[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

You need to power off your phone first. Then, after it’s shut down, hold simultaneously the ‘Power’ button and the ‘Volume down’ button for a few seconds.

Then, release them and you should see a list with options on  CWM 6.0.5.3.

After that just navigate with your fingers by touch ,forget the buttons.

(With Power and Volume Up you enter the previously version of CWM).

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Nizulko,

We're all still waiting for you to patch, build and compile the rom...

Why must we wait so long for YOU TO MAKE ROMS???

No ??? Then, kindly please be quiet.... ZeeLog will release a rom when he is ready, and ONLY WHEN he is ready....

Thank you, and good night!!!!

Topic is dead. CM11 development is dead. Blya.

Edited by Lister Of Smeg

Guest nizulko

Ждет он меня, ептэ... Меня-то че ждать?! Зилога надо ждать, только он все скомпилить нормально может.

Guest elrond_bs

This forum is English only.

I appreciate everything zeelog accomplished with this ROM and if he is no longer interested in upgrading it, it's perfectly understandable. Blade is an ancient phone, those who want new (working) software for cheap should get a new phone like Moto E.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Lucas Dracul,

No..... Because, unfortunately I've not been working on it, or ever likely too... (I wished I knew that sh*t, but I'm afraid I'm not that smart...)

My post earlier on in this thread, was a mere joke... Bit of light humour to those in the know (who could see from the pic) and to take some of the preasure / attention away from ZeeLog, by all those who were badgering him for an UNNEEDED update...

I'm sure if ZeeLog has something to offer, we'd be the first to know... We don't need to tell him, how to do his work... If we do, we run the risk of losing our ONLY developer for the Blade now...

So apologies, it was a joke... (which I think most of the regulars understood / got, it was just aimed at a couple of people who kept BEGGING him)....

Time will tell in November, if our Blade is lucky again this time around... Although I'd imagine the image would be so much bigger now, that our Blades wont even be able to make it fit, let alone run on... But if anyone knows, it's ZeeLog...   Lets respect him, not scare him....

Cheers, Lister

Hey Lister have you been able to get the android L. Dev preview to boot?

Hey Lister have you been able to get the android L. Dev preview to boot?

I dont think its come to the our phone maybe really just a preview. If i know right, then lollipop doesnt has dalvik option only ART which is not armv6 friendly its need hardly hack to make it work and lot of space on your device but i dont think its working great after hacked. I think its just slow as hell

I dont tried lollipop yet ( i have N5 after my skate its dead ) but i have. I just working with KK.

On my old skate i have some issue on libutils after 09.20 build myself so some patches break my zte device to boot for CM11, maybe you have the same issue on blade.

Edited by fagyi

so that means we can only get a themed one with some apps ported back to kitkat....Lolikitkat

On my option, yes. ( but androidmeda and psyke83 make an amazing job on androidarmv6 so maybe one day armv6 device can boot to CM12 ( of course when source is ready ) but its need lot of work and i dont know how is usuable after that )

I played with few hours with Lollipop n5 preview, i can say that its amazing so far.

Edited by fagyi

Is google play services included in this rom or even in the gapps? The reason i ask is that runkeeper and mapmywalk both now require the latest google play services to run. I can download it but there isn't enough room to install it too. I have uninstalled some apps to try and make space, i haven't tried installing on a stock rom. If google play services is installed on this rom or in gapps is it possible for a new version to be made?

Guest Lucas Dracul

Try using Pa gaaps.....U could use gaaps from a diffrent device although you will have to edit the get_prop in the updater script for them to work

Guest szpilasty

I'm using gapps from 1st post. Runkeeper is working OK. Just some map glitches.

You need to remember that 180MB system partition is needed for rom and gapps.

I'm using gapps from 1st post. Runkeeper is working OK. Just some map glitches.

You need to remember that 180MB system partition is needed for rom and gapps.

are you using runkeeper 3.10 though? Did you update google play services?

