[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest killadroid

I am getting 'Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped' repeatedly. I can press OK and continue my but it keeps popping up every now and then. I had this in the 8th March build (not initially but after a few months) and then I thought maybe installing the latest build will solve the problem. But it didn't. I had cleared the cache, the dalvik cache, formatted the /system and then installed this new build. But, to no avail. Can anybody help, please ?

i only get media FC when i soft reboot but when i full reboot its ok.do a full wipe wiping data,cache,format system,then dalvik then flash rom.also what system partition size do u have?

Guest gamebusterz

I had done all of those you mentioned but I guess my sequence was a bit different. I wiped data,cache,dalvik and then formatted system and installed the ROM and Gapps. After this I wiped the data and cache again and rebooted my device. I have a 220 mb partition.

Edited by gamebusterz

Guest szpilasty

I had done all of those you mentioned but I guess my sequence was a bit different. I wiped data,cache,dalvik and then formatted system and installed the ROM and Gapps. After this I wiped the data and cache again and rebooted my device. I have a 220 mb partition.

Do not wipe anything after installing rom.

Guest Number1One

Question on Cache, how much do u guys have on your partition?  im only on 2mb.
and on Clockwork mod, under mounts and storage is your cache mounted or not? mine says unmount cache, so currently its mounted. Should it be or did i toggle that by accident?

Guest merdo84

can someone please upload gingerbread camera device driver (flashable zip)  ? I NEED HELP please

Edited by merdo84

Guest Sponcz

I tested this rom maybe little longer than by a week, my Blade is branding by RBM (5Mpx, 422 ram, blue color, CWM 6.0.2.7, 180mb partiton TPT) Few observations:

- Blade with Kitkat on first look (without gaaps) is reeally fast! In my opinion same like 2.3.5 (Swedish Snow). Unfortunately after install gaaps, normal aplications (FB,Messenger, Gmail, Maps etc - to normal everyday use) use phone with this rom becomes horrible. Classic situaton: Messenger inform me on new message, click and opening messenger widget take me 30 seconds? sometimes longer.

- Waking up on incoming call, that is disaster. Screen waking up 4-8 second after first vibration. That same is with waking up screen lock.

- No responding screen block with PIN code - helpful only restart

- Voice search not working. Recognizes words, but nothing else.

- Navigation hardly implemented

- Battery drain (this is associated with widget)

- Launcher crashs

- Smaller bugs

Before install 4.4.2 to normal use i 4.1.2 - this is slow version, comparable with Kitkat - but very stable.

Now know that kitkat is the best android, but the worst to very old ZTE Blade ;). In few words, Kitkat on Blade trying be fast, only trying. Thanks for this rom, but like in first post is writing "Not for normal, everyday use" - at this version in 100% i agree with this point!

Ps. Like always, sorry for my language level

Edited by Sponcz

Guest birdibird

I have the same with this latest 5/5 version.

I flashed the 7/3 version and all is smooth again!

Edited by birdibird

Guest Filipe_24

Switched from the Feb (i think) version to the newest version, did a full wipe. However i'm encountering lots of forced closed apps, keyboard problems, status bar freezes and problems when changing to landscape.

Anyone else having trouble?? Think i might try a reflash, any other tips??

Yeah i have the same problems after the last update ... And sometimes the phone just quick reboots ... If someone could give us a hint it would be apreciated ...

Guest Filipe_24

I am getting 'Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped' repeatedly. I can press OK and continue my but it keeps popping up every now and then. I had this in the 8th March build (not initially but after a few months) and then I thought maybe installing the latest build will solve the problem. But it didn't. I had cleared the cache, the dalvik cache, formatted the /system and then installed this new build. But, to no avail. Can anybody help, please ?

Just go to settings and unmount and mount the SD card , it works for me.. That way i dont need to reboot the phone everytime ...

Guest birdibird

Yeah i have the same problems after the last update ... And sometimes the phone just quick reboots ... If someone could give us a hint it would be apreciated ...

like I sad above, flash the 7/3 version.

It is in my opinion the best one.

smoothest rom on my Blade

Edited by birdibird

Guest Fizziebaunz

Reading the recent comments makes me feel sad.... This has been the smoothest rom for the blade.... but some of you expect it to perform like high end phones... The problem we have is hardware never software and most of you know that. you install messenger and facebook all eating a whooping ram of 80MB and you complain when your phone slows down.. You have more than 40 apps and you want to see smooth multitasking... The problem is clearly you not the rom. know what you have and treat it right.

