[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest GizmoTheGreen

"Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped." What does this mean?

Nothing unless someone provides a log, I haven't had this problem.

Did you dirty flash over some odler version CM10.1 or CM10.2?

Did you wipe data and/or system when you flashed?

Try a clean flash.

Might be a problem with the SD card. try reformatting it. (after backup it up to your pc) does the error still occur?

if not then slowly start copying files back starting with DCIM and other media but NOT Android of .secure_android folders.

Let us know how it goes.

Guest frenkystyle

i solved problem with media i just made factory reset and works perfectly,now i have a question about mobile data,(sorry for my bad english) when i unlock my phone,when i slide my finger down from the top,in slidebar(i think that its it called,this is the image) when there is X above signal bar,on picture there is R,is that mean that mobile data is off,and sometimes signal bars are not white they turn orange,what does that mean,if somebody can tell tnx

post-1032945-0-99414600-1388333322_thumbpost-1032945-0-72970900-1388333324_thumb

Edited by frenkystyle

Guest marink02

i solved problem with media i just made factory reset and works perfectly,now i have a question about mobile data,(sorry for my bad english) when i unlock my phone,when i slide my finger down from the top,in slidebar(i think that its it called,this is the image) when there is X above signal bar,on picture there is R,is that mean that mobile data is off,and sometimes signal bars are not white they turn orange,what does that mean,if somebody can tell tnx

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Screenshot_2013-12-29-17-02-13.png{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Screenshot_2013-12-29-17-03-31.png

Orange bars means that there is no internet connection, R means that you are in roaming, there is setting to turn on mobile data when on roaming, an x means that mobile data is turned off.

Guest Wildemo

android.process.media has stopped anytime randomly/losing sounds.Phone made random restarts 1-2 per day.I try everything wipe/format clear clean oder sdcard ,no gaaps and every 1-2 day massage is received android.process.media has stopped..... i backing to 10.2 if someone solve that problem please pm or post to back 4.4.2 :)))) 10x

Edited by Wildemo

Guest plantroon
12-30 10:18:24:478 5950 5950 W
wpa_supplicant: wlan0: Failed to initiate AP scan

There is a loop of those in logcat. Simply: I can't use Wifi very well since ROM 4.3. I did a factory reset recently, system wipe, nothing fixed it. I don't really know how to reproduce this. When I restart my phone, it connects to wifi network which it finds within its range. If there is any new wifi network, it can't find it unless I restart it again. Since restarting takes quite a long time and Airplane mode on / then off also works. I don't know why but I have a feeling like this is hardware failure, not software since wiping everything didn't help :(

12-30 10:18:24:478 5950 5950 W
wpa_supplicant: wlan0: Failed to initiate AP scan

There is a loop of those in logcat. Simply: I can't use Wifi very well since ROM 4.3. I did a factory reset recently, system wipe, nothing fixed it. I don't really know how to reproduce this. When I restart my phone, it connects to wifi network which it finds within its range. If there is any new wifi network, it can't find it unless I restart it again. Since restarting takes quite a long time and Airplane mode on / then off also works. I don't know why but I have a feeling like this is hardware failure, not software since wiping everything didn't help :(

i had similar problems. I restored stock rom and stock recovery. Updated to latest stock rom, then flashed cwm again, and installed 4.4.2. It's working perfectly atm. 4.3 also messed up several things, those i couldn't solve with reinstalling custom roms, only with this method. So i guess somehow installing a fresh stock rom with the stock recovery can help, it worked for me at least.

Edited by fleky

Guest k0tsompakos

KonstaT can you please help me?

This rom into my device is really very slow! my phones lag and sometimes get hot reboots and camera sometimes is stuck.\

i have format system chache wipe data and the same problem.

any ideas?

Guest plantroon

KonstaT can you please help me?

This rom into my device is really very slow! my phones lag and sometimes get hot reboots and camera sometimes is stuck.\

i have format system chache wipe data and the same problem.

any ideas?

For advanced users only, you have to expect such things. Camera is buggy. So is Android. Slow ? Android is not supposed to be fast. Actually 4.4 is the first ROM where I can type and letters appear on the screen in under 1 second.

Read through the forum, those reboots have been discussed already!

Guest boros2222

I can't believe it.. My phone's running for more than 82 hours and no media issue. It's not random, something causes then. Last time this came up, I was playing a game where there is a sound loop in it. When I stopped, I just pressed the home button and the phone froze for a bit, and then media has stopped. Something is around the sounds..

Guest borisp71

logcat.txt

Hi,

I have problem with this ROM 4.4.2, in case that I restart my phone, I loose half icons-shortcuts on my 3 screens, and that repeating every time. Also phone stuck when need to change from 3G to 2G network, and phone in unavailable. 

Edited by borisp71

Guest mike1993

attachicon.giflogcat.txt

Hi,

I have problem with this ROM 4.4.2, in case that I restart my phone, I loose half icons-shortcuts on my 3 screens, and that repeating every time. Also phone stuck when need to change from 3G to 2G network, and phone in unavailable. 

i have same problem! any solution?????

Guest KonstaT

ok tnx but then why are sometimes bars from wireless orange? when i have it on

Orange means that you are not connected to Google services. Statusbar indicators don't change color anymore like they did in previous Android versions. If you want to reflect this to previous behaviour, orange quick settings icons means the same thing as grey statusbar icons meant in previous Android versions.

attachicon.giflogcat.txt

Hi,

What is this logcat supposed to tell me?

There's plenty of home replacements apps available at the Play Store. Default launcher in CM11 is still early in the making.

Change from 3G to 2G how? I tried switching from both settings menu and quick settings tile and it works as expected.

You could have at least said which one (or both). 'Me too' posts have never helped anyone's cause.

I need either 1) exact steps how to reproduce issue on my device or 2) logcat/dmesg of the issue occurring.

Guest borisp71

Orange means that you are not connected to Google services. Statusbar indicators don't change color anymore like they did in previous Android versions. If you want to reflect this to previous behaviour, orange quick settings icons means the same thing as grey statusbar icons meant in previous Android versions.

What is this logcat supposed to tell me?

There's plenty of home replacements apps available at the Play Store. Default launcher in CM11 is still early in the making.

Change from 3G to 2G how? I tried switching from both settings menu and quick settings tile and it works as expected.

You could have at least said which one (or both). 'Me too' posts have never helped anyone's cause.

I need either 1) exact steps how to reproduce issue on my device or 2) logcat/dmesg of the issue occurring.

Changing 3G to 2G, with that I meant when my phone leaving 3G coverage and phone supposed to connect internet on 2G network, phone loose all (internet and call coverage), and my phone is not available if you call me, on my second phone with same carrier everything  working ok. I send log because I assume that you can find error.

Also shortcuts or shortcut folders that I make on my home screen disappears in case that I reset phone. 

Happy New Year

Edited by borisp71

Guest GizmoTheGreen

Changing 3G to 2G, with that I meant when my phone leaving 3G coverage and phone supposed to connect internet on 2G network, phone loose all (internet and call coverage), and my phone is not available if you call me, on my second phone with same carrier everything  working ok. I send log because I assume that you can find error.

Also shortcuts or shortcut folders that I make on my home screen disappears in case that I reset phone. 

Happy New Year

just to be clear with reset you mean reboot, right?

Guest borisp71

just to be clear with reset you mean reboot, right?

I already reset/reboot phone several times.

Now I have folowing problem, 

android.media.device problem

this is log:

01-01 14:07:16.078 E/cutils-trace(5346): Error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)

Edited by borisp71

Guest mike1993

mike1993, on 31 Dec 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:snapback.png

KonstaT hi
i just nent that the following problem i also have:
in case that I restart my phone, I loose half icons-shortcuts on my 3 screens, and that is repeating every time i restart.

is there any solution for ut??

thanks