Edited by Guest

Guest szpilasty

It is 4.10.0 version. I'm not using it, just installed to check it for you. I do not like Google Maps for outdoor activities as they are lack of details. And yes - Google services are updated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lister Of Smeg

I refer to post  #1405 as earlier mentioned in this thread, everyone in this forum is still waiting for YOU to update this rom???
If it matters that much, why don't you take over from ZeeLog?

This phone is over 5 years old, it's hardly going to be the number one developed platform now, when there are many other newer ones out there... We should be grateful we still have ONE developer left. However constant moans and complaints will drive him away soon.... (if not already). Please lets be a bit more respectful, and appreciate all the work his HAS DONE, and no doubt will continue to do... He works on his own, and releases when he feels like it... (Unless you know otherwise???? by keep saying the rom is dead, perhaps you speak to him???).

If the rom _IS_ dead, I'm sure (like all other Devs) is that he'd come on here and say he is no longer working on it.... As he hasn't done this yet, lets assume he is still working on it, and we'll hear when he is ready....

Sorry to be so negative, just find myself having to repeat myself over and over and over again.... :(

Thanks, Lister

ROM is dead :-(

Guest FFS2309

I refer to post  #1405 as earlier mentioned in this thread, everyone in this forum is still waiting for YOU to update this rom???

If it matters that much, why don't you take over from ZeeLog?

This phone is over 5 years old, it's hardly going to be the number one developed platform now, when there are many other newer ones out there... We should be grateful we still have ONE developer left. However constant moans and complaints will drive him away soon.... (if not already). Please lets be a bit more respectful, and appreciate all the work his HAS DONE, and no doubt will continue to do... He works on his own, and releases when he feels like it... (Unless you know otherwise???? by keep saying the rom is dead, perhaps you speak to him???).

If the rom _IS_ dead, I'm sure (like all other Devs) is that he'd come on here and say he is no longer working on it.... As he hasn't done this yet, lets assume he is still working on it, and we'll hear when he is ready....

Sorry to be so negative, just find myself having to repeat myself over and over and over again.... :(

Thanks, Lister

I can only agree with you and it is really  wondering me that there are devs out there which make rom for this phone these days. I mean stock ROM is 2.1 or 2.2 at most and what have we got ? Android 4.4.4! I wonder every time how you could modify these ROMs so that they are working on this really old and slow device and I hope this isn't dead because it is working in every day usage without problems which is very nice because there are way better phones out there that can't give you stable custom ROMs... So at least I'm hoping that this phone will be alive longer than it already has been.

Guest elrond_bs

Even if the ROM is dead, we already have a nice KitKat version. It's very unlikely that we will get any newer Android versions (at least not such that actually work well), because our phone is extremely slow and old and Android 5.0 "Lollipop" requires ART, which is not compatible with ARM6 CPUs such as ours.

So enjoy the version we have OR if you want something new and working - buy a cheap new phone like Moto G or Moto E (both will get official Lollipop). Thankfully, nowadays there are many cheap phones with good quality.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest FFS2309

Even if the ROM is dead, we already have a nice KitKat version. It's very unlikely that we will get any newer Android versions (at least not such that actually work well), because our phone is extremely slow and old and Android 5.0 "Lollipop" requires ART, which is not compatible with ARM6 CPUs such as ours.

So enjoy the version we have OR if you want something new and working - buy a cheap new phone like Moto G or Moto E (both will get official Lollipop). Thankfully, nowadays there are many cheap phones with good quality.

I don't think that there will be no ARM6 ART because there are so many people and in worst case you could trick android in thinking that dalvik is art it wouldn't be as fast as art but should work and as far as I know are most Apps compatible with ART and Dalvik so I bet that there is a possibility to port it to ARMv6

Guest elrond_bs

I never said it won't happen, but not only ART has be ported, it will have to be working without problems. And then a 5.0 ROM has to be ported and be good enough, otherwise users will start complaining a lot with a half working or slow ROM. We have no active developers here and even KitKat was a big surprise. Blade is a lower-end phone from 2010, we should to be realistic and thankful for what we have.