[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

The Fac Res is after flashing the new rom, and the manual data wipe is before. ANd I'm just saying what works for me ;)

I really couldn't care less even if you wiped twenty times under full moon while whispering some magic mantra at the same time. :P

I just know for an absolute fact that it's completely unnecessary...

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I really couldn't care less even if you wiped twenty times under full moon while whispering some magic mantra at the same time. :P

I just know for an absolute fact that it's completely unnecessary...

Konsta... Is it true that even wiping the dalvik cache isn't really necessary as this device doesn't use it (No OTA updates for this device)? Or do some apps actually need it? Or is that the system cache I'm thinking of?

Guest KonstaT

Konsta... Is it true that even wiping the dalvik cache isn't really necessary as this device doesn't use it (No OTA updates for this device)? Or do some apps actually need it? Or is that the system cache I'm thinking of?

It's /cache partition you're thinking of. IIRC stock OTA updates were dowloaded there but now it's not in any use besides CWM recovery writes logs there (/cache/recovery). Dalvik cache is normally stored on /data partition (/data/dalvik-cache) and it's very much required to run Android (optimized dalvik executables that actually run on the machine). Wiping dalvik cache is completely unnecessary but it doesn't do much harm either (just takes longer to reboot). Dalvik cache is verified on each reboot and it will just automatically regenerate when necessary (you'll see that 'Android is upgrading' message).

IMO these options should have been removed from CWM when they cleaned up other placebo options (e.g. wipe battery stats).

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Can someone start making based on Cyanogen 12?

According To Patrick campanale of Gadgtspot:

"They do, however, expect most 512MB of RAM devices to still work fine on CM12, which is a sigh of relief to many users out there. But, alas, if your device isn’t owned by a CM maintainer, you can all but forget support for your device, as the document we received also states:"

Source

Considering our devices superstar dev no longer has the device, and our stand-in compiler has a very dodgy one, I wouldn't hold your breath. It mightn't be worth trying until the made codebase is stabilised at least.

Guest KonstaT

hello,i just installed viber on my phone and when i start it my screen get black and wont open it,it is blocked,any idea???

Already discussed on the previous page. Please use the forum's wonderful search function.

Guest bezkintos

hello,i just installed viber on my phone and when i start it my screen get black and wont open it,it is blocked,any idea???

Already discussed on the previous page. Please use the forum's wonderful search function.

OK, so it is happening again with the newest version 5.2.0.2415 from Dec 15, 2014? I first noticed it with version 5.11.42. and was forced to restore my phone from backup (which has an earlier version of Viber). Is there any explanation why is newer version of Viber not working with this ROM? Is there any chance that some future update of Viber will again work with this ROM or we should never again update Viber?

TNX

Edited by bezkintos

Guest KonstaT

OK, so it is happening again with the newest version 5.2.0.2415 from Dec 15, 2014? I first noticed it with version 5.11.42. and was forced to restore my phone from backup (which has an earlier version of Viber). Is there any explanation why is newer version of Viber not working with this ROM? Is there any chance that some future update of Viber will again work with this ROM or we should never again update Viber?

TNX

IDK, I don't have a device and I haven't even seen any proper logs so I have absolutely no idea what the problem is. Same issue has been reported on other msm7x27a devices as well (at least on Huawei). So you can use an older version, wait and see if a future Viber update fixes the issue, or have someone (not me) fix whatever is causing the problem with the ROM.

Guest bezkintos

Ok. Tnx. I don't have problem with not updateing the viber, just wanted to hear if there is any chance it will start working again by it self - so to say...

Guest kwstas1979

IDK, I don't have a device and I haven't even seen any proper logs so I have absolutely no idea what the problem is. Same issue has been reported on other msm7x27a devices as well (at least on Huawei). So you can use an older version, wait and see if a future Viber update fixes the issue, or have someone (not me) fix whatever is causing the problem with the ROM.

I have uploaded 2 'adb logcat' logs with timestamps and a traces.txt here

Guest KonstaT

I have uploaded 2 'adb logcat' logs with timestamps and a traces.txt here

It would be a bit easier if the log didn't have 150mb(!!!) worth of plain text. Might be easier to find relevant bits and computers wouldn't crash trying to search for keywords... :P

It looks like it fails after trying to load included native library (/data/app-lib/com.viber.voip-1/libVoipEngineNative.so) which again tries to invoke video encoder and doesn't know how to fail gracefully. Most likely happens on recent versions after they've added support for video calls.

Guest kwstas1979

It would be a bit easier if the log didn't have 150mb(!!!) worth of plain text. Might be easier to find relevant bits and computers wouldn't crash trying to search for keywords... :P

If would be much better if you replied politely instead of being such a smartass...

Also,

1. Opening the log files in a decent file editor, eg Notepad++ or Vim, opens them instantly, no crashes, no nothing :rolleyes:

And the two logs are that big because a single line is constantly repeated in both logs:

E/VENC_OMX(  111): OMX_VENC_MSG_HIGH get_parameter::894 OMX_IndexParamVideoPortFormat

Examining the very first part of each log is enough.

2. Otila asked me for logs. I followed his instructions

But are there logs between the launch and reboot?

You know you can run "adb logcat" and it spits out messages as it receives them? Then just start Viber while it is running..

For the sake of helping with this I made 2 logs.

Phone completely hangs from the moment you try to launch Viber and on every next reboot.

During that time, there's nothing you can do until you manage to reboot in Safe Mode.

Therefore, there's no point in me running logcat for smaller intervals.

