[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest sej7278

How do I update the CWM after doing the TPT? It has been a while since I last did this!

snapit's touch (actually all links appear broken):

http://www.modaco.com/topic/356674-recoverygen123-and-idea-blade-fully-working-cwm-6011-touch-stable-6015-testing-1710/

konstat's non-touch but newer with sideload:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359832-devrom247-cyanogenmod-101-android-422/page-21#entry2075296

Edited by sej7278

Master Z, my hat tipped to you sir, an excellent piece of work! A question to my fellow KitKat friends... does anyone have any problems with Google+ ? When I try and launch it, it seems to be signing in, but then I get the error "Unfortunately, Google+ has stopped." A quick search suggests going to Settings>Apps>Google+ and clearing data and cache, but that doesn't resolve the problem. Some further digging has suggested rebooting into CWM and wiping cache and dalvik cache - but I don't really know what affect that will have on the rest of the apps and the phone in general, so I haven't tried that yet.

Guest sej7278

Master Z, my hat tipped to you sir, an excellent piece of work! A question to my fellow KitKat friends... does anyone have any problems with Google+ ? When I try and launch it, it seems to be signing in, but then I get the error "Unfortunately, Google+ has stopped." A quick search suggests going to Settings>Apps>Google+ and clearing data and cache, but that doesn't resolve the problem. Some further digging has suggested rebooting into CWM and wiping cache and dalvik cache - but I don't really know what affect that will have on the rest of the apps and the phone in general, so I haven't tried that yet.

google+ hasn't worked for a while - there's some library that doesn't support armv6, something to do with camera integration i guess. basically no google+ for us bladers, you'll have to use a browser.

well done, seems a lot better than 4.3 which was a pile of poo imho. this is as good as the 4.2 rom. sd-ext also helps a lot.

not to nit-pick but the device still shows up as cm10.2-blade in adb, oh and screen-off animation doesn't work (fade or crt).

don't think battery quotes in airplane mode are very helpful lol

updated to cm-11-blade for the next release :) for screen off animation to work properly, go to developer settings > turn on animations and reboot 

google+ hasn't worked for a while - there's some library that doesn't support armv6, something to do with camera integration i guess. basically no google+ for us bladers, you'll have to use a browser.

actually this older google+ version seems to work: link (before installing i suggest that auto update apps in play store is turned off, otherwise it's most likely to get updated automatically to the newest version which is not compatible with armv6 devices) - well, at least this version (and probably other older versions of google+) starts up and logs in, i don't personally use google+,  so i can't really say what you can/cannot do with this version or haw far it goes without FCing...

Guest ExCaL1BuR

Is an Update on the way?

I really wont to see improvements on speed of the rom and on camera...

On my eyes only on 2.1 the camera is really snappy and smooth

Guest sej7278

When will be the next update? I am having trouble when I connect the phone to the pc

i couldn't get usb mass storage to work in 4.3 either, the pc (linux) sees it as a cd, i got it working once with some udev changes, but its iffy. adb works ok.

Edited by sej7278

Guest ExCaL1BuR

i couldn't get usb mass storage to work in 4.3 either, the pc (linux) sees it as a cd, i got it working once with some udev changes, but its iffy. adb works ok.

Have you guys installed the drivers for the phone ?

I don´t have problems with usb mass storage

Guest sej7278

Have you guys installed the drivers for the phone ?

I don´t have problems with usb mass storage

linux doesn't need drivers.

oddly enough my partitions show up if i run "fdisk -l" as root on them, seems to make them appear in the file manager then, but my user doesn't have permissions to view sd-ext, so i think i need to tweak udev.

Guest jbclm998

I do not know what is happening, but I can not write on sd-card. I can not delete files, download files, etc to the sdcard since yesterday. When I connect to the computer and I put music on it the music disapears when I disconnect. What should I do zeelog? It started yesterday, in that day I jut used it to put some videos nothing of especial. My sd card has 16gb, 3 are free. Any idea?

@jbclm998 - I am wondering if you are having the problem discussed here (https://code.google.com/p/epiccm/issues/detail?id=410)... also discussed here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1838761) . I seem to recall reading that it affects more than just music files, possibly videos and pictures as well. Might be worth a look as it's a quick win if it resolves the problem. One other point to note is that I remember reading that Android doesn't like SD cards formatted using native windows. Either format using SD Formatter (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/) or better yet the phone itself (backup everything to your PC first of course). Hope that helps.

