[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest kogos

this seems to be the only active blade thread, since zte blade is an old device and there are not many ppl dealing with it. So, i'm posting this here, hoping that someone will answer: none of ZeeLog roms can be downloaded from goo.im. So, every rom he posted in mocaco or any other forum, hosted at goo.im, is pretty much a ghost rom. Anyone be kind enough to rehost/repost/reupload his latest v23 pacman rom for the blade???

thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Guest silverchair

It was time my old trustworthy blade continued its life in the hands of my mom. For that purpose I decided to upgrade it with the latest KitKat fitting on 180 Mb system partition. Went into recovery, wiped and deleted everything as per Zeelog instructions and installed ROM and gapps and voila - it booted. However .. for the life of me I cannot create or log with an existing gmail account, I keep getting There was a problem vommunicating with Google servers. Try again later. I've been googling for a while but could not find anything that helped, so decided to post here as I have doubts, google have changed something that no longer validates the gapps package that zeelog provided. What I've tried so far:

1) Checked MD5 of both ROM and GAPPS - both match. Copied them to device and checked again - matched.

2) Installed latest recovery from zeelog

3) Checked system part - 177 from 180, so no space issue.

4) Found more current gapps packages and tried to strip them so they fit - all of them got errors when trying to install in recovery.

5) Cleared cache and data for all google services.

6) Tried older versions of Zeelog's Rom - same issue.

This phone has been running with an older version of Zeelog's rom for over an year so I am at lost and would appreciate your help.

Update: Google Play Services seem to be missing (can't find it in Settings -> Apps -> All), could that be the problem and why would that suddenly be missing and worked before?

Edited by silverchair

Guest silverchair

Ok I can confirm that Google Play Services is missing in the gapps attached on 1st page of this ROM. Since I could not find proper gapps to run, I downloaded only a Google Play Services apk and it worked ... Something got messed up along the way I guess, wondering how nobody else reported this

Guest elrond_bs

!!!IMPORTANT!!! - READ ME FIRST:

As from build 18.1 (18 January 2015) You'll need at least 186mb system partition for the ROM and gapps to fit.

3) Checked system part - 177 from 180, so no space issue.

No such thing. The recovery just stopped copying the last few files before 180 MB (at 177 MB) because there was no space left. So nothing is missing in the ROM itself, the problem is in your system size. I suggest you reinstall with a proper system size, because some other things might have failed to be copied and you won't know until something fails to work.

Guest TheCactusman

I'm having a WiFi issue with this ROM, keeps saying "Authentication Problem" whenever I try to connect to my router. Anyone else having the same issue?

Guest silverchair

No such thing. The recovery just stopped copying the last few files before 180 MB (at 177 MB) because there was no space left. So nothing is missing in the ROM itself, the problem is in your system size. I suggest you reinstall with a proper system size, because some other things might have failed to be copied and you won't know until something fails to work.

You're doing good at reading instructions, but not posts. If you notice my first post I do say "I decided to upgrade it with the latest KitKat fitting on 180 Mb system" which basically means I am using the [5 AUGUST 2014] build of the ROM. So YES, the rom fits on 180 Mb system partition.

Guest elrond_bs

Sorry, I must have missed the word "fitting" or just assumed you didn't know the size was changed in the last 2 releases (it's a common mistake). :) As for the problem, I've been using the same release from August for a long time and never encountered such.

Guest silverchair

I have been using most of Zeelog's KitKat releases and updated dirty over time - no issue till I decided to clean flash the 5 August release. If you have been updating dirty (flashing new update over last KitKat rom), then this might be the reason it worked for both. I suspect though, that flashing clean would cause the same issue, as Google Play Services is missing from gapps. Once I flashed the apk, all is fine an dandy.

Guest elrond_bs

No, I actually clean installed this exact same build (August) and I haven't updated the ROM since then. I'm using the gapps from first page here and nothing is missing for me. But I no longer update Play Store and some other programs, which may require a newer version of Play Services (newer versions take too much space).

May be something else went wrong, I don't know? It happened to me once with another ROM - I had force close errors right after clean install for no reason and another clean install fixed it.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest silverchair

No force close-s at all, just a missing google play services and therefore nothing that has dependency on it works, which for an OS so dependent on cloud services is basically a death penalty. I am also using the gapps from first page, maybe you downloaded an older version of them? Cause I did try going back to an older KitKat releases prior August but same gapps and the problem was exactly the same. So that is how I tracked the issue is with gapps and then tracked exactly the problem.

One thing I haven't checked and which you suspected might be the problem is whether the Gapps + ROM would indeed fit on 180 system partition. I can check that later today by extracting both to a folder and see the space it takes.

