• Announcements

• PaulOBrien

Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • PaulOBrien

Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
KonstaT

[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

1315 posts in this topic

Headphones !!!

I've been complaining about the sound quality over the headphones, like, phone is at fault.NOT.I got myself a Jagermeister promo in ear headphones (16 ohms impedance), and the sound is AWESOME !!! 

PS

Only problem is that you have to fix the button on the headphones line. (it has to be constantly pressed).If not, bass will suck.But that is not a real problem.

please do fast this rom 

I mean ultra- slim cm 11

delete google services and anything 

(new rom use max 150 mb ram) is it posiable

19 hours ago, zeka111 said:

please do fast this rom 

I mean ultra- slim cm 11

delete google services and anything 

(new rom use max 150 mb ram) is it posiable

Errm, CyanogenMod doesn't come with Google services. That's why you need to install a separate Gapps package.

You can add/remove/replace apps with your favorite zip tool. There's nothing special about that.

is it possible to flash this rom on unrooted device? i get error superSU binary out of date or something like that.

3 hours ago, lujaluja said:

is it possible to flash this rom on unrooted device? i get error superSU binary out of date or something like that.

You need to a have a custom recovery to install a custom ROM. You only need to have an unlocked/unlockable bootloader to flash a custom recovery. None of this requires root (or SuperSU) in the sense you're likely meaning. Concept of root (having administrative access) is always related to running an operating system. You can have root access in Android - you can have root access in recovery (recovery is a mini OS itself). You can't "root your device".

Installation instruction can be found on the third post of this thread (CWM installation instructions are linked there, too).

When I try to install the cm it says :
The package is for "atlas40" devices; this is a "BladeIIIPro".
btw (Status 7)

What should I do? Please help.

28 minutes ago, ernad said:

When I try to install the cm it says :
The package is for "atlas40" devices; this is a "BladeIIIPro".
btw (Status 7)

What should I do? Please help.

Go and get yourself the right device (Blade III) or install ROMs that are meant for your device (Blade III Pro). Completely different devices with completely different hardware.

6 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Go and get yourself the right device (Blade III) or install ROMs that are meant for your device (Blade III Pro). Completely different devices with completely different hardware.

But I can't find those ROMs.

Hello Everyone,

I have an issue installing this ROM. Tried several times...CWM recovery installation was successful, copied the zip file to SD. After that reboot to recovery OK, wipe data/factory reset OK, wipe cache partition OK. However when I start the zip file installation I always get the same error:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature

E: signature verification failed

Any idea? I'm on the latest available factory ROM.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, anick1975 said:

Hello Everyone,

I have an issue installing this ROM. Tried several times...CWM recovery installation was successful, copied the zip file to SD. After that reboot to recovery OK, wipe data/factory reset OK, wipe cache partition OK. However when I start the zip file installation I always get the same error:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature

E: signature verification failed

Any idea? I'm on the latest available factory ROM.

Thanks!

Sounds more like you're trying to install it with stock recovery. Custom recoveries don't normally do signature verification. You have actually installed CWM?

Also check md5sum that you're not trying to flash a corrupted zip.

Edited by KonstaT

Yes, just managed to finish the installation. The basic CWM 6049 did not work really, but found an older installation (6012 I believe) which installed fine. After that 6049 flashed properly. The ROM is up and running now, it's great, thanks :)

The gapps link in the post did not work for me though (always only downloads just about 2 megs...) so I'm still looking for some working one.

Thanks for the fast reply :)

Hello

I have a problem installing this ROM. Can someone help me?
My phone is standard, I haven't done anything to it, except normal usage. Here's my phone specs:

Model number: ZTE Blade III
Android version: 4.0.4
Baseband version: P772N10B01
Kernel version: 3.0.8-perf-svn29906 zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
Build number: ICS_P772N10V1.0.0B10

I wanna delete all my phone's memory, make clean/fresh start and install only necessery apps.
I have made backup all my contact, password, SMS, etc. using 3rd party software.

When I follow this guide, www.modaco.com/forums/topic/360389-recovery-clockworkmod-6049-for-zte-blade-iii
first and second steps goes OK (How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device...) and (How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery (windows),
but when I boot my phone using power and volume up buttons, this appears:

Android system recovery <3e>
Android system recovery utility

reboot system now
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache
md5 check

1) There is no "backup & restore" option. What have I done wrong?
When I did "How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device..." and in the end select "reboot system now", question appears:
"ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?" I chose "No". Then second question appears:
"Root access is missing. Root device?" I chose "No" again. Maybe answering different can solve my problem?

2) I have read many custom ROM installing guide's and they recommend "wipe cache partition".
Why there's no that text in this ROM installing guide, only "mounts and storage -> format /system" and "wipe data and factory reset"?

3) Do I have to install Gapps (gapps-kk-core-20140608.zip)? What I miss if I don't install that?

4) If I wanna transparent status/navigation bar (ro.config.low_ram=false), when is the time to change that line?
Before or after ROM install (tweaking cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip or other method)?

5) Does it matter if my SIM card is on or off during installing process?

Thanks

11 hours ago, Jethro said:

1) There is no "backup & restore" option. What have I done wrong?
When I did "How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device..." and in the end select "reboot system now", question appears:
"ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?" I chose "No". Then second question appears:
"Root access is missing. Root device?" I chose "No" again. Maybe answering different can solve my problem?

2) I have read many custom ROM installing guide's and they recommend "wipe cache partition".
Why there's no that text in this ROM installing guide, only "mounts and storage -> format /system" and "wipe data and factory reset"?

3) Do I have to install Gapps (gapps-kk-core-20140608.zip)? What I miss if I don't install that?

4) If I wanna transparent status/navigation bar (ro.config.low_ram=false), when is the time to change that line?
Before or after ROM install (tweaking cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip or other method)?

5) Does it matter if my SIM card is on or off during installing process?

1) Because that's the stock recovery - not CWM. Selecting 'yes' in the first question will prevent CWM being overwritten with the stock recovery.

2) /cache partition is formatted when you select 'wipe data and factory reset'. Formatting it twice doesn't make you any good. Formatting /system partition is to make sure every partition used is formatted once (it's actually there because of gapps backup/restore script so you don't end up with incompatible gapps from different Android version).

3) No. You'll miss ability to use any Google apps (Play Store, Gmail, Maps, Drive, etc) and any third party apps that depend on Google services framework.

4) There's an option in performance settings to force high-end graphics if you only want transparent status bar. It's not recommended to change the property because it does much more than that.

5) No.

Edited by KonstaT

7 hours ago, KonstaT said:

1) Because that's the stock recovery - not CWM. Selecting 'yes' in the first question will prevent CWM being overwritten with the stock recovery.

3) No. You'll miss ability to use any Google apps (Play Store, Gmail, Maps, Drive, etc) and any third party apps that depend on Google services framework.

Okey, thanks KonstaT

I will do that "How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device..." thing once again and select "Yes". Hope that helps.

Would it be a good idea adding this "Yes/No" thing into your installing guide,
there might be a lots of noobs out there who hasn't figure it out yet, just like me?

3) Do you have any clue how many apps are "Google services framework" dependend, half of them maybe?
And how much I save battery life, RAM, storage, etc. if I don't install gapps-kk-core-20140608.zip? Is it worth it?
My goal is to make my phone "light" as possible. That's why I ask.