Guest Number1One

I dont expect it to act like a high end phone at all. I keep the number of apps on my phone minimal, including not using fb as its a resource hog. I actually love what zeelog has done with this Rom, i found it made my phone which was too slow actually usuable again and a joy to use again.
However there's no point everyone coming in here and going this is amazing its working flawlessly etc etc if its not. Its a work in progress that zeelog is doing an amazing job with, but honest feedback is much more helpful in continuing to tweak and improve.
I felt this most current one was a slight step backwards because of lots of crashes and portrait to landscape problems. Although ive also been to busy to re-flash my phone and the problems have got less and less, so maybe weirdly its got a bedding in period or something. Battery usage seems slightly higher as well as far as i can tell.

Keep up the great work zeelog

Guest elrond_bs

I don't have any crashes or problems with orientation (may be it's only a bit slower) with latest version. The only small problem I have is force close for Extrernal Storage on every reboot, which has no effect on anything else. But I was lazy to make a clean install, so it's not a valid problem. :) Battery usage is normal, I haven't noticed any difference from last version. Best and fastest 4.x ROM for the Blade for sure. :)

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest Filipe_24

I dont expect it to act like a high end phone at all. I keep the number of apps on my phone minimal, including not using fb as its a resource hog. I actually love what zeelog has done with this Rom, i found it made my phone which was too slow actually usuable again and a joy to use again.

However there's no point everyone coming in here and going this is amazing its working flawlessly etc etc if its not. Its a work in progress that zeelog is doing an amazing job with, but honest feedback is much more helpful in continuing to tweak and improve.

I felt this most current one was a slight step backwards because of lots of crashes and portrait to landscape problems. Although ive also been to busy to re-flash my phone and the problems have got less and less, so maybe weirdly its got a bedding in period or something. Battery usage seems slightly higher as well as far as i can tell.

Keep up the great work zeelog

I agree with you ... Zeelog said it on the OP , its a work in progress , so im sure that he thanks all of us ,that we give him some feedback so he can continue to improve the Rom ... Also , for almost every problem there's a solution , so , who knows if someone in here has the solution for some of our problems with the rom ? For example , the android.media.process has stopped , i found out that i just need to unmount and mount the Sd card that the problem resolves ( at least for a couple of days ) ... So no one is complaining, we are just giving a feedback ...

Guest Filipe_24

I don't have any crashes or problems with orientation (may be it's only a bit slower) with latest version. The only small problem I have is force close for Extrernal Storage on every reboot, which has no effect on anything else. But I was lazy to make a clean install, so it's not a valid problem. :) Battery usage is normal, I haven't noticed any difference from last version. Best and fastest 4.x ROM for the Blade for sure. :)

I dont know why we keep having these specific problems , the only thing it keeps crosing my mind is because of the script to increase internal memory , but to tell you the truth , i already had that on the previous build , and there was nothing wrong... I flashed this update on top of the other one , without a full wipe , maybe im gonna try with a wipe and see if those problems persist ... Also , someone mentioned to try and install the previous build again that it runs smooth again , can someone provide a link to download it again ? Just in case :)

Guest elrond_bs

Yes, you should only report problems if they persist after clean install. And AFAIK the memory "extension" (swap) is not recommended method anyway (except for phones with below 256 MB RAM) and could cause problems. The very least the SD card is much slower than RAM and you force it to handle not only ext, but also swap at the same time.

Guest gamebusterz

Just go to settings and unmount and mount the SD card , it works for me.. That way i dont need to reboot the phone everytime ...

I restart my phone everytime I continuously start getting those 'Unfortunately process.media' thing and then it works fine. Thanks for the method anyway, will try that as well.

Edited by gamebusterz

Guest gamebusterz

I have those status-bar freezes as well. I have to restart it every time that happens. Does 'Mailbox' app work for anyone btw ?

Guest szpilasty

If you have in mind included mail app - is working OK. Only when you click on notification then takes forever to load message. Faster is to click on inbox and again on message.

Guest Filipe_24

Yes, you should only report problems if they persist after clean install. Apnd AFAIK the memory "extension" (swap) is not recommended method anyway (except for phones with below 256 MB RAM) and could cause problems. The very least the SD card is much slower than RAM and you force it to handle not only ext, but also swap at the same time.

Well i've choosen 0 for swap , isnt it what is supposed to be ? Also , as i mentioned before , i've been using ext since the previous build and it worked fine ...