Edit - I'm on my tablet not my PC and for some reason I can't get to the full editor and I don't know why the links are not hyperlinks, sorry.

Edit - Scratch that, seems like my edit to say the links are not working fixed the links!

Edited by zaxxon

Guest jbclm998

@jbclm998 - I am wondering if you are having the problem discussed here (https://code.google.com/p/epiccm/issues/detail?id=410)... also discussed here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1838761) . I seem to recall reading that it affects more than just music files, possibly videos and pictures as well. Might be worth a look as it's a quick win if it resolves the problem. One other point to note is that I remember reading that Android doesn't like SD cards formatted using native windows. Either format using SD Formatter (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/) or better yet the phone itself (backup everything to your PC first of course). Hope that helps.

Edit - I'm on my tablet not my PC and for some reason I can't get to the full editor and I don't know why the links are not hyperlinks, sorry.

Edit - Scratch that, seems like my edit to say the links are not working fixed the links!

Thank you very much  :D

Guest ExCaL1BuR

linux doesn't need drivers.

oddly enough my partitions show up if i run "fdisk -l" as root on them, seems to make them appear in the file manager then, but my user doesn't have permissions to view sd-ext, so i think i need to tweak udev.

ok sorry didn´t notice that u were using linux  my bad

Guest ExCaL1BuR

stop asking for eta's guys.we don't know how hard making this rom work is so be patient.at least we have kitkat

???  Really killadroid .....  you´r the guy that asks more for ETA ,go review your requests on other Posts....  by the way I was just continuing a dialog with zeelog .

Guest lolasher

The only rom with OTG was 2.1 or 2.2 (I can't recall it correctly) with broken deep sleep and it needs cable with external power source.

Guest Krunal11489

@ zeelog......I was using PIE control in cm10.2. I searched a lot for same in setting but couldn't found. they were very handy as hardware keys are getting old n not working properly.

i hope i can see it in next update.

Guest Andro998

Wifi not working. Please help me, the only roms where wifi worked on my blade were Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie RLS9 and the stock rom. 

What should I do? I have already formatted the system partition, my blade is european ( I checked that using blade checker app). When I want to install a rom I need to open the zip and change the wifi folder for this one: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4h2H1wUmOzycXZFVmZLMzhrSms&usp=sharing , sometimes it works and sometimes it does not workes.

Please someone can help me? In some roms it works and in others wifi just do not works. 

Help? Any idea? Anyone?

Edited by Andro998

Guest topo01

@ zeelog......I was using PIE control in cm10.2. I searched a lot for same in setting but couldn't found. they were very handy as hardware keys are getting old n not working properly.

i hope i can see it in next update.

When activating the navigation bar AND extended desktop you will only get to see the nav bar after swiping up from the lower screen edge. Works pretty much the same as the pie.

Guest zaxxon

@Andro998 - whatever that URL you have posted is - it's in a private folder, so I don't think anyone else can see it.  Also, you said that apart from stock, the only ROM that your WiFi is working is Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie RLS9.  I am wondering, how many ROM's have you tried - and if you have WiFi problems with all of them - maybe it could be your WiFi and not the ROM?  Lots of people are using this ROM with no WiFi problems (me included).  I assume you are doing a thorough wipe of your phone as stated in the OP...

Reboot into CWM
Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Wipe Cache
Mounts/Storage > Format System
Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache

If you really want to be sure you reset the phone, here is what I did...

Reboot into CWM
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
advanced>wipe dalvik cache
mounts and storage>format /boot
mounts and storage>format /cache
mounts and storage>format /data
mounts and storage>format /system
mounts and storage>format /sd-ext

If you don't have an SD partition then (assuming you have a full backup of your SD card) whilst you are still in CWM, go to Advanced and partition the SD card (remember that it's either 1024Mb or 2048Mb with a 0Mb swap size)

Power off your phone, take the SD card out the phone, connect to the PC and put the ROM zip file and GAPPS zip file from the OP and all your files and folders back onto the SD card

Put the SD card back into the phone, hold down VOLUME- (volume down) and power on (this will boot into CWM)

Once your in CWM do this...

install zip from sdcard
chose zip from sdcard
ROM (wait for it to finish - can take a minute or two) then GAPPS
reboot phone

The first boot will take several minutes whilst it installs KitKat. If all went well then you will eventually get the setup wizard where you can setup the phone.  My apologies if you already knew this or have done this, but thought I would share with you just in case it helps.  Good luck.