[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest mRibti

Sounds like it`s not booting. But you still can boot in recovery right ? If not , shut down the phone completely , remove the battery , put the battery back in and hold volume up + power it should work. About the restore function , it never worked in TWRP for me so there you go , it might be lost. But maybe someone knows better than me and can help you more.

Hi mate thanks for reply ... you got it, i can still boot into Twrp 2.6 or 2.7 its not bricked or anything ... but i did restore back the slimkat through twrp after the other one stoped booting ... well i'll keep the backup maybe someone else knows ... 

Guest luca020400

Hi mate thanks for reply ... you got it, i can still boot into Twrp 2.6 or 2.7 its not bricked or anything ... but i did restore back the slimkat through twrp after the other one stoped booting ... well i'll keep the backup maybe someone else knows ...

You can try to fix the permissions

Go to twrp > advanced settings > fix permissions

Guest mRibti

You can try to fix the permissions

Go to twrp > advanced settings > fix permissions

I will make sure I try this next time I have this issue .. Fortunately, I re-restored the old cm11 which was still not booting ...then I dirty flashed latest cm11 build on top, wiped d.cache n cached then it came back to life .. I think the dirty flashed fixed some broken links... Thumbs up

I think backup from old TWRP can only be restored with itself !

Try downgrading TWRP and restore the backup

I did try that earlier also but it did not work :( but I am happy you guys replied to me post ..

I still have the network signal drop ... Sometimes I have to reboot the device 3 or more times to detect network ... I think its only g330 related ...anyone knows ... ???

Guest andrea2107

I will make sure I try this next time I have this issue .. Fortunately, I re-restored the old cm11 which was still not booting ...then I dirty flashed latest cm11 build on top, wiped d.cache n cached then it came back to life .. I think the dirty flashed fixed some broken links... Thumbs up

I did try that earlier also but it did not work :( but I am happy you guys replied to me post ..

I still have the network signal drop ... Sometimes I have to reboot the device 3 or more times to detect network ... I think its only g330 related ...anyone knows ... ???

Using slimkat 6.6 on my g330,no problems here

Guest Dazzozo

I don't really know why people insist on treating this ROM like I intend it to be a final and polished product.

They're nightlies, no one said they were stable, the whole purpose of them is to shout at me when the build breaks so I can fix it. It often seems like having forum threads for them is beneficial to no one.

Use whatever ROM you want, but at the end of the day you're using something I had a part in creating because a lot of them incorporate my work.

...anyway, sorry there hasn't been anything happening in the last few days, too much real life. :P

Guest SH3H1

@Dazzozo

People think because they hear about kitkat™ alot and it is really designed for our device ! They keep complaining "Why 'that' doesn't work?" thinking it should because KK™ is ours (?)

It's unsupported hardware but no one is aware of it :P

And you know...,the ROM really have a feel of Final and Polished Product ! Only few bugs are present,that can be why people want to have a fix for the bugs quick ! It's really awesome work !

There is two bugs in my list,without which the ROM is just PERFECT

1- Laggy UI (lack of hardware accelerated UI+Lack of proper GPU driver :huh: )

2- Voip

Guest djkiodo

@Dazzozo

People think because they hear about kitkat™ alot and it is really designed for our device ! They keep complaining "Why 'that' doesn't work?" thinking it should because KK™ is ours (?)

And you know...,the ROM really have a feel of Final and Polished Product ! Only few bugs are present,that can be why people want to have a fix for the bugs quick ! It's really awesome work !

2- Voip

+1.

anyway thank you for your work Dazzozo.

Edited by djkiodo

Guest PhilRandal

I don't really know why people insist on treating this ROM like I intend it to be a final and polished product.

They're nightlies, no one said they were stable, the whole purpose of them is to shout at me when the build breaks so I can fix it. It often seems like having forum threads for them is beneficial to no one.

Use whatever ROM you want, but at the end of the day you're using something I had a part in creating because a lot of them incorporate my work.

...anyway, sorry there hasn't been anything happening in the last few days, too much real life. :P

It's a bit of a paradox Daz, but your biggest fans can seem to be your worst critics.

You've done an amazing job, and we all appreciate the tremendous work you've put in on getting KitKat working on the humble Y300.