• 2 months later...
Guest TheCactusman

I really don't know why this ROM is a struggle to install, I've tried reinstalling it many times and it just won't work.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi @TheCactusman,

It's not that hard to install....??  Sure, I had a couple of issues when I first tried to install it, but I believe my problems were due to not having the correct size system partition.... Once re-partitioned it to how it was requested, and not what I preferred (as in previous other roms), all seems to be ok since...

Take it you have the correct partition and recovery installed first....? As in the original post?

!!!IMPORTANT!!! - READ ME FIRST:

As from build 18.1 (18 January 2015) You'll need at least 186mb system partition for the ROM and gapps to fit.

You need to use the latest recovery (with SELinux support) to install this build (as from 18.1.15)
Upgrade from any previous release is not supported, full wipe is necessary.
Since int2ext is not part of this ROM anymore it's important to take full backup

I really don't know why this ROM is a struggle to install, I've tried reinstalling it many times and it just won't work.

Guest TheCactusman

Hi @TheCactusman,

It's not that hard to install....??  Sure, I had a couple of issues when I first tried to install it, but I believe my problems were due to not having the correct size system partition.... Once re-partitioned it to how it was requested, and not what I preferred (as in previous other roms), all seems to be ok since...

Take it you have the correct partition and recovery installed first....? As in the original post?

I have that recovery and a large enough partition, it just doesn't install correctly. I followed the instructions properly and all. It worked once, but then got stuck on the green android logo and wouldn't boot back into it. Don't know what happened.

• 1 month later...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw4MrIsg4_JlfktWcVVoLVJIdnlnYUROZDFUSW5jMzYweXFhbW1Sa0VYbk9oWUNoS1pmZkU&usp=sharing

Перед установкой любой кастомовской (неофициальной) прошивки рекомендуется установить сначала официальную

1. Install Official Android  Version
UNrar 4g4g_generic_p729v1.0.0b25.rar
connect USB cable PC and Zte Libra 
Copy from PC to Zte Libra 
 Folder Image\Image.bin
Menu+VolumeUp -Power
    (TPT info    
    System 220 Mb
    Data 162 Mb
    cache  37,5 Mb)

2. Install ClockWorkMode 5
UNZip gen2-tpt-v10-stock-blade.zip 
Copy from PC to Zte Libra ClockWorkMode 5
 Folder Image\Image.bin
Menu+VolumeUp -Power

3. update ClockWorkMode 5 to CWM RECOVERY 6.0.5.3 (v4 - SELinux support)

(navigation on ClockWorkMode 5 > Volume Up, Volume Down. Select > Home)

VolumeDown -Power

-mounts and storage > mount USB storage
Copy from PC to Zte Libra recovery-cwm-6.0.5.3-blade-TLS-SELinux.zip (No UNzip !)
-install zip > choose zip from /storage/sdcard 
advanced > power off

4. install cm-11-20150125-ZeeLogKANG-blade.zip
           pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140504-stripped-signed.zip

navigation to ClockWorkMode 6 > swipe Up, Swipe Down. 
           Select > Swipe Right, 
           Unselect > Swipe Left

Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Wipe Cache Partition
Mounts/Storage > Format System (Mandatory if you're coming from any other ROM!)
 Ext Size 2048mb Swap 0mb ext4
   подготавливаем место под Data (программы) c 162mb до 2048mb (если установлена внешняя microSDHC, у меня стоит 32gb)

Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache
Install from zip > Select downloaded ROM
Install from zip > Select download GAPPS
Reboot (might take a while,pls be patient!)

install From PlayMarket 

Mounts2SD (Very COOL program!)
 Application Settings
      Upstart script > Installed

Applications > on
          System Apps > off
          Libraries > off
          Data > on
          Dalvik Cashe > on
          Media > off

Reboot

6. Happy - NEW Phone !!!

p.s. если не смогли отрезать для программ 2048mb из 4 пункта, сделайте это после установки прошивки. для этого заходим в CWM (reboot -VolumeDown +Power)

Mounts and Storage > partition /storage/sdcard0
 Ext Size 2048mb Swap 0mb ext4
проверить можно посмотрев в программе Mounts2SD пункт External

телефон долго загружается, но потом быстро работает
[email protected]

Edited by [email protected]

• 3 months later...
Guest Alchess

Quick boot zip for Zte Blade.

Download Arter97-QuickBoot-1.0 zip to computer.

Extract Quickboot apk and save.

Downmload Zeelog 4.4.4 Cyanogenmod 11 for Zte blade(2014/08/05) to computer

Copy Quickboot apk to System-app.

Copy Zeelog rom to SD card in phone.

Make sure you have a back up place before flashing this rom.

Carry out instructions as in earlier post for flashing rom.

Tap build no seven times to enable developer options.

Open developer options and scroll down to find quickboot option enable option.

Next go to performance option enable tick box for disable boot animation.

Power off mobile it will close very quickly.

