[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest silverchair

Are you certain you're doing it in the right order - hold Vol+ and menu FIRST, then press power. Otherwise it might start a normal boot before you press the buttons. (or go into fastboot/bootloader mode)

If you're still having problems I suggest posting to the TPT topic instead of here, as your problem has nothing to do with the rom.

Guest Schwedenbitter

...I suggest posting to the TPT topic instead of here, ...

You're so right. But which one of them. Have you a special thread in mind, which you could send me a link please?

Guest Janil

If it's any help, I finally had time to connect my BLade to my pc when the phone won't wake the screen when waking up from sleep. The screen just stays black, but the buttons are lit until it sleeps again.

Here's the logcat:

I/PowerManagerService(  466): Waking up from sleep...
W/BroadcastQueue(  466): Timeout of broadcast BroadcastRecord{4269a328 u-1 android.intent.action.TIME_TICK} - receiver=android.os.BinderProxy@421c0800, started 10001ms ago
W/Binder  (26097): Binder call failed.
W/Binder  (26097): android.os.DeadObjectException
W/Binder  (26097):      at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(Native Method)
W/Binder  (26097):      at android.content.IIntentReceiver$Stub$Proxy.performReceive(IIntentReceiver.java:124)
W/Binder  (26097):      at android.app.ActivityThread$ApplicationThread.scheduleRegisteredReceiver(ActivityThread.java:826)
W/Binder  (26097):      at android.app.ApplicationThreadNative.onTransact(ApplicationThreadNative.java:394)
W/Binder  (26097):      at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:404)
W/Binder  (26097):      at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)
W/BroadcastQueue(  466): Receiver during timeout: BroadcastFilter{4235f430 u0 ReceiverList{4235f3d0 3000 com.android.systemui/10000/u0 remote:421c0800}}
E/JavaBinder(26097): *** Uncaught remote exception!  (Exceptions are not yet supported across processes.)
E/JavaBinder(26097): java.lang.RuntimeException: android.os.DeadObjectException
E/JavaBinder(26097):    at android.os.Parcel.writeException(Parcel.java:1366)
E/JavaBinder(26097):    at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:410)
E/JavaBinder(26097):    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)
E/JavaBinder(26097): Caused by: android.os.DeadObjectException
E/JavaBinder(26097):    at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(Native Method)
E/JavaBinder(26097):    at android.content.IIntentReceiver$Stub$Proxy.performReceive(IIntentReceiver.java:124)
E/JavaBinder(26097):    at android.app.ActivityThread$ApplicationThread.scheduleRegisteredReceiver(ActivityThread.java:826)
E/JavaBinder(26097):    at android.app.ApplicationThreadNative.onTransact(ApplicationThreadNative.java:394)
E/JavaBinder(26097):    at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:404)
E/JavaBinder(26097):    ... 1 more
D/SurfaceFlinger(  150): Screen acquired, type=0 flinger=0xf450
D/SurfaceFlinger(  150): Screen released, type=0 flinger=0xf450
I/PowerManagerService(  466): Going to sleep due to screen timeout...
Edited by Janil

Guest topo01

This particular Type of SOD (sleep of death death) only happened to my blade when certain apps were active (eg Multiling keyboard or Keep). But no longer occurred after the 5/5 build. Hope this helps with tracking down this issue.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi ZeeLog,

See guys, patience is a virtue.... I knew our respected Dev / Rom builder would not let us down, and always has his finger on the pulse...

Leave him to it, and he shall deliever... Badger him, and you'll risk loosing him....

THANKS FOR YOUR AWESOME WORK / SUPPORT downloading 4.4.3 now... :)

Cheers, Lister

Guest zeelog

new build up:

Android 4.4.3
New 4.4.3 Dialer & Contacts
New CyanogenMod Theme Engine  *
Fix media provider bug (credit psyke83) 
Browser: add option to reduce cookie tracking (credit pbp)
Trebuchet: new graphical interface
Calculator: add new features http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/62577/
(Dev. Tools) Animation Scales: add more values (new slider)
Removed cLock widget - full version now added as a separate download ~8Mb
Add Equalizer Dynamic Tile (activated with Apollo)
Add Compass Tile
Add option to launch music player when plugging headset

* Currently an error is displayed upon theme installations, theme would be installed and can be applied anyway - seems like it's complaining about a missing status bar icon - missing drawables??  :wacko:

a nandroid backup is highly recommended, can be flashed over previous version, however I would still recommend a full wipe.

Guest szpilasty

Just downgraded to 10.2 few days ago... but can't resist to try new build!! Thank You Zeelog!!

Edited by szpilasty

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi ZeeLog / All,

This is by no means, negative towards ZeeLog... I value and appreciate all his work!!! Without him, or his work... our Blades would be dead LONG AGO!!!!

