Phone won't turn on.

Guest teniz

The last few days, when i locked my phone it would turn off sometimes. It started to happen even more often and sometimes it wouldn't boot, only after a bunch of tries. But now it won't turn on anymore. It turns on, shows the white acer logo and then turns off. I can't even reach to the hard reset, only fast boot. What can i do? My warranty is reaching to the end, i want to send it to fix dead pixels, but it's rooted..

Help, please, im desperate.

Edited by teniz

Guest Spacecaker

The last few days, when i locked my phone it would turn off sometimes. It started to happen even more often and sometimes it wouldn't boot, only after a bunch of tries. But now it won't turn on anymore. It turns on, shows the white acer logo and then turns off. I can't even reach to the hard reset, only fast boot. What can i do? My warranty is reaching to the end, i want to send it to fix dead pixels, but it's rooted..

Help, please, im desperate.[/quote

in recovery install Stock.zip

and try that or flashother rom

maybe u corrupted system thanks to root apps]

I dont think. I had only xposed and gravitybox installed and also acer shell disabled, using yours statusbar. The last apps i installed was some games from the google store.

I can't enter recovery. How do i flash? I don't have ADT and i dont know where to find it.

Edited by teniz

Try this:

1. Install ADB and Fastboot executables if you haven't done so
  2. Download this kernel
  3. Power off phone
  4. Hold VOL UP + Power to boot into fastboot
  5. Connect phone to computer
  6. Try to do a tethered boot: 
  7. fastboot boot RECA005_Kernel_v1.img
  8. If you see "RECA s005 Kernel v1" in the lower left corner your phone can succesfully boot the kernel. Then try to install it (while in Fastboot mode):
  9. fastboot flash boot RECA005_Kernel_v1.img

You can also try to run a custom recovery and install a fresh ROM or try to explore your system partition with Filemanager:

1. Grab TWRP here
  2. Power up in fastboot and type:
  3. fastboot boot TWRP_2.5.0.0_S500_v1.3.img
  4. Then try to install a ROM

Guest Spacecaker

Try this:

2. Download this kernel
  3. Power off phone
  4. Hold VOL UP + Power to boot into fastboot
  5. Connect phone to computer
  6. Try to do a tethered boot: 
  7. fastboot boot RECA005_Kernel_v1.img
  8. If you see "RECA s005 Kernel v1" in the lower left corner your phone can succesfully boot the kernel. Then try to install it (while in Fastboot mode):
  9. fastboot flash boot RECA005_Kernel_v1.img

You can also try to run a custom recovery and install a fresh ROM or try to explore your system partition with Filemanager:

1. Grab TWRP here
  2. Power up in fastboot and type:
  3. fastboot boot TWRP_2.5.0.0_S500_v1.3.img
  4. Then try to install a ROM

wasnt it this as commands ?

fastboot -i 0x0502 boot *****.img 

(**** is the name of file)as

the -i 0x0502 selects the USB Port/Driver for the Acer Fastboot mode.

atleast i used it this way always and also when i installed drivers on ubuntu i used those ports and such

Thanks for the help, but can you just tell me how to proceed on this step? Sorry, newbie here.

What do i have to install? I'm running windows 8.

Edited by teniz

wasnt it this as commands ?

fastboot -i 0x0502 boot *****.img 

(**** is the name of file)as

the -i 0x0502 selects the USB Port/Driver for the Acer Fastboot mode.

atleast i used it this way always and also when i installed drivers on ubuntu i used those ports and such

I use -i 0x0502 when more than one ADB device is connected. When you just have your S500 connected it is not nessecary to use the  -i 0x0502 switch

Thanks. I've tried the first suggest you made and it didn't work. Then the second one, this appeared and the cellphone went off.

a366db99498a003bc8b517af02708da4.png

Edited by teniz

If the phone won't boot they'll be unable to understand if it's rooted or not... simply sent it for repair specifying "The phone doesn't boot and has dead pixels"