[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest xSergioHp.

KitKat is dead, so I have a question... Is Lollipop for Y300 able to reach the stability of KitKat? I am pretty satisfied with KitKat stability...

I think yes, because we have the best devs ;)

I think yes, because we have the best devs ;)

This is as true as stability is (also) a driver matter. KitKat is a little buggy with videos because of drivers, I can think the same about Lollipop and I'm worried about new bugs due to drivers.

Our wonderful devs are still human, I don't think they can make miracles  :P

Edited by Guest

Guest spanitzer

KitKat is dead, so I have a question... Is Lollipop for Y300 able to reach the stability of KitKat? I am pretty satisfied with KitKat stability...

Lollipop is out since this month.

Nothing is stable!

Lollipop is out since this month.

Nothing is stable!

Maybe you should read the text. He asked / said "to reach" not the currently status.. :)

By the way.. You'll need now display-caf for Lollipop? If yes, so you'll port this for Kitkat too? Or it's to different?

Just read some about display-caf with some issues. It takes a while until it works, hm?

Edited by seluce

Guest TheMasterSoda

Hey, it's me again. I have to say it's a great rom! No restarts after swapping to chil 0.53 kernel whatsoever and the phone battery has been performing nicely indeed. Anyways, when i'm trying to flash the new nightlies the phone just restarts while saying "Installing update...". Any ideas why that would happen? I tried putting the zip file in sd0, sd1, enabling/disabling USB debugging, but none of those actually worked. After restarting the phone just stays with the last version i had flashed. Im doing this with CWM 6.0.4.5 recovery, but all the things i could think of don't seem to solve the problem :/

Guest TheMasterSoda

Use TWRP recovery.

But why, if it is suggested to use CWM 6.0.4.5 and it worked flashing ROM the first time? What is so different about TWRP that i should use it instead?

Guest killadroid

But why, if it is suggested to use CWM 6.0.4.5 and it worked flashing ROM the first time? What is so different about TWRP that i should use it instead?

just use twrp if u don't want then don't ask nooby questions

Guest andrea2107

Yes,he doesn' trust US :p,btw i would absolutely Like to compile his sources,sorry if i am appealing here too,but this is the tread with more views,i already compiled a nameless build,but my PC was tooooooooo slow (8 hours to compile) so i need your help!if you have a dedicated server i could compile from it and setup Jenkins,but this is hard,so if you want me to work(i can mantain roms updated when good dev Like Luca will leave US :) ) i need your help

So to compile i don't need nothing too powered,i think i can do it with only 200€,but my family is having a bad moment and we haven't money(I compiled with an AMD 64 x2 and 2 gb RAM,8 hours to compile nameless ) i am asking for you to donate even 1€ to my PayPal [email protected]

With only 200 € i can build a pc and help you guys,devs are normal people that buy new device,eloygomez(and eloymus i think) stopped working on android,daz and chil will continue to build cm12 and slimLP,but for other roms?we are so lucky to have these dev building roms and releasing their sources,but we can have more feature packed roms of these( i am referring to nameless and mahdi)

I have the time to do this,but not the resources,it's your time now!i am not begging for donations,but i love android and i wanna contribute to the community(and i have nothing good to do ahhahaha)

I will not beg if you don't want to donate,is your choice ;)

Guest TheMasterSoda

just use twrp if u don't want then don't ask nooby questions

Wow the hate. Go have a smoke or something, you need to relax man ;)

Anyways, i tried using TWRP, but still having the same issue, so i guess it's not recovery related problem. Any other ideas on what could cause this?

Guest andrea2107

Wow the hate. Go have a smoke or something, you need to relax man ;)

Anyways, i tried using TWRP, but still having the same issue, so i guess it's not recovery related problem. Any other ideas on what could cause this?

Has your phone enough battery?

Guest TheMasterSoda

Has your phone enough battery?

Yes, 70% is more than enough. I believe it has something to do with root rights or whatnot. The installation hangs as soon as it starts installing the actual ROM. It goes through md5 checks and then just restarts. Tried downloading zip again, in case its corrupted, but didnt work. While in CWM, after installing any zip, like kernels, gapps, etc, after doing so, it always asked if i wanted to restore root, because it might be lost. Could it be that the device somehow got unrooted and that's why it doesnt let me flash the new ROM in?

Guest andrea2107

Yes, 70% is more than enough. I believe it has something to do with root rights or whatnot. The installation hangs as soon as it starts installing the actual ROM. It goes through md5 checks and then just restarts. Tried downloading zip again, in case its corrupted, but didnt work. While in CWM, after installing any zip, like kernels, gapps, etc, after doing so, it always asked if i wanted to restore root, because it might be lost. Could it be that the device somehow got unrooted and that's why it doesnt let me flash the new ROM in?

Try to disable md5 check

Guest TheMasterSoda

Try to disable md5 check

Not related, because it simply skips it, because there's no md5 hash in the zip file. CWM didnt even check for it, but still acted the same. This is not related :/