Power on again and it will boot up quickly.

I have had no problems with this working on my Zte Blade at all.

Also I though I would just share this information with anyone still using the Zte Blade.

Please note you do this at your own risk as I have done.

All Credits to Zeelog,Konsta and Ater97 and any other developer who helped with Zte blade Development

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest Florian Brüll

Does anyone have a TPT for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco GEN1 which includes:

/system 186MB
/cache 2MB
/OEM 0,1MB
which is suitable for ROM:
cm-11-20150125-ZeeLogKANG-blade.zip
[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)
http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/3...0-android-444/

By the way, is it a known issue that my ZTE Blade starts only when a USB Connection is established?

Edited by Florian Brüll

Florian,

I have the same device (GEN1). Try TPT Helper from Play Store. Worked well for conversion to GEN2 and re-partitioning. ZeeLogs rom still runs great on my phone (although I no longer use it for daily use). 

Guest Florian Brüll
On 19.2.2017 at 0:33 PM, topo01 said:

Florian,

I have the same device (GEN1). Try TPT Helper from Play Store. Worked well for conversion to GEN2 and re-partitioning. ZeeLogs rom still runs great on my phone (although I no longer use it for daily use). 

Hi Topi,

thanks for the answer.

The Mentioned TPT Helper from:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amphoras.tpthelper&hl=de

does not work, every time i try to download an image file, its 0kb size.

This is because the website:

http://amphoras.co.uk/index.php/apps/tpt-helper

is down and no TPT Files are available.

Does anyone have some TPT files for GEN1 devices (more than 1 image.bin file)

by the way, how do I get the google calender working? Everytime a try to update the google playstore service I get an exception
How Big must be the /SYSTEM partition to fit with open gapps version:
open_gapps-arm-4.4-pico-2017xxxx

Edited by Florian Brüll

• 2 weeks later...
Guest phoenX80

Hi I can install last 2014 update iwthout issues. However with the new CWM none of the two 2015 versions install. It says status 7 cause of some symlinks errors. Nothing I tried helped. Anyone knows what causes the symlining errors?

Thanks

Guest Florian Brüll
20 hours ago, phoenX80 said:

Hi I can install last 2014 update iwthout issues. However with the new CWM none of the two 2015 versions install. It says status 7 cause of some symlinks errors. Nothing I tried helped. Anyone knows what causes the symlining errors?

Thanks

Please see first post, you needat least 186MB space on/system partion, therefore a proper TPT file is needed which fullfield the size.

Does anyone have this android version and is using google calendar fresh installed from google play store? After istalling the app is asking for play service update which will lead to a error during startup :-(

Guest Florian Brüll

Hi all,
I was able to install the latest version cm-11-20150125-ZeeLogKANG-blade.zip from:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/efcqsmp657a6zwp/cm-11-20150125-ZeeLogKANG-blade.zip

with the attached GEN2 Partition layout.
My Main Issue still occurs:
1. When turning on the Phone it stays freezing at beginning as long as I attach a USB Cable even the Batterie is at 99% (no batteries swipe is possible anymore within CWM RECOVERY 6.0.5.3)
2. When trying to download the Google Calendar or google Hangouts app from playstore its required a new version of google play services which will lead to a Continuos error message during startup.

Does anyone knows a solution of these kind of problems?

GEN2_2cache_252data_186system_0OEM.zip

Screenshot_2017-03-09-17-09-59.png

Screenshot_2017-03-09-18-14-15.png

Screenshot_2017-03-09-18-14-26.png

Screenshot_2017-03-09-18-14-47.png

Screenshot_2017-03-09-18-17-24.png

Screenshot_2017-03-09-18-17-44.png

Edited by Florian Brüll

• 10 months later...
Guest Florian Brüll

How to use this room with the gapps alternative microg?

Has anyone done it with success?

The 
"[MOD][FLASHABLE] microG unofficial installer"

did work but the Rom does not seems to be support 

Signature Spoofing:

https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/wiki/Signature-Spoofing

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/microg-unofficial-installer-t3432360

Edited by Florian Brüll

• 3 months later...
Guest Grah

i spend 2 hours now to get my phone fitting to 186 mb sys partition, here are all the necessary files so that not all of the other retro fans have to search again:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4vh6r45j3y605rj/custom_tpt_zte_blade.zip

includes:
Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v10-custom.zip
 TPT Helper.apk
recovery-cwm-6.0.5.3-blade-TLS-SELinux.zip
Blade Checker_v2.1_apkpure.com.apk
ZTE Blade Partition Layout Tool.exe

i hope it is okay that i collected all the files, thanks to the distributors

Guest Florian Brüll

Thanks @Grah for your contribution.

Did you managed to get the microG Framework running properly?

Or did you use the micro gapps for Adnroid 4.4 Arm devices?