That's why the 2 logs:

the 1st (log1.txt) is for the interval from the moment I  start Viber until I pressed the power button to reboot, and

the 2nd (log2.txt) is for the next interval (after rebooting) from the moment after inserting PIN.

Edited by kwstas1979

Guest KonstaT

If would be much better if you replied politely instead of being such a smartass...

I'd prefer you practiced your sense of sarcasm. :P

But you do understand that it's a humongous text file. And I did answer the question...

Guest psycotimi

Hello,

first of all, thanks for your zte blade mods, have been using on both blade 1 and blade 3.

This last mod i installed has one quite annoying bug on my phone, all the pictures in internet browser are partially or fully blocked by white rectangle. Tried to install it again, and still having same problem, any tips or straight solutions on what to do?

Timi

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hello,

first of all, thanks for your zte blade mods, have been using on both blade 1 and blade 3.

This last mod i installed has one quite annoying bug on my phone, all the pictures in internet browser are partially or fully blocked by white rectangle. Tried to install it again, and still having same problem, any tips or straight solutions on what to do?

Timi

Okay, I noticed this on the current build by Otila, but mine was fixed by reloading the page. Obviously this answer won't FIX the problem, and possibly in your case, might not be a useful workaround (i.e. it happens twice in a row).

Guest KonstaT

How about searching the thread? It's been asked and answered at least once a page...

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Huoh.

Sorry for being hasty and not using search. Switching to another browser was more than easy enough fix. B)

Yeah well, there's always that... Stock browser is pus. Good to see you sorted it.

Guest Coneeee

How to install:

• boot into ClockWorkMod
  • backup and restore -> backup (makes a nandroid backup of your previous ROM)
  • mounts and storage -> format /system
  • wipe data and factory reset
  • install cm-11-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
  • install gapps-kk-xxxxxxxx-signed.zip
  • reboot now

FAQ:

Q: I can't find developer options and performance settings, why?

A: Settings -> About phone -> Click 'Build number' several times

Q: I don't have reboot options in power menu, why?

A: Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot

Q: When I'm connected with an USB cable to my computer, I can't see my internal sdcard as a storage, why?

A: I've made an executive decision not to include a mount point for internal sdcard. This is because recent Android versions don't allow setting emulated sdcard as secondary storage. Setting rather small emulated sdcard as a primary storage caused issues with games/apps that want to download large amounts of data to the sdcard.

Q: There's no transparent status/navigation bar, why?

A: It has been disabled on low memory devices. You can enable it by removing/commenting/changing to false 'ro.config.low_ram=true' in /system/build.prop. There's also an option that will only force high-end graphics (Setting -> Performance -> Force high-end graphics).

Q: 'OK Google' voice command doesn't work, why? There's no Google Now page on the homescreen, why?
A: These are features of proprietary Google Experience Launcher. You'll have to find and install GE Launcher first. 'OK Google' voice command is also disable on low memory devices (see above).

How to build:

1. Follow instructions on initializing a build environment up to a point of downloading the source code.

2. Initialize CyanogenMod 11 repo.

repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0

3. Add local manifest that downloads ZTE Blade III device config, props and kernel source from my github and few CM replacement projects from legaCyMod github.

curl --create-dirs -L -o .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-11.0/local_manifest.xml
curl -L -o .repo/local_manifests/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-11.0/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml

4. Sync source code.

repo sync

5. Update Terminal Emulator (you only need to this again when Terminal has been updated).

cd path-to/cm11/vendor/cm/
./get-prebuilts

6. Apply patches. There's few patches needed for classic webview (1,2,3,4,5). Copy patches into respective project directories, change into directories and apply patches.

git am -3 patchname.patch

7. Compile.

cd path-to/cm11/
. build/envsetup.sh
brunch atlas40

Use 'repo sync' to pull merged changes from upstream. Use 'make clobber' to clean the build environment. Repeat step 7 to make a new build.

This is my port of CyanogenMod 11 for ZTE Blade III. It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod team. It's for advanced users only.

You will need updated recovery image (CWM, TWRP) to install this build!!!

cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
md5:cee0dec8b0c61fbf56741d03bd210f73

gapps-kk-core-20140608.zip (core gapps package with only essential Google services)
md5:fad7358af1945b2d203e2af29a374cb9

Working:
  • RIL (mobile network & data)
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • 'Project Butter'
  • SD card
  • USB-storage (on external sdcard) & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi-tethering
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • Sensors
  • LEDs
  • FM radio
Not working:
  • ???
Sources:
  • CyanogenMod team & everyone who's been working on CM11

Donators 2014: (Big thanks for your support :))

• kk75
  • bezkintos
  • hbogdanov
  • Mondom Axxxxx x2
  • Nuno Bxx
  • Hampus Bxxxxxxxx
  • Dávid Gxxxxx
  • Michael Wxxxxxx
  • entreprise ixxxxxxxxxxx
  • Björn Wxxxxxx
  • Josua Kxxxx

Can you port Lollipop for Zte Blade 3?

Guest Something Wierd

Quoting the the entire post is quite annoying and wont really get you anywhere.And as much as i hate speaking in anyones name he wont do it for a number of reasons.First of all he no longer owns the phone and even if he commits to porting it there will be a lot of things that wont work.The fact that this phone even runs cm11 is a small miracle.Porting cm12,if possible,will take too much time and it is bound that something wont work if it even works.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Port it? Doubt it highly. Perhaps you mean build it? In which case I think I might have a laugh. This phone hasn't even received a jelly bean kernel, much less a kitkat kernel. Hacks upon hacks. At which point I'd suggest telling Konsta on both our behalf that we're not worthy :D

• 3 weeks later...