[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

EDIT: BBS Raw Stats says "usb_bus_active" has hold a kernel wakelock for 11h 42m, and quick googling says this shouldn't be normal?

EDIT2: I read the fix is to reboot the phone after recharging (each time!), will try tomorrow.

Okay, tested this morning. Took the charger off, rebooted and.. 10 hours (of which 9h deep sleep) on battery and I've lost 18%, so I'm down to 76%. I will try without reboot tomorrow to verify the problem.

EDIT: 12.5h on, of which 11.5h deep sleep, -20% totalling in 74% (-1.6%/h). There's definitely something wrong with "usb_bus_active".

Edited by Janil

GREAT WORK!!!

Can't believe, that Blade developing is still going on! Big thank to all devs!! (I think, I'll not buy the Galaxy S4 Mini :-D )

Installed this ROM yesterday and it feels much smoother than CM10.2. Got only one random reboot, but don't know what caused that (was on deep sleep). And the Exchange service is forced closed sometimes. But that doesn't matter, I think!

Guest Roeloff

Okay, tested this morning. Took the charger off, rebooted and.. 10 hours (of which 9h deep sleep) on battery and I've lost 18%, so I'm down to 76%. I will try without reboot tomorrow to verify the problem.

EDIT: 12.5h on, of which 11.5h deep sleep, -20% totalling in 74% (-1.6%/h). There's definitely something wrong with "usb_bus_active".

Something's definitely happening when you unplug from charging for me. The phone takes more than a few seconds to become responsive to the power button to turn on the screen.

Okay, I didn't reboot the phone today and now the phone is f'ing with me. Almost 10 hours on battery and still at 100% :P

post-821716-0-27953200-1390832457_thumb.

BBS says similar, 94% to 100%, gained 6%, -0.2%/h usage, 1d 8h on battery :D Will try again tomorrow..

Something's definitely happening when you unplug from charging for me. The phone takes more than a few seconds to become responsive to the power button to turn on the screen.

The phone sometimes becomes unresponsive to the power button for me too, no charger needed.. Like pressing the power button repeatedly for a while, and you might encounter the problem. It has been a problem with CM10.1 too and it doesn't happen too often.

Edited by Janil

Guest silverchair

I was asking about the RAM as a friend with Moto G said that after the upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4.2 the phone gained around 150 Mb more free RAM. Clearly that cannot be the case on the Blade as it has only 512 but I was expecting some improvement even minimal. How do u feel the new Android, does the phone act smoother in any way?

Guest Roeloff

I was asking about the RAM as a friend with Moto G said that after the upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4.2 the phone gained around 150 Mb more free RAM. Clearly that cannot be the case on the Blade as it has only 512 but I was expecting some improvement even minimal. How do u feel the new Android, does the phone act smoother in any way?

Could be that your friend has ART enabled. Something we're unlikely to get because of our ancient phone!

Hi

Due to the way that KitKat now processes text messages I can no longer restore my text messages with SMSBackup+ - the messages get restored and wiped.

Has anyone found a workaround to this?

This has nothing to do with the rom, this is a geat rom, its so fast and battery efficent.

You can restore them from nandroid backup, I used Titanium backup for this, and it works fine. (from CM 10.2 to this rom)

Guest birdibird

Hi

Due to the way that KitKat now processes text messages I can no longer restore my text messages with SMSBackup+ - the messages get restored and wiped.

Has anyone found a workaround to this?

You need to go into permissions and set the sms write permission for the SMSBackup+ app. Then it works fine

It's not that armv6 can't run the 3.x kernel, but it would mean a lot of work porting it for zte msm7x27 devices.
And it wouldn't have a big effect in performance anyways.

Edited by gbosh

Does 2G/3G data show up as Wi-Fi in the battery usage? Because Wi-Fi shows up there even when it hasn't been on.

I don't use Wi-Fi and I've not seen it in the battery usage. I guess you need to toggle the Wi-Fi on and back off and reboot. Reboot seemed to have helped me with my battery issues, where usb was draining all the battery.

Okay, I didn't reboot the phone today and now the phone is f'ing with me. Almost 10 hours on battery and still at 100% :P

BBS says similar, 94% to 100%, gained 6%, -0.2%/h usage, 1d 8h on battery :D Will try again tomorrow..

