[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest ZteLegend

Konstat, this has been bothering me for a while

It's not related to blade 3 tho

I bought a tablet recently, doesn't matter which one

I got to choose between 4 cores + 1.2 ghz

or

2 cores + 1.6 ghz

I picked the 4 core

how big of a mistake did I make?

They both costed equally 

About that image rendering bug: i can confirm that it exist in stock browser, but in firefox there is no problem in viewing images (i opened same pages, and tested it.... so far, no problems)

Yeah, it only affects apps that use Android's native webrendering. Firefox has it's own gecko rendering engine.

hello,

under this ROM my mobile's Light Sensor is not working.

How do I solve this problem?

Thank you.

Hardware failure? Make sure you've made a clean install following instruction in the third post and check if you get a reading from ALS/proximity sensor using e.g. CPU-Z. Some Acqua variants have had issues with proximity calibration but afaik light sensor still worked. Here's a link to the old proximity calibration workaround.

Konstat, this has been bothering me for a while

It's not related to blade 3 tho

I bought a tablet recently, doesn't matter which one

I got to choose between 4 cores + 1.2 ghz

or

2 cores + 1.6 ghz

I picked the 4 core

how big of a mistake did I make?

They both costed equally 

And you're still making the mistake thinking that only number of cores and frequency made the difference.

What types of CPU cores are we talking about? What chipset vs. what other chipset?

Guest cszolee79

Thank you KonstaT, this ROM made my factory 4.0.4 (Telenor HU) so much better, it's incredible.

No more jerky UI, no lagging, amazing. Free RAM went from 80mb to 150-180mb, all apps open almost instantly (even when not preloaded).

So far all functions work perfectly, and the whole thing is way faster than before.

Guest Vlado_KV

Just when I thought I saw it all

Never happened to me

Did you follow the instructions?

And you can't flash stock with CM

Yes. I finally flash on stock rom. Everything is working normally again. :D

Guest ZteLegend

Yeah, it only affects apps that use Android's native webrendering. Firefox has it's own gecko rendering engine.

Hardware failure? Make sure you've made a clean install following instruction in the third post and check if you get a reading from ALS/proximity sensor using e.g. CPU-Z. Some Acqua variants have had issues with proximity calibration but afaik light sensor still worked. Here's a link to the old proximity calibration workaround.

And you're still making the mistake thinking that only number of cores and frequency made the difference.

What types of CPU cores are we talking about? What chipset vs. what other chipset?

• Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
  • Google Play
  • 4 GB
  • Capacitive multi-touch screen
  • Quad-Core Cortex A9 1.2 GHz processor
  • 1 GB DDR3 RAM
  • Built-in 300K front camera
  • Wi-Fi N 150 Mbps
  • MicroSDXC™ expandable up to 64 GB
  • Battery capacity 2250 mAh
  • This is the one I bought

• Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
  • Google Play
  • 4 GB
  • Capacitive multi-touch screen
  • Quad-Core Cortex A9 1.2 GHz processor
  • 1 GB DDR3 RAM
  • Built-in 300K front camera
  • Wi-Fi N 150 Mbps
  • MicroSDXC™ expandable up to 64 GB
  • Battery capacity 2250 mAh
  • This is the one I bought

Still no info what the chipset is (AMLogic, Allwinner, Actions, Rockchip, MediaTek, etc). Those specs are quite terrible too (shouldn't cost no more than 50$). Either way you're likely screwed with noname Chinese tablets. Enjoy your Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. ;)

Guest anonymous-user77

Hi KonstaT I`m new here and bought this phone afew days ago its not my first android phone and I have some knowledge of building/compiling on Ubuntu, my problem is this......

I synced up all your sources via your device tree for atlas40 branch cm11 instructions on github, my build environment is correct as far as I`m aware but I`ve encountered this error

make: *** No rule to make target `/home/linux/android/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/android_webview_java_intermediates/javalib.jar', needed by `/home/linux/android/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/webviewchromium_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I searched around on the internet and most posts point to webkit entries in the Boardconfig.mk could you shed some light and or help with this matter it would be much appreciated....the reason in the 1st place to try and compile a build was to have an updated version.

