GApps for CM11 (last updated: 2015-03-13)

Guest rhen

Are there any differences between this flashable Google services and the automatic update when installing the rom?

The same question goes to Google search, any advantages by flashing the addon modules?

No, there is no difference. The only purpose of the Play Services package to save some space (24MB) on /data.

Mostly the same with other modules.

Edited by rhen

Thanks for the explanation, so we save some space on data by sacrificing space on system

Exactly.

Free space is waste of space on /system, so better to put things there if we have free space there.

Guest choslimi

Up-To-Date Play Services package introduced to save some space on /data (24MB). I didn't wanted to include this in the base gapps package to keep the gapps package "universal".

It replaces the existing one with the latest 4.4.52 (1174655-034) version.

Please remove Google Play Services update before flashing the update to save some (24MB) space on /data partition.

After the installation, there will be only 7MB free space remain on /system.

Hi rhen,

Can you please clarify what you mean by "remove Google Play Services update". How do I remove it? What are the steps I need to follow?

Thanks,

Hi rhen,

Can you please clarify what you mean by "remove Google Play Services update". How do I remove it? What are the steps I need to follow?

Thanks,

Go to Google Settings -> Android Device Manager and turn off Remotely locate this device.

Go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play services -> Uninstall updates

After this, you can update your gapps if needed and install play services modul.

Guest choslimi

Go to Google Settings -> Android Device Manager and turn off Remotely locate this device.

Go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play services -> Uninstall updates

After this, you can update your gapps if needed and install play services modul.

Hi rhen,

I didn't know about the "Google Settings" part (which was unticked anyway) and when I go to the "Settings -> Apps" part, there are never any updates to uninstall, so I guess I am all up to date.

Many thanks for this gapps package, and for your quick answer to my question. And many thanks to all at Modaco for putting this CM11 rom on the G300.

choslimi

Gapp, Play services and Google Search updated.

changes:
- Google Bookmarks Sync updated to v4.4-927798
- Improved feedback to user in case of failed install - Thanks @bigsupersquid for the suggestion and code.
- Google Play Services updated to v5.0.82 (1253724-034) in the Play services package - download moved to the addon modules folder
- Google Search updated to v3.5.14.1234234.arm in the Google search module

Does anyone actually use the modules? Google Search, Offline speech recognition or any of the delete modules?
I'm thinking of stop updating modules (except Play services) since there is not much use with such a small free space.

I added a poll to able to see the module usage.
Edited by rhen

Guest gl33mer

Hey rhen

First time I install a custom rom. 

Went from ICS (vodafone - blah) to CM11 with your gapps. 

Followed your instructions to the letter. Very simple. Like magic.

Seems to work well. 

Thanks for your help.

Guest theratn

Hi! Noob here.

I just installed CM11 and tried to install the latest GApps from this thread.

However, the GApps install fails due to insufficient storage space on the system partition.

It says I need 130492 KB but only have 41776 KB available. The original post said there should be enough space with the latest nightly and the gapps. 

I formatted the /system partition as the instructions said, but still nothing.

Should I try another zip instead of the pa_gapps-modular-really-micro-4.4.4-20140629-signed, currently available on the links in the original post?

Is there a step I'm missing and failing to free up space?

Thanks!

*edit* - Whoops! My noob is showing. I copied the wrong zip to the SD. I got both GApps versions, one from the link you provided and one from the xda-developers mentioned in the CM11 thread. Your version installed OK.

Edited by theratn

• 2 weeks later...

GApps and Play Services packages updated.

Google Search and Offline speech recognition files (only for en-US) modules will be no longer updated.

I don't think there is any benefit of remove modules too. (Since there is not enough space for additional modules even if use all of the remove modules)

I will not follow these modules. Please notice if any of it needs to be updated.

Edited by rhen

GApps package updated.

- Google Play Store updated to v4.9.13
- Added Google Play services v5.0.84 (1259630-034) as the default Google Play Service. - Play services module no longer needed
   - if you use this package on a device which has other screen density, you will still receive a silent update (from Google) to the proper version for your device.

