SD Card Maximum Capacity?

Guest sirius-c

Guest sirius-c

This was discussed in the thread "How to root your Hudl", page 4, posted by TescoHudl.

A Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 Micro SD was said to work.

Thank you LesWT

Yes I have the Sandisk Class 10 64GB card in my daughters Hudl, you do need to format it as fat 32 and I just use mini tool partition wizard to do that with and its a free programme.

I have also filled it up with about 60GB worth of stuff and works fine along with a second partition for link2sd

I think Amazon are banging them out for about £35, they could be cheaper elsewhere but that's a pretty good price.

The daughter loves her Hudl and wants to take it everywhere!

Edited by gib72

Guest greyrider

Very odd, because I get,

"App2SD is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage.

You can link the app in order to move its files to your SD card."

So, only data is moved.

Edited by greyrider

The other way around, it leaves the data and cache, but moves the apk, the dex, and lib files to external,  so you still use a bit of internal but most goes to external.

As an example, I've just looked at angry birds, the data and cache are 9.5 MB in size on the internal and the apk, dex and lib are 53MB which sits on the external. It does vary between Apps, broadly speaking 80% sits on the external.

I don't have loads of apps, but 20 have been moved and there is 500MB used on the link2sd partition.

Hope that helps?

Setting the partition up as ext2 worked for me, others may work but haven't tried them, when I get a bit more time I might try and do a tutorial for others.

Although not much demand for extra space early on but as time goes on people will fill them up, I just hate that insufficient storage message! Lol