EDIT: My bad I should read more, you supplied patches on the 3rd post of this thread lol

Edited by anonymous-user77

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hi Konsta,

It took me a bit by surprise - the camcorder isn't working. A brilliant opportunity to video something was missed - after many months of not bothering. Curses. I hope this log helps:

Catlog-2014-09-22-15-13-50.txt

It was made immediately after a reboot, so at least you'll be able to see what is going on. I've also tried installing an alternate custom ROM (JellyBeer) and that works. I also installed the only previous build of yours I have (from June?). Your previous build has the same problem, but Jelly Beer doesn't. Mind you, that's not KitKat, so it may not even be the issue. Is it possible that the camcorder won't work for us from here on out? Pass :S

Thanks for your consideration anyhow.

Guest anonymous-user77

Yep I can confirm the above issue on your last build for cm11 4.4.4   = recording of a video does not work properly, you can hear sound and see black screen only. However playing of general videos from "other" sources does work.

Can anybody confirm if video recording is working in any other previous builds of cm11?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Yeah well spotted. I should have asked that question. ;)

Anyways, I'm downloading the 20140521 build to see if that's going to help any. Now that I think about it, perhaps one of these builds has had a working camcorder, I just can't remember back well enough to be certain. Perhaps I'm getting confused about the front-facing camera issues we had.

[offtopic]Where has this year gone?[/offtopic]

Will test and report back ;)

Guest anonymous-user77

Thx, I`m just in the process of finishing a compiled version of cm11 from KonstaT`s sources/patches  I think theres some clues in the device tree commits but once the build has completed I`ll test it and report back. 

I can also confirm that camcorder should be working in the latest, as well as the previous, cm11 builds. It's one of the things I always test before releasing a build.

Either way, I haven't had a Blade III in a while anymore so there's nothing I could do about anyway...

Guest anonymous-user77

@KonstaT thx for the reply, I compiled from your sources/patches and with the completed build the camera recording and playback now works, maybe to do with commits/source updates since your latest build not sure, either way its working for me now.....

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I can also confirm that camcorder should be working in the latest, as well as the previous, cm11 builds. It's one of the things I always test before releasing a build.

Either way, I haven't had a Blade III in a while anymore so there's nothing I could do about anyway...

Okay thank you much. I guess re-downloading might be a good idea.

@KonstaT thx for the reply, I compiled from your sources/patches and with the completed build the camera recording and playback now works, maybe to do with commits/source updates since your latest build not sure, either way its working for me now.....

Glad to hear that ;)

It may just be an Acqua thing, I don't know (or truly believe so). Again, a case of re-download methinks *crossing fingers*

Hello guys!

Rookie question here: Is this related in any way with our ROM?

With CM11 it is, and I guess its quite probable now that we won't be getting it.

Guest anonymous-user77

Btw, KonstaT I`ve had a msm7227a based device before and was wondering if this blade III has Vsync or some fps lock or updated adreno libraries as the build/s seem slightly laggy in parts.....not a complaint but was just asking question.

No, it's always worked afaik. I don't know if it can be a bit flaky sometimes (closing/restarting camera app or rebooting the device helps).

Hello guys!

Rookie question here: Is this related in any way with our ROM?

This is not an official CyanogenMod device so this makes absolutely no difference here.

Btw, KonstaT I`ve had a msm7227a based device before and was wondering if this blade III has Vsync or some fps lock or updated adreno libraries as the build/s seem slightly laggy in parts.....not a complaint but was just asking question.

What msm7x27a device? This device doesn't utilize ION memory allocator (unlike msm7x27a devices that received an official update to 4.1 Jelly Bean) so we're stuck with PMEM and ancient Adreno blobs.