Okay, I didn't reboot the phone after the 100% bug, but now the battery usage has been more normal after charging it last night. ~10h on battery and down to 75%. So, if you're having poor battery life, reboot your phone at least once after charging.

Guest Roeloff

Nothing worse than a dead thread!

I'm still having problems with the alarm. Sometimes it goes off, sometimes it doesn't - like this morning! Only when I pushed the power button to check the time did it go off and about 40 mins later than it should have!

It seems like the phone is going into a really deep sleep.

Guest coolizard

I had 1 random reboot yesterday. Today, when I pick up the phone and tried to switch on the screen nothing happens, just a blank screen. Tried to reboot and nothing, all the buttons do nothing. I called to the phone and it was calling!, but the phone didn't rang or switch on the screen. The only way to reboot was removing the battery.

Like is referred on OP, this ROM is not for daily use, yet.

tried alarm once,it woke me up,let ya know next saturday if it wakes me again ;)

i find i use a lot of battery on a reboot more than i use in an average day ...

video previews work fine as does multimedia (all my videos are .mp4)...

ive had no random reboots or crashes,i always do a full wipe (backing up first) and set up manually, i also dont install Gapps ..if i want something off the market i use another backed up rom with all settings saved (i rename the clockwork backups on pc to something more memorable,ParanoidAllApps,joyos,KonstatBestBattery e.t.c) then backup the downloaded .apk to sim and install it on other roms later...

one thing i have noticed is disapearing  softbuttons,they turn into little dots but do not come back on for a some time ..

another is all saved prefferences were lost,i set the phone up without a sim,then added one,after a reboot all settings were gone (testing this again now)

to me the screen is far more responsive although after waking it can feel sluggish for a min, i turn the thing on and come back to it,pointless trying to make it do somthing until its fully awake it is after all a 600mhz cpu running the latest android :D .. once awake its a beauty \o/ think this is the CPU governor,have always used smartassv2,set to on demand it seems fine ...

many thanks Zeelog,its like having a new phone :)

One minor bug...

usb mass storage does not work if the screeen is off..

i mean files arent copied unless u unlock

havent tried this on this rom yet,but i have had it on other roms,developer options> stay awake and usb charging (wherever thats hidden) seem to cure that ...

failing that the longest screen time out and remembering to press the phone before the times up does :D

Update on my reported issues:

1) I didn't get any new battery drains. Looks like the phone needed a couple of days to calibrate itself, from then it worked fine.

2) I tested the alarm clock (Good Morning app, not stock) a bit more and so far it has worked, but I see some other new reports of problems with the phone not waking up. So this issue is still here.

And a new thing today: the phone rebooted when I took a picture and didn't save it (with the default Camera app). I then took some more pictures and it worked fine.

Edited by sharix

new build up:

[30 JAN 14]

DOWNLOAD

MD5: f9f940185cbc3a71601fd6c423d5e8ce

More minor kernel improvements

BladeParts moved back to advanced settings (Device > More > Advanced Settings)

Compiled with GCC4.8 toolchain

Tons of fixes from CM upstream (since last update)

some of the issues reported might be fixed by upstream, yet I wouldn't know since I couldn't find a single logcat.

previously I reported that antutu 3.4 works fine, well I was wrong - most of the time the app crashes on startup, what's more worrying is the nature of error being reported: (there are tons of these entries, which eventually may slow down the phone & potentially might cause the phone to stop responding unless the app doesn't fc)

E/OpenGLRenderer( 2957):   GL_INVALID_OPERATION
D/OpenGLRenderer( 2957): GL error from OpenGLRenderer: 0x502
E/OpenGLRenderer( 2957):   GL_INVALID_OPERATION
D/OpenGLRenderer( 2957): GL error from OpenGLRenderer: 0x502

I wouldn't be surprised if the same issue manifests itself on other apps...

new build up:

[30 JAN 14]

Not sure if placebo, but the phone feels more snappier than the previous build! Thanks again!

Now if someone could answer this question...

How do I get ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk? Can I use one from eg. Konsta's gapps package?

EDIT: It seems the gapps package is based on this one. Now I wonder if ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk from there requires armv7..

EDIT2: I guess I can use ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk from the package above, as long as the apk doesn't reference any native libraries.

EDIT3: The phone actually feels a lot more snappier.. Many thanks!

Edited by Janil