For me at least, it's less problematic than the original (B175) ROM my phone shipped with.

Many thanks.

+1.

anyway thank you for your work Dazzozo.

+1 and i never complained about your work  ^_^ for me you have done the most outstanding work for our devices :D

@Dazzozo

2- Voip

And i also agree with SH3H1

Guest commandline1984

Simple:

We users are Stupid. Somebody starts something edgy and People jump on it seeing that they could make their (and mine too) cheap device up-to-date.

And then they take everything in the Development-Section for Stable unless it is marked as "Bricks your Device 99,8% of the time".

I mean, KK isnt stable and here were a few people crying about Android L.

Guest kenryk

There will always be people complaining irrespective of the rom's stability and performance. It isn't perfect, and may never be mainly thanks to Qualcomm. However, it is at a stage where it can be used "safely" as a daily driver, with only a handful of bugs remaining, and not many phones can boast with this. I had a G300 on which I was running Daz's CM10.2, before CM11 was released, and it was working almost flawlessly (that is until I flashed the beta kernel and bricked it). I managed to acquire a G510 now, and installed this rom as soon as I got it. To say the least, I adore it, and would never consider going back to stock.

I can only give my sincere thanks to Daz and the whole G300/G510 developer community for basically adding a touch of magic to these devices.

Guest QUANTRONIUM    S.G.T

To Dazzozo:

Thank you for your work and time on this rom, I am eternally grateful, you gave us kit Kat. God bless you man!

I think we have discussed this topic about "problems and annoying unstability"often enough over the last 169 pages in this thread and we even have people left who haven't got it.

I said everything I want to say in a post a month ago:

About the "instability": We don't have hardware-blobs for >4.1 and because of that no hardware-acceleration for later Roms - Daz can't change that. We have FM on our CM11 - most others don't.

Issues are mostly caused by the changes, CM makes and not by Dazozzos changes. So don't blame him for not supporting or looking at issues, because he can't change problems he isn't responsible for and he is fixing problems which are caused by his modifications.

With hardware it's the same with every other unofficial CM - on some devices you can use drivers/sources/... from other devices with same hardware-pieces and newer software - but not on ours which was discussed often enough.

And everybody who's thinking that todays nightlys are hell-unstable and have a lot of random reboots - guys you haven't checked the first nightlys, they had lots of random reboots, compared to them todays are stable. If you're having more than one reboot a day, you should check your apps and when you set up your CM - mostly a simple format of /system and an install of the newest Build will help (you won't loose any data if you're doing this except things you changed on /system).

When you flash it with a Full-Wipe infront and latest GApps and no other Mods, this CM11 is nearly stable (I'm not talking about battery-consumption!) but please remind everytime: It's unofficial with old Blobs and modded device-trees to make it working. We can be happy to have a 4.4 ROM (on whichs sources every other 4.4-Rom for our Y300 is based on).

And again thank you Daz for spending your free time to get things working on our low-cost device :)

Greetings from Germany, Shadowghost

Tum saley sab ke sab madarchod ho randi ke bachcho. Tm sab ki behano ki choot dhere dhere marunga. :wub: :wub:

Oye...aisa math man-na ki yaham sirf tum ho jo hindi janthe ho... :lol:

Acha hai ki inhe kuch nahi samaj ayega..par aisa dhoosro ko kahna achi bath nahi hai :P

Samje bachchu? :Lol:

Guest TheHindu

Oye...aisa math man-na ki yaham sirf tum ho jo hindi janthe ho... :lol:

Acha hai ki inhe kuch nahi samaj ayega..par aisa dhoosro ko kahna achi bath nahi hai :P

Samje bachchu? :lol:

Bhai mein in firangiyo se pareshan ho gya hoon. Yh hamesha bakwas krte rhte hai kuch na kuch 

Please english not indian

Yeah of course...same feel when other does in their language , just wanted to make you feel it too :P

What we spoke was "Hindi" ! Only one of the 20+ languages that is being spoken in different corners in india (and national language)

If i started to say my language i'm pretty sure that even the guy i was talking to before won't understand a bit :lol: INDIA is language rich :)

And sorry too....i used to be someone who promote using ENGLISH !

But excited to see a brother from my country :P

Edited by SH3H1