Guest anonymous-user77

It was Htc Explorer aka Pico on xda, uses ION alloc and new adreno blobs, originally it came with 2.3.5 but has been developed to cm11 (unofficial builds)

cant post links for some reason

EDIT: changed browser can now post links

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-explorer/orig-development   dev section

https://github.com/sachinthomaspj/android_device_htc_pico   device tree 

https://github.com/sachinthomaspj/android_kernel_htc_pico   kernel source

https://github.com/Kirmaniarslan/android_hardware_qcom_display-caf  qcom display - caf source

its officially a MSM7225A but uses MSM7x27A in device tree boardconfig.mk variant

so would it possible to implement them, I know you dont own the device now but I can help compile/test

It was Htc Explorer aka Pico on xda, uses ION alloc and new adreno blobs, originally it came with 2.3.5 but has been developed to cm11 (unofficial builds)

cant post links for some reason

EDIT: changed browser can now post links

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-explorer/orig-development   dev section

https://github.com/sachinthomaspj/android_device_htc_pico   device tree 

https://github.com/sachinthomaspj/android_kernel_htc_pico   kernel source

https://github.com/Kirmaniarslan/android_hardware_qcom_display-caf  qcom display - caf source

its officially a MSM7225A but uses MSM7x27A in device tree boardconfig.mk variant

so would it possible to implement them, I know you dont own the device now but I can help compile/test

I'm very well aware what is going on with development on other msm7x27a/legacy devices. If I though this was something worth doing, I would have already done it while I still had the device. IMO benefits from swithing to ION just aren't greater than the work/time it would have required me to invest in implementing it on this device (feel free to do it yourself though ;)). Also considering that e.g. HTC Explorer has had at least a dozen people working on it while on Blade III it's always been just me alone. Maybe if ZTE had done the right thing and updated this device to 4.1 Jelly Bean (and 3.4 kernel) I could have pushed this device a bit further.

Guest anonymous-user77

I'm very well aware what is going on with development on other msm7x27a/legacy devices. If I though this was something worth doing, I would have already done it while I still had the device. IMO benefits from swithing to ION just aren't greater than the work/time it would have required me to invest in implementing it on this device (feel free to do it yourself though ;)). Also considering that e.g. HTC Explorer has had at least a dozen people working on it while on Blade III it's always been just me alone. Maybe if ZTE had done the right thing and updated this device to 4.1 Jelly Bean (and 3.4 kernel) I could have pushed this device a bit further.

I appreciate your honesty on the subject and I know your work you`ve done for communities over the past few years on zte devices so I understand you have the knowledge to do it and yes doing this by yourself would be a big ask for a legacy device just would nice, I definitely would not be able to do this myself, I have some knowledge of how to implemented it and how to change structures but writing new code is not my thing.

Guest anonymous-user77

Back to the main topic, has anyone noticed the screen seems to be awake abit to much in battery stats causing some drain, checked wakelocks but nothing unusual so it seems.......I havent used my phone. It has been awake but only for afew minutes at most. 

post-1047612-0-65923100-1411483817_thumb

Edit: I think there seems to be a bug in the brightness settings by default its halfway set manually shouldnt be an issue, put it to auto brightness and solves the problem :wacko:  no screen wake

Guest anonymous-user77

Round-up of this ROM

After some days of using a ROM compiled from updated CM11 branch and KonstaT`s LegacyMod/Device/Vendor/Kernel sources (not modified by me in anyway) I can say its a really good ROM indeed. Initially I thought that manual brightness was causing some battery drain but on further investigation I found that it was infact Gapps gpslocationprovider wakelock not being able to sync GPS location for device and causing screen wake 75% of the time, now location is on for "device only" the battery is lasting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer. Everything is working as it should had no problems at all and will be using this rom for a long time to come....Thanks again KonstaT for developing/maintaining and providing Legacy sources for this and many other Phones. 

Guest MJonMoDaCo

There'd be plenty of people willing to do that I'm sure. It's an older chipset now, and somewhat suited to be thrown into any crap device nowadays.

Hi, I could if your interested upload you the fresh compiled version and you can test it might solve the problem like it did for me...

Thanks for your offer, but I figured it out... 

It may just be an Acqua thing, I don't know (or truly believe so). Again, a case of re-download methinks *crossing fingers* 

It was, but it wasn't... We Acqua users might normally use a compatibility patch, and I'd gone and flashed a proximity calibrator first - which was also in the compatibility patch, and therefore flashed twice.

I've not bothered with the compatibility patch, and just done changes to the .zip file. Fun, that.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo