Jellybean progess

Guest Thedarkphonetech

Guest Thedarkphonetech

Ok so I visted the xolo group and apparently they are so close to getting jb. They have the signing tool for the xolo x900 roms and other stuff which they said jb will work. Could anyone comfirm and check it out?

Guest Raihan42

Ok so I visted the xolo group and apparently they are so close to getting jb. They have the signing tool for the xolo x900 roms and other stuff which they said jb will work. Could anyone comfirm and check it out?

Didn't they say that months ago?

Guest Raihan42

No the date of this is 9th of december and lots of comments from today.They said they are so close

If you say so but what do you need to be confirmed/checked out ? Edited by Raihan42

Guest Biohead

I would be really surprised if they actually have the intel signing key. It'd be nice to see... but I just can't see it happening. 

Even then, it's only going to be 4.1 - anything newer would have come out for the RAZR i, with its unlocked boot loader. The fact it doesn't yet exist for that should say something - the source isn't there to use. When CM10.1 (x86) matures a bit, things might look rosier - but thats still all dependant on the signing key, or beating the BL security.

Guest Thedarkphonetech

Yes they have the signing key and told me that i can download it...... So they also said they plan to get job by flashing Xolo x500 job ROM into ours!!!!!! They said it would work but they do not have the update zip. That can't be right....

Guest Biohead

Forgive me for being dubious, but for something like that to leak is pretty unheard of. Do take them up on their offer though and get a hold of it so we can look at it. It would simply be a case of modifying an existing rom in any minor way, resigning, then seeing if the phone accepts it. Nice easy test as to whether its the real deal or not.  :)

And flashing an X500 rom...  :wacko:

For one, it's already signed (although it may be a different algorithm to the X900/OSD), but the hardware itself varies enough for it to cause issues. It has two radios to start with! The only way that would work would to be to rip the rom to pieces, then mix and match pieces with pieces we already have from 4.0.4.

If that tool does turn out to be the real deal then I'll start a new VM with all the tools in place and i'll have a look to see what can be done - but without those tools there's no point in even trying yet.