The new play store has growth 1 MB again.
We only left 4MB space on /system.

Edit.:
After updating to 20140725 version, the free space left is only 3MB.
Edited by rhen

Guest Johnny English

Hi, I have this problem: Once I've installed cm-11-20140726-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip , when I install pa_gapps-modular-really-micro-4.4.4-20140723-signed, I get this error:

Insufficient storage space available in System partition. You may want to use a smaller GApps (i.e. BaNKS Minimal GApps)

You need 39908 KB system free space.
You only have 39604 KB available.

Please, help me!! :( :unsure:

Hi, I have this problem: Once I've installed cm-11-20140726-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip , when I install pa_gapps-modular-really-micro-4.4.4-20140723-signed, I get this error:

Insufficient storage space available in System partition. You may want to use a smaller GApps (i.e. BaNKS Minimal GApps)

You need 39908 KB system free space.

You only have 39604 KB available.

Please, help me!! :( :unsure:

Try clean update as described in the first post. If it doesn't help, it seems like the ROM become too large.

I'll update the updater script to require only 2MB free space. (now require 3MB)

Let me know if the update don't work.

Guest Johnny English

Try clean update as described in the first post. If it doesn't help, it seems like the ROM become too large.

I'll update the updater script to require only 2MB free space. (now require 3MB)

Let me know if the update don't work.

First of all, thanks for the reply, rhen.

I tried the clean upgrade, but I have always the same problem...

Are there news, rhen? :mellow:

10-20 minutes (my upload speed is really slow now)

Updated version online now.

Edited by rhen

Guest Johnny English

10-20 minutes (my upload speed is really slow now)

Updated version online now.

Great job! It works perfectly, now! :D

Thanks a lot, rhen! You have been very friendly! :)

Hopefully in the next update, the ROM doesn't become too large!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

i have installed both but is doesn't work.

other options?

Do you installed as described in the description?

• Ensure you have deleted your corporate accounts before continuing. This will not fix an already installed device admin.
  • Download and Install "Xposed Installer"
  • Open the Xposed Installer, tap Framework, tap Install/Update - a lot of people are missing this step.
  • Reboot device
  • Install one of the linked module at the Downloads section
  • Enable module in Xposed -> Modules
  • Reboot again
  • Add account in mail
  • May say security is required but should not come up and ask to create device administrator.
  • Success!

And don't use both at the same time.

Do you installed as described in the description?

And don't use both at the same time.

;-)

No i din't, but i follewd the intructions and it works!

thanks!!

GApps package updated.

You don't have to update if you were on the latest version. Changes are only some cleanup in the scripts due to switching the base to Nano and some stuff removed from the installer.

(I done a clean update to reveal some space on system. So I use the AOSP calendar again instead of Google Calendar)

Changelog:

- Rebase on PA GApps Nano-Modular package for easier maintenance
- Removed optional face unlocking part of the GApps (It doesn't included in the Nano package and the G300 doesn't have a front facing camera, so it has not much use to keep it in the package)
- Google Calendar removed from the package (for saving some space)

I suggest everyone to update to the latest nano based GApps package. The free space on /system with the micro based package went below 1MB (0,68MB to be exact). As a result, micro based packages won't install anymore due to lack of space. With the new package you will have 1,72MB free space.

I suggest the clean update because previous GApps packages have overwritten the system\priv-app\CalendarProvider.apk files with the one in the GApps package and this file doesn't included in the latest version so you need the ROM version of it.

GApps package updated.

Changes:

- Based on PA-Google Apps Pico Modular now (basically the only changes is lowered buffer size and replaced Play Services)
- Google Calendar Sync updated to v4.4.4-1230475

It seems like this will be the last package what fits on the /system partition without needed to delete some system app.
It seems like Play Services 6.1 will be 7MB larger than the current one and Play Store 5.0 is also on the way.

So future GApps versions will delete the following stuff as needed:
CMWallpapers, LiveWallpapers, Movie Studio

Any suggestion is welcomed. What to delete from the original ROM?