However, I have a query... hopefully ZeeLog or anyone else using KitKat...?? Is it just me, or is KitKat really slow on Blades? Like running in debug mode? I know we ask a lot, pushing our Blades to run an OS way beyond the original 2.0 or whatever it came with. Just thought KitKat was supposed to improve running on older kit....?

Reason I ask, on my (recent eBay purchased) Blade, KitKat seems really slow and sluggish. Running builds 05/05/2014 and 08/06/2014. Yet on my brothers Blade (running 31/03/2014) it appears really snappy/fast...??

My Blade is white, and has standard 512MB ram. My brothers Blade is black with standard 512MB ram?

My Blade has seemed slow before in other roms, although just dropped back to CM10.2 (Android 4.3.1) and it appears snappy again. I am just curious if it's my Blade that has issues....??

Thanks, Lister

Edited by Lister Of Smeg

Guest elrond_bs

This happens sometimes with different Blades (although they may appear to be the exactly the same). For some CM9 is fastest, for others CM10 or CM11 (this ROM).

Another possible problem is if you haven't installed gapps or don't have sim card in the phone. For some reason it slows the phone down.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Elrond_BS,

You may of hit the nail on the head there, I have a SimCard in the phone.. But its an old one, which I feel may of been de-actived by now. This Blade is not my main phone, as I have now moved upto the Samsung N7000. However this was the first ever Smartphone I ever had. And after my original one had died (Touchscreen), I purchased a new one so I can re-live the happy days... and continued development.

The only Sims I have kicking around the house are freebie ones, so they may not be fully activated maybe?? Although the one in it currently has a VoiceMail permently stored on it, and wont go away... Perhaps the sim itself is naff. I shall try with my main Sim, or try a working Sim from another phone and see if thats the cause. I can understand this causing LAG now....  Thank you for your suggestion...L

Lister

This happens sometimes with different Blades (although they may appear to be the exactly the same). For some CM9 is fastest, for others CM10 or CM11 (this ROM).

Another possible problem is if you haven't installed gapps or don't have sim card in the phone. For some reason it slows the phone down.

Hey zeelog, I noticed that you set dalvik.vm.jit.codecachesize=0 in system.prop. Are you aware that this *completely* disables the Dalvik JIT, which will severly cripples app performance? This should be a last-ditch solution for extremely low memory devices. The Blade isn't such a device, and I think this shouldn't be set.

Guest zeelog

Hey zeelog, I noticed that you set dalvik.vm.jit.codecachesize=0 in system.prop. Are you aware that this *completely* disables the Dalvik JIT, which will severly cripples app performance? This should be a last-ditch solution for extremely low memory devices. The Blade isn't such a device, and I think this shouldn't be set.

hi daemond, welcome back  :) - yes, fully aware, however last time I tried to remove that property I've ran into some problems, but that was months ago - so perhaps it's worth another shot...

Guest birdibird

Great Job, Zeelog.

Played a bit around with 4.4.3 and until now it seems the most responsive and stable version of the lot!

:P 

The response-time of the telephone app popping up on an incoming call is still quite long, I calibrated the proximity sensor and now it seems to be much better. Need further trial to see if that was the solution...

:)

Edited by birdibird

Guest gerhardo

I have a SimCard in the phone.. But its an old one, which I feel may of been de-actived by now.

build.prop property persist.ril.enable=false should fix this

I dont think it works the same as if a SIM is in though, but there may be something else required too.

My Blade has sadly lost one SIM connector, the victim of swapping SIMs with adapters, but still good as a wifi remote control.

Edit: I forgot to say that I am still amazed that this continues, so fun.

I have a new Mediatek based smartphone where the manufacturer fail to fix severe security holes in 6 months, here comes 4.4.3 update within days...

Edited by gerhardo

Guest killadroid

u continue to surprise us zeelog.android 4.4.3 who woulda thot.the clock widget should be pushed to /system or instaled as a normal app?

Guest sam tyler

downloaded latest build(8/6/14)road testing now. i may be using a THL W100 phone now but i still check whats going on with the blade. 4.3!! who would know? nice one. :)

Edited by sam tyler

Guest zeelog

u continue to surprise us zeelog.android 4.4.3 who woulda thot.the clock widget should be pushed to /system or instaled as a normal app?

depends on your tpt, if your system partition is 180mb then you have to install cLock widget as a normal app.  widget takes around 8Mb by itself.

Guest silverchair

Can anyone who already installed 4.4.3 share whether Antutu is supported app now? Or should I just change build.prop fingerprint to what it is in Konstat's ROMs as it was recognized there?

Edited by silverchair